attention MB.com artists (any medium!)

The forum to discuss the upcoming event held in Melbourne to raise funds for charities currently involved with the Victorian 2006 Bushfire disasters.
ghetto kitty

attention MB.com artists (any medium!)

Post by ghetto kitty »

hi guys...

so i have a few art works coming from my stencil/street art connections...

but i would love a mix of styles and mediums, and some Mb peeps have misunderstood that im only looking for graff type stuff >>> NOT TRUE!!!

if any of you paint, draw, take amazing photos (lots of you do i know!!)
do wicked vector stuff, make macrame record crates.....you get the idea..

please pm me, or drop me some art in the next three weeks to Lounge during weekdays so I can catalogue and shizznit.

cmon, the last art auction I did we made over $4000, but there was around thirty works......bring em on!!!

(ps kitty loves you)
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Wildlife Vic' sent me the details of a photography student from R.M.I.T who wants to donate a framed photo for the auction

I'll pass her details on to you Kitty
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

that would be great.

i have two amazing pieces right behind me for this acution already, and more are coming.

they are even fire-themed, and it wasnt intentional!!!

:wink:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

with photography stuff, i know i ain't no gun at it, but i know some shots i have taken ain't too bad. you reckon people would buy em? for small price?

i know Lyntos' stuff would definitely get snapped up if he put it out there, also Mr Chan....

maybe we could blow them up to say A4 size and price em at $20/30/40 < not sure which one. every little bit helps

just a thought...
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

lizkins > abso-fuckin-loutely.

with photos, its the framing thats the most expensive, but i think nice A4 shots framed well would defiantely be worth it!!!

we start the bidding at somethin like $30 and go up!!!

i dont know how many pieces ill end up with, this being a busy time of year for everyone, but if i had say, ten canvases (or fifteen), ten framed photos, and ten other forms of art, it would definately be an auction to make some cash!!

im gonig to do some kitty canvases tooooo (even tho my skills arent up there either!)

lets do it!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I've got a Glass Sculpture that one of my friends is donating too, so this auction will cover quite a few different mediums.

I'll PM Karl & Lucas about submitting some photos too
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

GK putting this link in photo thread - should people contact you re photos they want to contribute?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I went to the Arts Centre Sunday Markets yesterday and grabbed a few business cards from some artists/photographers that have alot of Melbourne/Victorian stuff

Kitty, do you want me to pass on their details to you so you can contact them and ask if they would like to donate?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

lizkins >definately!!

anyone can pass my detials onto anyone who might be up for donating works.

email is probably best, i dont want to cold canvas call people and ask em in person, it doesnt give them the time and space to answer accurately i think..

we cant really do more than forty works IMO, a good auctioneer will take a while on each piece, and forty could still take all day!!!

have we got an auctioneer??

and have we got someone who can layout a catalogue type thingie??
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

ghetto kitty wrote:have we got an auctioneer??

possibly John So & Lavinia Nixon

does anyone have any other suggestions for auctioneers in case they fall through?