the alma-X-files

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
almax

the alma-X-files

Post by almax »

I seem to start a new thread every now and then about something that grabs my attention and from some of the comments i get posted, you lot must think im what is called a "truther" but whatever, im just someone who likes to investigate possiblities and ideas rather than just accept the staus quo.
"condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" -Albert Einstein

on that note, instead of starting new threads all the time, i give you....the alma-X-files

here i will post articles and ideas, some may very well be hogwash, much will be not proven by the scientific community, but i can guarantee* they will at least be interesting/intriguing

*guarantee not guaranteeed
almax

Re: the alma-X-files

Post by almax »

check out these discovered submerged cities

http://weburbanist.com/2007/09/12/under ... the-world/

the one in the bay of Cambay is particularily interesting
Last edited by almax on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

almax wrote:"condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" -Albert Einstein
i strongly condemn the idea of stabbing myself in the eye with a pair of scissors, but i admit i haven't fully investigated it. am i ignorant?

'quoting out of context is a waste of time' -fooishbar
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I just farted.

Explain that Al.
almax

Post by almax »

:tard:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

almax wrote:check out these discovered submerged cities

http://weburbanist.com/2007/09/12/under ... the-world/

the one in the bay of Cambay is particularily interesting
Interesting... but I would have expected more for your virgin post in your new thread homie.

Earthquakes, rising sea levels and even deliberate man-made lakes explain most of that, although yes, the Bay of Cambay find is particularly interesting.
almax

Post by almax »

huh?
this thread is not for me to solve the worlds mysteries.
It just going to be a collection of interesting/intriguing things.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

It solves them.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Solved for X?
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

almax-imum laters!
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Direkt wrote:I just farted.

Explain that Al.
Me, too.

Explain, Al...

If gravy legs appears, what does that mean. Help?

:puke:

:smt002
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

well im interested in things beyond farts and pure science al!!!

;)
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

fooishbar wrote:
'quoting is a waste of time' -fooishbar
I know what you mean.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

submerged city read is amazing Al.

especially the one about the city that is approx 9000 years old and had been built using tools that allegedly hadn't been invented then.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Australians beware! Stimulus is “Behavioural Economics” kookery
If you think the policy of giving spending money to consumers to “stimulate” an economic recovery doesn’t make sense, you’re right because it doesn’t—it is kookery cooked up by a cultish clique of “behavioural economists” who’ve hijacked White House economic policy, and are pushing behavioural economics as a global policy in coordination with Kevin Rudd, Gordon Brown, and the International Monetary Fund, warned Citizens Electoral Council leader Craig Isherwood today.

Mr Isherwood released this statement, to endorse U.S. Statesman and physical economist Lyndon LaRouche’s urgent call to President Barack Obama to “kick the Behavioural Economics kooks out”, issued during an international webcast on April 11.

As exposed in the April 13 TIME magazine, President Obama is totally surrounded by a collection of these “behaviorists”, including longtime Obama advisors Cass Sunstein, Richard Thaler, Dan Ariely, and Daniel Kahneman, who have cultivated a cult-like following through the publication of such nutty pseudo-economic tracts as Freakonomics, Nudge, Predictably Irrational, The Wisdom of Crowds, and Animal Spirits.

These kooks have been influencing Obama towards continuing the recent disastrous economic policy direction embraced at the G-20 meeting, that is—get people happy again and they will spend and stimulate demand.

Mr Isherwood explained, “So just how nutty are these guys? If you take the case of Australian wheat growers, over the recent 12-18 months, they have lost their single desk marketing protection, and been exposed to the ‘free trade’ of manipulated markets and collapsed prices; fertilizer prices rocketed from $300 to $1,800 per tonne; poor freight infrastructure restricted their markets; fuel prices skyrocketed during planting time; their water supply was restricted either from short-supply, drought or government policy; and for those who did get a return on their crops, it was the same as 20 years ago. To these behavioural economist nuts, the average broke, depressed (and possibly suicidal) farmer’s problem is entirely a personal one—a behavioral problem, which makes it the farmer’s fault, not the fault of the parasites who have looted the physical productive economy blind.”

