Lucid Dreams

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
almax

Lucid Dreams

Post by almax »

Ok so i know there is a dreams thread, but i just looked through it and there isnt much on lucid dreams. I was watching some You tube clips last night about the adventures of this young dude experiencing lucid dreams and telling people how to do it. Look them up, i think his name was Reece, pommy kid with long dark hair.
Anywho he goes on to explain the 5 levels of lucid dreaming whereby at the 5th level, you can visit the Astral Plane and speak with the dead as well as other people who are dreaming. He claims that two of his friends who are married met each other on the plane, discussed a password/keyword there, then when they woke up without saying anything, they wrote down on a piece of paper the word, swapped and it was the exact same word.
Now this could be bullshit, but if its true, thats some damn trippy shit. So im ever so intrigued and want to try this out, anyone else done this before or can shed some light on the topic?
C.I.A.

Re: Lucid Dreams

Post by C.I.A. »

I don't know about visiting 'astral planes', but about two years ago I taught myself to control my dreams. Essentially what I do is if I find myself at the top of a tall object (cliff, building, whatever), I think "I'm going to jump off and fly". Usually at first my mind goes "uh... you are like totally going to die", but then another part of my mind goes "'sif I would think that in real life. This is a dream you moron". Then I can fly and it is the best feeling... I even get that feeling in your stomach when you go on a rollercoaster.

I've doone the same thing and dreamed that I am in the snow and I have runs of incredible fresh powder. There are sometimes some quirks that get thrown into the mix tho, like having smurfs who hold hands as bindings, or (this one happened two nights ago) flying around Beijing in a ballgown.

Lolz. Heaps of fun. Give it a go, Al!
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

fwiw, this group actually does free courses on astral projection...

http://www.gnosis.org.au/public_lectures.html
deviant

Post by deviant »

sounds weird, but I believe this works.... basic (entry level for lack of better expression) lucid dreaming trick, by using triggers. One trigger that works (although sometimes uncomfortable) is to drink around 1 litre of water before bed. Then while you are dreaming you will need to take a piss. That should remind you that it's a dream and that you can start controlling it. There are other triggers, like puting music on that has a distinctive change at somepoint that can trigger it.

I have dreamt in other languages before, even though I'm only a beginner in learning them.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

I often dream that my girlfriend and I talk to each other while we are sleeping next to each other. Kinda like how they are asleep but talking to each other in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Is that weird? haha :lol:
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i can pretty much always control my dreams, its awesome. I can always fly when i want to. i just have to do a few certain things first but then i can just jump and never land. can do alot of other stuff aswell. I dream every night and can remember everything usually if i think/talk about it immediately, otherwise i forget it.

Dan, i have dreamt in mandarin before. i know i have learned the stuff i have said in the dream but if you put me on the spot in real life and asked me i wouldnt be able to say it.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
almax

Post by almax »

oh noes, but what if you drink the water, then actual take the piss in the dream?
I tried the lucid thing last night and managed to realise i was in a dream, but in all the excitement i woke myself up, my heart was racing and i couldnt get back to sleep, so strange, im usually the best sleeper but only got 30 mins max last night.

Cia Re the Astral Plane, apparently there is 5 levels of lucid dreaming (acording to this kid who seemed to know what he was talking about) Im currently at level 2 as i can realise im in a dream, but then i wake up. You being able to control yourself puts you at level 3, the next level is where you can look at other characters in your dream and realise that they are not other entities, they are essentially you, so you begin to control them too (who they are, what they do etc)
Seriously if you can control dreams, look up this kid on you tube and watch his videos and get to the astral plane, then go find Bob Marley and smoke a reefer with him :smt033 and tell him Al said hi
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

hmm interesting. i never really thought about others in the dream being you, i can change who is in my dream, like for example if i dont think a character is suited to something i can change that person to someone else. im not the best at it tho, sometimes it happens straight away other times not so easily.

one step away from super magical dream land where everything is fucking rad!

