SHINDIG @ WORKSHOP // FRI MARCH 30TH // FREE ENTRY!!!

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

MR B wrote:GREAT NIGHT GUYS!

Great tunes & Great People!!!
:scr1pt:

Haven't had that much fun hangin with a bunch of peeps in a long time. Felt 21 again...though this morning has shown me that I'm definitely not anymore. :lol:

Wicked, packed, groovin!

Big ups to Hep for playin my all-time favorite Biggie track, Patrick for showin us all that you can make it to the CBD from South Yarra on a moments notice in 15 minutes, the Scratch Foundation for being dudes of the highest order and causing a "serious" debate at the back of the venue over who originally wrote "Stand By Me" and, most importantly, the birthday boy himself for his general drunkeness and playing a dope set whilst barely standing there at the end.

Bring on iDig!!!

8)
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Massive BIG UPS of the highest order. That was one hell of an awesome night, as what Eric said, madest of tunes, a packed venue all night long, and the right people. Can't ask for anymore.

Thank you everybody who came. Bring on iDig
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Snowie wrote:Massive BIG UPS of the highest order. That was one hell of an awesome night, as what Eric said, madest of tunes, a packed venue all night long, and the right people. Can't ask for anymore.

Thank you everybody who came. Bring on iDig
:scr1pt:

Again...

:D
Brain

Post by Brain »

obliveus wrote: and causing a "serious" debate at the back of the venue over who originally wrote "Stand By Me"
Hey, it was me who started that debate - music geek credit where credit is due! And I was right, it was Ben E. King who originally performed it (although he wrote it with Leiber and Stoller). You can now avoid me in public in case I start conversations like that again.

Top night overall, Snowie was in fine messy form, and the tunes were sweet.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Brain wrote:
obliveus wrote: and causing a "serious" debate at the back of the venue over who originally wrote "Stand By Me"
Hey, it was me who started that debate - music geek credit where credit is due! And I was right, it was Ben E. King who originally performed it (although he wrote it with Leiber and Stoller). You can now avoid me in public in case I start conversations like that again.

Top night overall, Snowie was in fine messy form, and the tunes were sweet.
True, true. many apologies for leaving you out of the loop. But the conversation was started due to their remix of Stand By Me...loadie!

:lol:
Brain

Post by Brain »

^^^^Still got that freakin song stuck in my head!

(Along with the the Muppet Show theme for some reason.)