Charlton Heston's Dead

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.

Do you care?

Good Riddance to the worlds most famous gun lobbiest
71%
Don't speak ill of the dead. he was talented, or some crap
29%

Total votes: 24

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Thanks fucking christ. Shame he didn't accidently shoot himself in the head.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

April 14th, 2003

Dear Diary,

Today I killed a man with my own damned hands.

I was on the city bus when the murder transpired. I had just travelled to the public library to rent a copy of The Ten Commandments. The events that followed led naturally to the murder, and I do not fault myself for it. I am positive anyone would have done the same thing if put in my position.

What happened was this: I suddenly felt the urge to kill a man with my bare hands. The lust sometimes comes over me— as I am sure it does us all— and I find it best not to argue with the kill-lust, but rather feed the hunger as one would a pet of some kind.

Reaching over to the man next to me, I lightly placed my hand atop his shoulder, and with the other hand holding The Ten Commandments attempted a friendly wave.

"Hello, hippie," I said chummily. "Petitioned your government to abolish guns lately? Me too—we're all hippie friends here. There's nothing to be frightened of."

"Um hey," said the man. "Say aren't you Cha—", and then I damned well killed him, pummeling him in the neck with The Ten Commandments until he was dead.

I laughed a hearty baritone laugh, with my hands atop my hips. "I'm Charlton damned Heston!" I yelled to everyone on the bus. "And I just killed a man with my own damned hands, you filthy hippies!"

Ha HA! They didn't have much to say about that!
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

satisfaction in anybody's death is shallow.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

true that
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

It may be shallow to take satisfaction in someone's death, but fuck it. The man was scum. Anyone who fights so rigorously to keep implements of death in peoples homes is a waste of cells.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Not happy that a man is dead but I didn't particularly like him either. Great actor in his day, totally misguided since then.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Ani

Post by Ani »

The way people have spoken about this guy is a bit sick. Isn't everybody entitled to an opinion? You may not like it, but that's what he felt was important. He came from a different time, a different place and a different background from everyone here, and I'm sure he felt his reasons for his actions were justified just as any of us do. And if you all felt so strongly about the issue this sure as hell is the first I've heard of it. Why get passionate about something just cause someone on the other side of the argument is dead now? Give it a break people. May he rest in peace.

/end rant
flippo

Post by flippo »

fucking gun lobbyist! bastard!

someone should have shot that cunt years ago..
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

yeah would have been more fitting to go out in a blaze of bullets
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Ani wrote:The way people have spoken about this guy is a bit sick. Isn't everybody entitled to an opinion? You may not like it, but that's what he felt was important. He came from a different time, a different place and a different background from everyone here, and I'm sure he felt his reasons for his actions were justified just as any of us do. And if you all felt so strongly about the issue this sure as hell is the first I've heard of it. Why get passionate about something just cause someone on the other side of the argument is dead now? Give it a break people. May he rest in peace.

/end rant
Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion. My opinion is that he was a waste of life and holding back evolution.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Fight fight fight fight
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Smile on Impact

Post by Smile on Impact »

Ani wrote:...... May he rest in peace.

/end rant
I hope so too.
because ,he sure didn't live in peace.
only someone riddled with fear and insecurity, can desire a killing machine.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i just think those diaries are piss funny huhuh
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

huge wrote:i just think those diaries are piss funny huhuh
link pls
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

I'm glad he never followed his friend Ronald into politics.
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

Special Hegg wrote:I'm glad he never followed his friend Ronald into politics.
Word

He was a fine actor in his day and for that he shall be missed however he will be remembered for all his Pro Gun bullshit and on that note so long farewell
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I heard this morning that he was actually anti-guns prior to his whole pro-gun stance.... so the whole "being from another time" argument doesn't seem quite so valid. He obviously had his own agenda.

R.I.P to a talented actor.

Good riddance to a famous gun lobbyist.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

RIP to his acting, but that is it
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

bye
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but that's one less gun lobbiest gone!