Mr Isherwood said, “Many people have been looking to Obama for real economic leadership in the world’s greatest financial and monetary system breakdown crisis; instead we are getting the garbage dished out by a bunch of behaviourist kooks who present policies which are couched in pseudo-scientific terms, and presented as New Age self-help and personal empowerment measures.

“This garbage is designed for populations of the world to accept that it is time for a new paradigm, one which will prepare us for the coming collapse of living standards, and of population levels. We already see examples of these policies, which are being presented as positive—stopping global warming, learning to live simpler lives, doing with less as a way of saving the planet.

“Underneath this feel-good pop psychology is pure fascism,” Mr Isherwood continued, “fascism that reduces human beings down to mere animals having to accept their economic servitude (as consumers) to a free-market globalisation oligarchy, instead of being encouraged to be citizens who, through their creative reason, can uniquely make discoveries of principle to apply through science and technology and transform the environment.”

Mr Isherwood concluded, “The purveyors of this behaviourist kookery hope to take advantage of the fact that because our agro-industrial base has shrunk to less than 20 per cent of the total economy, the large percentage of the population who no longer understand physical economic processes will fall for this fascist kookish rubbish.

“Don’t fall for it—fight it, and join the CEC’s fight to make the government implement a real economic recovery program, through infrastructure development, and reindustrialisation.”
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

:deep:
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

DBoy wrote:cultivated a cult-like following through the publication of [...] nutty pseudo-economic tracts
heh
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
almax

Post by almax »

most likely a hoax, but interesting non the less

http://thecrit.com/2009/05/05/200000-ye ... d-on-moon/

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

WASHINGTON, DC - A noted scientist has just produced proof that the lunar surface was inhabited by intelligent life: a 10-inch angel sculpture embedded in a moon rock.

Geologist Dr. Morris Charles revealed last week that NASA lab workers chipped the angel from one of the rocks brought to Earth by Apollo 11 astronauts 40 years ago, in 1969. Dr. Charles was a NASA scientist himself for 23 years but left the agency in 1987. He still maintains close ties to many of his former colleagues.

“The implications of this figurine are absolutely mind-boggling,” Dr. Charles told reporters. “It means that at one time the moon had an atmosphere conducive to life. And what’s more, it was once home to a sophisticated race of people with a highly refined sense of beauty.”

The angel - a humanoid female with wing-like appendages on her back and long flowing hair - is made of an iron compound found exclusively in the highlands of the moon.

This rules out the possibility that it was dropped by a race of aliens from another planet. It’s been hand polished to a silvery metallic sheen. Based on chemical analysis of the metal, geologists estimate the sculpture to be 200,000 years old which means it was made 170,000 years before the human species appeared on Earth.

It’s been examined by art experts who concur with Dr. Charles’ appraisal of the culture that produced it. “Clearly these beings had a sense of religion that parallels our Christianity. Perhaps they had a Jesus of their own, proving that the important spiritual principles are, in a very literal sense, universal,” said a Washington anthropologist.

Others are not so sure of its religious significance. Dr. Miles Fredericks of New York University countered, “This is just more Christian propaganda. The Sumerians told stories of the Annunaki, winged deities, as far back as 18th century BC. Maybe the Sumerians were visited by these moon beings, who merely modeled the statue after their own image.”

While many ponder the significance of the figure, others are curious about why it has remained a secret for so long. “The artifact has been common knowledge among NASA insiders for years,” said Dr. Charles. “But space agency higher-ups have kept the information highly classified, fearing world-wide panic. It was smuggled out to me by persons who must, for obvious reasons, remain anonymous.”

NASA officially denies Dr. Charles’ allegations. The statue was displayed to photographers and newsmen but is now being held for further study at an undisclosed location.

Astronauts of Antiquity - Zecharia Sitchin has already shown in The Twelfth Planet that the statues of gods and goddesses from Sumer present special helmets with protuberances on both sides (the Middle Ages’s illiteracy turned them into”devil horns”), which perfectly look like the pilots’ headphones; the statues were provided with the SHU.GAR.RA - a term that literally means”that which makes you go far into the Universe”.

