New Grounds Launch @ Night Owl - 7th March feat Q-Bik(NZ)

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Zero Hour

New Grounds Launch @ Night Owl - 7th March feat Q-Bik(NZ)

Post by Zero Hour »

Running every Friday Night from 9pm-5am, in the comfy surrounds of the Night Owl Bar, with upgraded sound system, New Grounds is the freshest destination for those who want to hear what the future holds as well as opening the door for those who want to be heard.

Weekly residents + guests ensure a solid night of Hip Hop and Drum 'n' Bass. Those who want to step up please get in contact or come along with your demo.

To kick things off we are proud to present DJ Q Bik (NZ). With releases forthcoming on Basswerk (GER), Phuzion (UK) and Vibez (UK) he is making waves with his rolling productions and DJ'ing.

Taken from http://www.myspace.com/qbikmuzik

Q-BiK has been a working DJ for 7 years. It has taken him across NEW ZEALAND and Australia many times over on his own tours & residencies reaching every major city and province in N.Z. and Australia. Q-BiK has supported and been billed along side several prominent NZ and Australian artists tours such as, Concord Dawn, The Upbeats, Greg Packer Shapshifter, Bulletproof, Salmonella Dub, Fat Freddys Drop, Phetsta, Shockone, etc, not including supporting many of his heroes in the DnB and the Electronic Genre realm on their own tours abroad in N.Z. and Australia. Acts like BOMBFUNK MC's, Masters at Work, XPRESS 2, Digital,TEEBEE, High Contrast, London Electricty, Total Science, Marcus Intalex, Doc Scott, Bryan G, Outrage to name a few.

Q-BiK, recently signed to the BIG - Phuzion Records (Nookie's Label) and the well respected Vibez Recordings (SUBJECT 13), as well as gaining some serious interest from Digital & Brillo @ Timeless Records and Bryan G @ V Recordings and the dynamic duo that are Total Science, and Tony Coleman at Hospital Recordings ... to name a few. This follows 1-XTRA airings of his works by DJ Sappo, KISS FM - DJ Ruffstuff and Bryan G on his Movement Radio show on Ministry of Sound as well as Nookie's weekly show on Ministry of Sound, and gaining airplay and heavy club support from the scene's biggest names across the DnB world, which shows his tunes broad appeal to dj's and punters across the spectrum and the dancefloor.

Line up:

Myst
ATP
Cubist
Q Bik
Zero Hour
C:1
Last edited by Zero Hour on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

This is going to be a wicked night....can't wait! :D
Ani

Post by Ani »

YAY! like the flyer too... mysterious!
killeye

Post by killeye »

Niiiiice :smt026

It all looks kinda official now ...
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

Q-Bik:

Gona be a wicked night! Got loads of super fresh tunes for you lot, including heaps of new Metalheadz, Lomax, Brookes brothers, Influx UK, Calibre, Marcus Intalex, Digital, and boy the list goes on!!

This is part of a small 3 date tour, also touching down in Launceston and Canberra.

I look forward to finally touching down in melbs to play and meeting more the melbourne headz!

I have plenty of Kiwi mates living in melbs, so I best be seeing some you guys out there friday... Bassfreak, D-Tour, and heaps of the other kiwi crew!

Ez

Q
8)
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Biggups Zero Hour on pushing forward the Melb scene and opening the doors to up to upcoming DJ's. We also gunna have a limited amount of Night Owl Key Ring Memberships that will entitle you to free entry at any Night Owl gig. So if you want a Night Owl membership come down on the 7th and get in my ear about it.
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Oh and also. Looking forward to hearing Q-Bik. His tunes are up there...
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Choice. looking forward to this. Q-Bik is a good mate of mine. HTown NZ reprazent!
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

Yeah really lookin forward to hearin Q-Bik. Some quality tunes he has as well as a heap of fresh tunes from big names and labels...cant wait!
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

For those not aware of these labels:

Phuzion...Nookie's label, tunes from Bachelors of Science, Kubiks & Lomax, Electrosoul System, Blu Mar Ten, Stunna, Matizz.

Vibez(Subject 13)....Alaska, Seba, ASC, Intense(1st Contact...fkn tune!!), Future Engineers etc...

Basswerk....the mighty Green Man, say no more.

Bumpness for friday!

8)
Mysty

Post by Mysty »

this friday night..

come one, come all...

all types welcome....

:D :D

I will also have cheapies for Storm if any1 is after them
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Yeah man. I'm excited about this new night. It's an open door for all those wanting to get involved in Melb DnB. DJ's, MC's promotors, public. Anyone. Nice one Zero Hour.
killeye

Post by killeye »

One sleep to go!! :cat:

killeye myspace
Ani

Post by Ani »

tomorrow night! :D can't wait, it's been a loooooong week...
Keir
PLUS:ONE

Post by Keir »

good stuff guys, hope it goes well. look forward to joining you for some music and a beer sometime soon
FORWARD FOCUS PRESENTED BY KEIR. SUNDAY NIGHT'S 9-1030PM :: KISS FM
LISTEN LIVE FROM 87.6, 87.8, 88.0 or STREAM LIVE FROM KISSFM.COM.AU -> DOWNLOAD THE KISSFM iPHONE APP HERE
FACEBOOK || MYSPACE
Collective Force

Post by Collective Force »

*Lookin Good!
More jungle tingz on da horizon, keep your eyez peeled.
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Bring it...on
killeye

Post by killeye »

I heard a rumor that Cubist is gonna be doing a signing of this week's Inpress down there tonight...can anyone confirm? :wink:

killeye myspace
Keir
PLUS:ONE

Post by Keir »

killeye wrote:I heard a rumor that Cubist is gonna be doing a signing of this week's Inpress down there tonight...can anyone confirm? :wink:
lol

save me one eden :teef:
FORWARD FOCUS PRESENTED BY KEIR. SUNDAY NIGHT'S 9-1030PM :: KISS FM
LISTEN LIVE FROM 87.6, 87.8, 88.0 or STREAM LIVE FROM KISSFM.COM.AU -> DOWNLOAD THE KISSFM iPHONE APP HERE
FACEBOOK || MYSPACE
ATP

Post by ATP »

Sign my man boobs please!
http://www.myspace.com/djatp
http://atp.valhalla.net.nz
http://www.energycurrency.info

Energy Currency LP-Out Soon on Vibration Recs
NuSoul-on bassdrive Thursdays 9-10pm
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

ATP wrote:Sign my man boobs please!
Plz dont encourage him to touch anyones boobs :lol:

Myst 9-11
ATP 11-12
Cubist 12-1
Q-Bik 1-3
Zero Hour 3-4
C:1 4 till close

8)
johnnynostars

Post by johnnynostars »

I think I may venture out of the house for this, but I don't know if it's safe. Has the radiation dropped to an acceptable level yet?
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

prob will get down tonight