BUT RIP as mentioned, to his acting.
deviant

Post by deviant »

who cares???

people die all the time, especially old people... hardly a tragedy. He would've done f** all gun lobbying in his final years anyways :?

meh
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Hey Smile on impact - What is the person in your avater holding?
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

rofl
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

universal sea wrote:satisfaction in anybody's death is shallow.
first time i think ive ever agreed with you. some comments about people dying I read on here make me fucking sick.
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

i think id be satisfied if mugabe died. moreso if it broke the current sitation. wouldn't you just a little?
Friday

Post by Friday »

PahMaLa wrote:Don't mean to be disrespectful
you gotta earn respect in my books. holding a gun lobby rally in colorado just after the colombine shootings is disrespectful to the family and friends of the victims... he didn't show them any respect...

i feel sad for his family and friends that they have lost someone they loved and cared for. death is always sad.

however i don't buy the whole 'don't speak ill of the dead thing'. my opinion of him as a person doesn't change just because he isn't alive anymore. i think he was a narrow minded and nasty person.

his campaigning against pro-choice for abortion was particularly sad.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Friday wrote:however i don't buy the whole 'don't speak ill of the dead thing'. my opinion of him as a person doesn't change just because he isn't alive anymore. i think he was a narrow minded and nasty person.
This is a good point. Agreed.
FoundationStepper

Direktor wrote:
Friday wrote:however i don't buy the whole 'don't speak ill of the dead thing'. my opinion of him as a person doesn't change just because he isn't alive anymore. i think he was a narrow minded and nasty person.

just like the chaser pointed out in the eulogy song... didn't go down too well though...
tactik

Post by tactik »

Funny that pro-life, pro-gun arsehats seem to garner respect just for dying...

Heston's acting was stiff, caricatured shite IMHO.
Had some memorable lines... but we should probably praise the writers for that.

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Ironic that one of his most quoted lines is in reference to mankind's idiocy with weapons and arms races and how thinking along those lines could end up destroying everything.

As for the anti-gun crew. I think that people need to realise that Canada has more guns than the USA and yet a fraction of the gun-murder/death toll. Apparently the discrepancy is due to public aggression, fear and paranoia (supposedly triggered and fuelled by the sensationalised American media).

The sad bit is that gun ownership/use along with certain prejudices, fears and aggressive action appear to now have become part of the American identity. Part of their culture.

Weird/Fucked.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

tactik wrote:I think that people need to realise that Canada has more guns than the USA
Wow! Really? Where did you hear this?

Out of interest I read this: http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/942388/posts
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Direktor wrote:
tactik wrote:I think that people need to realise that Canada has more guns than the USA
Wow! Really? Where did you hear this?

Out of interest I read this: http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/942388/posts

yeah that is the first i have heard that Canada owns more. I thought they owned a lot less. That being the point really, guns contribute to the issue.
click here fo fotos
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Direktor wrote:
Point taken! Don't know it's just the way I have been bought is to not speak ill of anyone who has passed away no matter how fucked up the person is...
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

PahMaLa wrote:
Direktor wrote:
Point taken! Don't know it's just the way I have been bought is to not speak ill of anyone who has passed away no matter how fucked up the person is...
Same here Pam. But, if somone was a real prick during their living years, I agree that their past indiscretions shouldn't be "forgotten" due to their death.

We all die.

But, we don't all forge reputations out of being assholes.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

fucking hell i'm trying hard to keep my mouth shut on this one.

some truly revolting statements above. :?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

FAIL

Coalition for Gun Control wrote:

Canada has always had stronger firearms regulation than the United States, particularly with respect to handguns. In Canada, handguns have been licensed and registered since the 1930’s, ownership of guns has never been regarded as a right and several court rulings have reaffirmed the right of the government to protect citizens from guns. Handgun ownership has been restricted to police, members of gun clubs or collectors. Very few (about 50 in the country) have been given permits to carry handguns for "self-protection." This is only possible if an applicant can prove that their life is in danger and the police cannot protect them.

As a result, Canada has roughly 1 million handguns while the United States has more than 76 million. While there are other factors affecting murder, suicide and unintentional injury rates, a comparison of data in Canada and the United States suggests that access to handguns may play a role. While the murder rate without guns in the US is roughly equivalent (1.8 times) to that of Canada, the murder rate with handguns is 14.5 times the Canadian rate. The costs of firearms death and injury in the two countries have been compared and estimated to be $495 (US) per resident in the United States compared to $195 per resident in Canada.

Guns per capita in 1997
Canada .25
US .82
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

PahMaLa wrote:
Direktor wrote:

hard to see that about rapists, serial killers and the like...
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Lizkins wrote:
PahMaLa wrote:
Direktor wrote: This is a good point. Agreed.

