A word on donations

The forum to discuss the upcoming event held in Melbourne to raise funds for charities currently involved with the Victorian 2006 Bushfire disasters.
universal sea

A word on donations

Post by universal sea »

As posted in the Heavyweight Xmas party thread a few weeks back, we too are raising some funds towards the fire associations.

I've been in contact with both the Melbourne Metropolitan Fire Brigade and Country Fire Authority. First off, it's the latter we should be targetting. I wrote to the former because I figured they wouldn't send a representative from the country for our 200-250 person party.

Darren from the CFA informed me that if we wanted to send the donations to the CFA (through Commonwealth Bank), the funds are used towards training volunteer firefighters such as personal development, leadership training skills, etc. If the target is the victims of the fires, the Red Cross is a better solution.

For donations to the CFA, either for a party of personal contribution, here is the banking information:

*Bank* : Commonwealth Bank of Australia

*BSB* : 063225

*Account* : 1022 2326

*Branch* : Forest Hill - 23 Mahoneys Road, Forest Hill Vic 3131

*Name of Account: *Country Fire Authority Public Fund* *

The Red Cross can be found here:

http://www.redcross.org.au/default.asp
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Nice work.

Several other things that we need to note. Even if the money is being passed directly onto a organisation because we are running the event we may need to fill out a fundraising application form. Seems pretty straight forward, i have a copy here. I am looking into if we can get around this, I think that will be discovered once we have the charity decided upon.

Also we need to be real carfeful about the raffle. To run any raffle with total prizes over the value of $3000 you need a licence.
DBoy

Re: A word on donations

Post by DBoy »

universal sea wrote:As posted in the Heavyweight Xmas party thread a few weeks back, we too are raising some funds towards the fire associations.

I've been in contact with both the Melbourne Metropolitan Fire Brigade and Country Fire Authority. First off, it's the latter we should be targetting. I wrote to the former because I figured they wouldn't send a representative from the country for our 200-250 person party.

Darren from the CFA informed me that if we wanted to send the donations to the CFA (through Commonwealth Bank), the funds are used towards training volunteer firefighters such as personal development, leadership training skills, etc. If the target is the victims of the fires, the Red Cross is a better solution.

For donations to the CFA, either for a party of personal contribution, here is the banking information:

*Bank* : Commonwealth Bank of Australia

*BSB* : 063225

*Account* : 1022 2326

*Branch* : Forest Hill - 23 Mahoneys Road, Forest Hill Vic 3131

*Name of Account: *Country Fire Authority Public Fund* *

The Red Cross can be found here:

http://www.redcross.org.au/default.asp
Can you pass on his details or get in contact with me Sea because if we choose this as our charity there are more detials we need to discuss. Like the use of logo on advertising and so on.
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

His contact info, and that of the City brigade, sent via PM to you.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

DBoy wrote:
Also we need to be real carfeful about the raffle. To run any raffle with total prizes over the value of $3000 you need a licence.
IMO, Im leaning towards not doing a raffle. Mainly because we have so much happening already and perhaps time could be better spent getting people to the event??

Anyone agree or otherwise??? :D
deviant

Post by deviant »

just simplify it........

do a simple raffle with one prize...... doesn't have to be mega, coz everyone knows it's for charity.

the more ways to generate money the better. multiple streams of income (as any good entrepreneur will tell you ;) ) are better then one.