:::Morebass:::Loop:::Saturday 17th March:::Free

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
cuznmatt

:::Morebass:::Loop:::Saturday 17th March:::Free

Post by cuznmatt »

https://www.facebook.com/events/106619796130202/
MOREBASS
After 3 years in exile and much anticipation Morebass makes a long over due return on Saturday 17th of March.

We are very excited to be bringing you Morebass’ traditional up for it vibe along with our diversity in beats and grooves, in the lush surrounds of Loop, for your listening and viewing pleasure.

Bringing back the community that flourished in Brunswick at Acemorning and later My Aeon we gonna do it a little bit tidier with visuals and less stuff to pack up. All local, some live, some scratching, some booty ghetto tek. when it's hot. you need another drink. what you think? a brother gonna do is go outside. and smoke a blunt in the car and then come back. and get some love in the club.

----------------------------------------------------------

JD - has kicked around the traps for years. coming up on 80/90s high school hiphop and getting into the melbourne acid techno scene. More recently Jd has been involved in the Rock Like This parties and playing regularly at Brown Alley, Lounge and other parties. Packing dancefloors with ghetto funk mash ups 4 on the floor party rockers and breaks.

SNESmega - Notorious Turntable thrashing party rocker hailing from the SERPENT 54 collective. Expect to have your face torn off with a display of "Not so Delicate" turntablism and head banging Jeep Beats, laced with samples and snippets of 90's culture. If his previous MOREBASS! performances are any thing to go by, then you'd better bring a fresh pair of Y-fronts.
http://www.serpent54.com

cuznmatt - has been rocking parties on and off years. always fun, matt has a short attention span so changes things up, or down, as he sees fit, without warning. sometimes he gets serious, but it's always bass heavy shit. This is gonna be fun, matt will be bringing his all time favourite morebass trucking hits.

Midget Fidget - a threesome of epic proporations, these guys do heaps of cool shit. James did the flyer for this party. top job. Pat has produced some hardcore shit as has Gavin been producing some really nice music. Enjoy the Midget Fidget extravaganza.

MBug - Fluidly crossing genres and engaging dancers on an ever building journey through techno, minimal, electro, progressive, trance and tribal sounds. Mbug performances are all about a symbiosis between DJ and dancer the artist as a mirror reflecting, amplifying and guiding the dance floor experience and channelling the crowd’s energy into unified delight.

:::C:1 and Mike Hunt have been slammin the general public of Melbourne with Detroit Ghettotech and Chicago Booty House together since 2008. Armed with their favourite vinyl at the Workshop the two nutters have been makin all the ass n titties pump it and the booty perculate!!!!

VJ Junior - is a performing animator and motion graphics designer based in Melbourne who specializes in abstract forms created for large-scale visual experiences. VJ Junior has previously supported local legends Spoonbill and Eshan Gelsi. Check out VJ Junior at her next gig, Deep Cuts, on the bill with MIX ARCHITEKT and Sam Bentley.
http://www.lostfew.com
http://www.vjunionaustralia.com/vj/vj-junior
quiet roar

Re: :::Morebass:::Loop:::Saturday 17th March:::Free

Post by quiet roar »

Oh My...
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

oh my indeed Rob. would be great if you can make it down. been a while. got and hit this shizz and give morebass some more likes.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

This will drag a few of us out of retirement, methinks.

Though Loop's a bit fancy for Morebass, isn't it?

Sorry pal, don't do facebook so I can't help with a "like" but I will be there.
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

nothing beats grungy old acemorning. lots of bonuses with Loop. less setting up and packing down. in fact none. plus it's free so no door bitches and haggling with smashed people. i will miss the smashed hagglers and meet and greet door bitches though. have had ideas about elsewhere but it ticks a lot of boxes.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

Don't get me wrong, I do like the place, just that I was surprised.
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

Nice one!! wish I could be there, quality line up too
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

^ Hey man, it's been ages! Where you at nowadays?
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

is that KL? holy shitbags dude. how are you travelling?
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

Hey guys been good, still trappsing round the globe...love the more bass parties and have so many good memories, jealous to miss out but was super stoked to see this on, easily one of melbournes best local everythings ....do another one later in the year november (hint hint) hope you guys are well , miss yaz aye and have an awesome night, ps those soundcloud mixes are awesome!!
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

velvet nigga reprazent.
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

some set times for your arses.

10-11.30 Ghetto filth
11.30-12 snes mega
12-1 cuznmatt
1-2 Midget Fidget
2-3 Ehsan
3-4 mbug
4-cl c:1 vs mikehunt
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

Noice!!

See you there.
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

was great to see you all. thanks for coming down.

will be back again in May at Loop. free again and more of our diverse beats, grooves and bass heavy shit.

drop a load on you very soon.