They can't be bad when they're dead. Best to talk about them when are walking the Earth otherwise your wasting your breath cause its too late for anything good to come of it.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

black star wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
PahMaLa wrote: Point taken! Don't know it's just the way I have been bought is to not speak ill of anyone who has passed away no matter how fucked up the person is...

They can't be bad when they're dead. Best to talk about them when are walking the Earth otherwise your wasting your breath cause its too late for anything good to come of it.
Goes without saying really... so do we just not speak of the dead at all?

Or do you speak just as honestly as before?
almax

Post by almax »

breaksRbest wrote:FAIL

Coalition for Gun Control wrote:

Canada has always had stronger firearms regulation than the United States, particularly with respect to handguns. In Canada, handguns have been licensed and registered since the 1930’s, ownership of guns has never been regarded as a right and several court rulings have reaffirmed the right of the government to protect citizens from guns. Handgun ownership has been restricted to police, members of gun clubs or collectors. Very few (about 50 in the country) have been given permits to carry handguns for "self-protection." This is only possible if an applicant can prove that their life is in danger and the police cannot protect them.

As a result, Canada has roughly 1 million handguns while the United States has more than 76 million. While there are other factors affecting murder, suicide and unintentional injury rates, a comparison of data in Canada and the United States suggests that access to handguns may play a role. While the murder rate without guns in the US is roughly equivalent (1.8 times) to that of Canada, the murder rate with handguns is 14.5 times the Canadian rate. The costs of firearms death and injury in the two countries have been compared and estimated to be $495 (US) per resident in the United States compared to $195 per resident in Canada.

Guns per capita in 1997
Canada .25
US .82
thats specifically handguns though, perhaps the figures that tacktik was referring to included rifles. I could imagine that all the kanooks have a whole cabinet of rifles, one for bear, one for moose one for wolf etc lol
mrj

Post by mrj »

Not allowed to speak ill of the dead?

does that mean I can't critiscise drum and bass anymore

ROFL
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
almax

Post by almax »

mrj wrote:Not allowed to speak ill of the dead?

does that mean I can't critiscise drum and bass anymore

ROFL
Well you certainly cant speak of Prog

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL GTFO
tactik

Post by tactik »

Doing It Wrong, indeed.

@breaksRbest;
My mistake. I totally fucked that one up... I think I got confused with Switzerland's and Canada's stats - mountains, snow... etc. :wink:

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for gun control legislation and firearm bans. The sooner the better.

But (I hope) my initial point still stands;
- that in order for so many of the citizens of America to want to, feel the need to or even feel obliged to own a gun is not in itself due to a dearth of gun control laws.
- the laws (or lack thereof) do indeed make it easier for Americans to own, use and I guess, by extrapolation, mis-use their guns...
But...
I purport that there also exist effects within their society (and that sadly have now become cultural issues) that force and condone the brandishing of these weapons. These causes may well be beyond the reach of firearm legislation but are unfortunately now more within the control of their sensationalist media and cultural figure-heads.

We're feeling some of the effects of similar media bollocks here in Australia.
Last edited by tactik on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoundationStepper

I guess now someone can take that gun out of his cold, dead hands…
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

FoundationStepper wrote:I guess now someone can take that gun out of his cold, dead hands…
I was so going to say that but I held my tongue :oops:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Lizkins wrote:
PahMaLa wrote:
Direktor wrote: This is a good point. Agreed.

Actually after posting, I went away, had dinner, thought about this and went, hang on....there are some c*nts that I personally do believe are better off dead than alive....shit, hard to say shit on here because ya knows it's going to be dissected in many ways.

Anyways...

As you were...
deviant

Post by deviant »

FoundationStepper wrote:I guess now someone can take that gun out of his cold, dead hands…
bwahahaha!!

I actually Lol'ed when I read that!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

PahMaLa wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
PahMaLa wrote: Point taken! Don't know it's just the way I have been bought is to not speak ill of anyone who has passed away no matter how fucked up the person is...

Actually after posting, I went away, had dinner, thought about this and went, hang on....there are some c*nts that I personally do believe are better off dead than alive....shit, hard to say shit on here because ya knows it's going to be dissected in many ways.

Anyways...

As you were...
yeah for sure on the dissecting, they need a hobby.

its funny though, in high school i was against capital punishment (did a report on it and all i think), but now i just don't know anymore. There truly are some evil people out there. i dunno...
click here fo fotos
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I'm against capital punishment.

If you believe people don't have the right to take someone else's life, then the rule must apply to all IMO.