might look this kid up.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

i'm not wasting my time in sleepy bo-bos doing all of this running around and flying bizzo. sleeping is what i'm there for and sleeping is what gets done.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

huge
old boy

Post by huge »

system wrote:i'm not wasting my time in sleepy bo-bos doing all of this running around and flying bizzo. sleeping is what i'm there for and sleeping is what gets done.
hah yeah. that is the only thing that is slightly annoying. i usually wake up feeling like ive had 5mins sleep. :tard:

another thing i just remembered is i can smell stuff while dreaming. although i think i have a minor form of synesthesia tho as i can smell something and instantly associate it with other things, not just objects but sounds and people etc.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i think i have had this. i start to realise i am in a dream, and also that my facial expressions are actually happening while i am sleeping (am sure that probably looks fricken weird if anyone watched me sleep). my boy also says i talk for ages in my sleep, just muttering away, not sure if this is related to my dreams.

i also remember my dreams often when i wake up cos they are just SO clear, like i was there.

last nights one was my boy's mate was renovating his house but he ran out of money and one of the doorways (which were all arches) was too small and you had to crawl into the room to get through. His mum and dad were there too who i chatted too, but i have never met them before.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

based on what you're saying I reckon I'm at level 3 getting towards level 4....

same sort of thing as huge. I can sometimes control what the other people do and say, but it usually fucks up... funny when it does coz they usually do or say the opposite of what I want, meaning my focus is obviously wrong.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

I can sometimes control other people, but my interactions with people are pretty limited in my dreams. What I tend to do is communicate with animals and control them. So, for example, I had a series of dreams where my best friend was a horse, and I would talk to it and it would talk back to me as my subconcious mind. It would also take me flying (it was, naturally, a flying horse). I've had the same deal with penguins (one high-fived me in a recent dream), dogs, rabbits (I've had to act as a rabbit translator in a court of law) and dragonflies.

Lolz, Al. I'll pass on your regards.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
deviant

Post by deviant »

system wrote:i'm not wasting my time in sleepy bo-bos doing all of this running around and flying bizzo. sleeping is what i'm there for and sleeping is what gets done.
:lol:

for serious?
nic

Post by nic »

:scr1pt:
no hippy shit
mrj

Post by mrj »

I'm a 10th level Vice President. Anyones free to borrow my Astral Pages if they need to look someone up.

If anyone gets to Level 5 let me know, you will need to borrow my +10 sword of dream pwning to get past the milk demons that guard the sheild of Ises.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

^ Gold Mrj

Gold
almax

Post by almax »

LOL, and watch out for that tooth faery guarding level 6, she may look all cute...
mrj

Post by mrj »

CH +4
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

Who else has experienced one facet of this marvelous phenomenon that has been dubbed "CHEESE DREAMS"
I know you won't find it in any text books, nor is its scientifically proven, yet almost every single person i have spoken to about this has experienced the same reaction..which occurs when you eat cheese not long before sleeptime. The result is some terrifyingly lucid and scary dream sequences. In my case i find that these sessions are some of the only times i have full recollection of the dream well into dayligh hours...

I'm also aware that hitting a certain level of THC deprived sobriety brings about lucid dreaming (although this may be a result of the fact that once you are clean of thc out of your system that you can once again dream - something a savage pothead doesn't experience much) and even still this changes from person to person..

Last night was a particularly odd one, as usually i find you have to masticate a decent amount of lactose rich milk by-products to induce said "CHEESE DREAMS" however the following occurred after eating just one slice of cheap and nasty tasty cheese (thanks aldi).

Picture this if you will..

I found myself sitting in front of a decent amount of rock cocaine in a vast mansion. I was aware that this was not my own abode and was probably tucking into some rich bastards play plate, yet the tools and ambition were there, so i tucked into a rock or two, crushed on a copy of Trentemoller's Chronicles CD. (unfortunately this was not the soundtrack to the adventure - though i wish it had of been..music is devoid in my dreams unfortunately..)

