Christchurch Earthquake Charity Album seeking Music

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
ShiKung

Christchurch Earthquake Charity Album seeking Music

Post by ShiKung »

On Tuesday 22 February 2011 Christchurch, New Zealand suffered a devastating earthquake causing massive damage and loss of life. The statistics are not yet available, but it is clear that this is day that New Zealand will never forget. The wider online community as well is struggling to come to grips with the severity of this event and many are left looking for a way that they can be of some support.

I am reaching out to those around me to add too a charity compilation album that will be hosted on bandcamp.com. Depending on the response the album will available for download for a donation or maybe a fixed price. All the proceeds gathered from the album will go to The Red Cross Appeal and the Christchurch Salvation army.

Its a way for the people of Christchurch to know that there are those of us worldwide that wish we could help and we are doing what we can to make a difference, and that even thou they are going through tough times they shouldn't feel as if they are forgotten or alone.

If you want to contribute please send an expression of interest to me at [email protected] by Wednesday 2 March.

Thanks for you time.
ShiKung

Re: Christchurch Earthquake Charity Album seeking Music

Post by ShiKung »

Wow so over night the response has exploded! Thanks heaps Melb-beats community
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

emailed. good cause, exciting project.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

Thanks bro!
ghostsoul

Post by ghostsoul »

I'll deffinately donate a tune.
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

FAQ by contributors to the Christchurch Quake Relief Album on Bandcamp

How will the Album be released?
The album is going to be hosted on christchurchquakerelief.bandcamp.com as one release. People will have to make a donation before downloading the album. This allows for everyone to be able to contribute as much as they possibly can and rewards people who donate money with some awesome music.

What type of sound are you going for?
This project has a totally open door policy to the music submitted. As long as you yourself are happy to give it away we are more than happy to take it.

What file types do you need?
I would totally love Wave files if at all possible, but don't let this hold you back if you only have one file type send it through and we will endeavour to sort it out.

Are you getting the Album Mastered? Should i send Mixed or Mastered tunes?
I will be seeking someone to Master the compilation overall to put forward everything you have donated in the best possible way. But be aware as well that this person will be donating their spare time to make this possible so please send through the Mastered files of your project or try to get someone on your end to do this for you, so your music sounds as good as possible. And we are on a strict deadline so the earlier you get the tunes to us the better it will all work out.

How should I send you the file?
You can either email it to me at [email protected] or send me a link to where it is hosted online and I'll download it myself.

When do you need Everything by?
We are going live with this project on Thursday March 3rd! This give us NO TIME at all, but it is vital to getting exposure for the project in a media market whilst there is still public interest in the cause.

What Else do you need from me?
I am keen to use this project to not only raise public awareness of the needs associated with the disaster, but also to promote that there are some awesome artists out there in the world (that means you) and that the online community has access to tools and information its never had before. So saying that I want LINKS! URL me up and we will hotline to your profile from the album itself.

Once again thank you for offering to be part of this project, the reaction has been really overwhelming!

Pauly
dyzlexic

Post by dyzlexic »

ghostsoul wrote:I'll deffinately donate a tune.
yeah bro!! give 'em our one :D

great cause... big ups Mr Shikung!!
spiral

Post by spiral »

defo donating a tune