Once totally wasted, i then found myself trying to find the cd, only to see i had lost the pile, which was now crushed into the lush velvety shagpile carpet..the freakout began. I reverted to a childlike state, devoid of any real purpose or intent, yet panic stricken that i had lost whatever it was i was looking for. I located the pile underneath my feet and tried to scoop it up and put it with the rest of the pile. At this point my ex g/f has sensed how lost i had become and cowered into the corner of the room obviously as freaked out as i was that perhaps this was her parents stash. I turned around to find i had been dropping the rocks into what i thought was the rest of the pile, only to find the white blots were getting lost amongst the grey..grey? omg..its a fireplace..WTF was i doing? Where the fuck am i? why am i putting cocaine in the fireplace? Doorbell..doors..footsteps..Panic increases..

Awake and dripping in sweat.

What the hell does all that mean you think?

Discuss. - (will save me on psychiatric fees :p )
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

wow sounds like you spent the night the night joyriding my brain at my house.

yanno, like that movie being john malkovich only you were being youthful implants.

apart from the crying when I masturbate bit - being me is awesome.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

HAHAHAHA 'cept instead of being dropped off at the jersey turnpike, ya get dropped onto the tulla.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

almax wrote:then go find Bob Marley and smoke a reefer with him :smt033 and tell him Al said hi
no dreameys if you do that !!
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Very interesting... I've had some rather lucid dreams after eating cheese and last night i had one and nothing too out of the ordinary was happening apart from the fact that there was a soundtrack to my dream which was some old drum n bass tunes and i was actually mixing them in my head thoughout the whole dream. hard to explain really but yeah i was DJing with my mind. Crazy shit! Was a rad dream! :)
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i have a lot of dreams with music in them. sometime i'm listening to a tune that is not a tune in real life. if i can recall the words i will google them when i wake up to make sure huhu. wish i could transfer them to actual IRL tunes. they are pretty cool most of the time.
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

huge wrote:i have a lot of dreams with music in them. sometime i'm listening to a tune that is not a tune in real life. if i can recall the words i will google them when i wake up to make sure huhu. wish i could transfer them to actual IRL tunes. they are pretty cool most of the time.
Yeah i get that alot too. I'm a dope producer in my dreams haha
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

youthful_implants wrote:wow sounds like you spent the night the night joyriding my brain at my house.

yanno, like that movie being john malkovich only you were being youthful implants.

you were in my dream last night. totally freaked me out. You were putting on a photography show at this crazy massive house that had heaps of stairs all over the place and rooms. The place was packed with people. You made some speech that i couldn't hear, but i watched from afar, and then you flicked some switch and all around every massive photo was these crazy lights and decorations that lit up. Everyone cheered and then looked at me, saying good try on your exhibition but Alex has beaten you. Woke up in quite a state wondering what the fuck just happened.
click here fo fotos
thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

huge wrote:i have a lot of dreams with music in them. sometime i'm listening to a tune that is not a tune in real life. if i can recall the words i will google them when i wake up to make sure huhu. wish i could transfer them to actual IRL tunes. they are pretty cool most of the time.
you lucky bastard. I can arrange full compositions in my head and rearrange mixes etc with complete clarity so having the ability to record straight from the top of the dome would be awesome! (just like if i had the musical talent to pull off whats goin on in my head)
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Lizkins wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:wow sounds like you spent the night the night joyriding my brain at my house.

you were in my dream last night. totally freaked me out. You were putting on a photography show at this crazy massive house that had heaps of stairs all over the place and rooms. The place was packed with people. You made some speech that i couldn't hear, but i watched from afar, and then you flicked some switch and all around every massive photo was these crazy lights and decorations that lit up. Everyone cheered and then looked at me, saying good try on your exhibition but Alex has beaten you. Woke up in quite a state wondering what the fuck just happened.
wow wtf. thats weird as!

I like the bit about the house, maybe thats a real house?
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

youthful_implants wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

wow wtf. thats weird as!

I like the bit about the house, maybe thats a real house?

dunno, looked like something out of Harry Potter, was well weird
click here fo fotos