Another image discovered in North Israel, dating back to the ninth millennium B.C., represents the sculpted head of a god with a helmet and safety glasses. Also a picture of the goddess Ishtar from her temple in Sumer…

All this suggests to us that the attire …was that of an aeronaut or an astronaut”…

Many drawings on the Sumerian plates show the gods with wings, which were not belonging to the body, but they were accessories of the flight suit, therfore the gods looked like eagles…
This drawing on a Sumerian plate suggests that an Anunnaki / Elohim spaceship is connected to the base on Earth.”The central object … it is more mechanical, more manufactured than natural.Its (( wings )) looks almost exactly like the solar panels which American spacecraft are provided to convert the Sun’s energy to electricity. The two antennas cannot be mistaken. The circular craft … is located between Mars (the six - pointed star) and Earth and its Moon”(Z. Sitchin, The Twelfth Planet)…

what exactly do you have to do to be a "noted scientist"?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

wow, if it was true. but i smell bunkum.

and :lol: at the christains and anti christians.

why the fuck does everything have to be attributed to religion?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

almax wrote:most likely a hoax, but interesting non the less
Agreed.

almax wrote: http://thecrit.com/2009/05/05/200000-ye ... d-on-moon/

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

almax wrote: WASHINGTON, DC - A noted scientist has just produced proof that the lunar surface was inhabited by intelligent life: a 10-inch angel sculpture embedded in a moon rock.
your assumptions mr scientist, let me show them to you.
almax wrote:
“The implications of this figurine are absolutely mind-boggling,” Dr. Charles told reporters. “It means that at one time the moon had an atmosphere conducive to life. And what’s more, it was once home to a sophisticated race of people with a highly refined sense of beauty.”
Why do we all assume if there is life out there that it requires the same conditions as us to survive?
Why could there not be a 'form' of 'life' that has a totally different set of requirements to survive?
almax wrote: The angel - a humanoid female with wing-like appendages on her back and long flowing hair - is made of an iron compound found exclusively in the highlands of the moon.
This rules out the possibility that it was dropped by a race of aliens from another planet.
Exclussively to the highlands of the moon, rules out all other planets does it, cause we have been to sooooo many other planets and checked which minerals are present where havn't we.

Show us your science, we are right until proven wrong, mr. moon.

almax wrote: It’s been examined by art experts who concur with Dr. Charles’ appraisal of the culture that produced it. “Clearly these beings had a sense of religion that parallels our Christianity. Perhaps they had a Jesus of their own, proving that the important spiritual principles are, in a very literal sense, universal,” said a Washington anthropologist.

I am just going to stop now cause your a fukwit.

almax wrote:
“But space agency higher-ups have kept the information highly classified, fearing world-wide panic. It was smuggled out to me by persons who must, for obvious reasons, remain anonymous.”
You are going to die.

almax wrote: what exactly do you have to do to be a "noted scientist"?
you, my friend, are a noted scientist.

:bs:
nic

Post by nic »

almax wrote: It’s been examined by art experts who concur with Dr. Charles’ appraisal of the culture that produced it. “Clearly these beings had a sense of religion that parallels our Christianity. Perhaps they had a Jesus of their own, proving that the important spiritual principles are, in a very literal sense, universal,” said a Washington anthropologist.

:tard:

:?:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yes :lol:
almax

Post by almax »

hey dboy, i dont like it how when you quoted me it reads "almax wrote" when i didn't, i just cut and pasted, please change all of them to "article wrote" stat.
I'd like to find out more about where this article came from though, it was emailed to me from a friend. Its just a bit too blatent imo, i knew you guys would love it
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

not to mention that the 'angel' looks like a statue from the two dollar shop.

IF it was made by another race of supreme beings who do not need the same environment to survive on ze moon,
why the FUCK did they make it to replicate exactly our earthly human form?

HUH? HUH?

i want the 'noted' scientists to give me one reason why.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

DBoy wrote:Why do we all assume if there is life out there that it requires the same conditions as us to survive?
Why could there not be a 'form' of 'life' that has a totally different set of requirements to survive?
And there it is.... BANG!

Have thought this for some time also mate. Ignorant and presumptuous to think otherwise.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Is true. Noted angel statue is proof that moon woz inhabited.

Noted scientist Nic told me so.

Nic, you are now a noted scientist. Check yr PMs for PhD.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
nic

Post by nic »

PM received
Science complete, day to end in 3 hrs.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Direkt wrote:
DBoy wrote:Why do we all assume if there is life out there that it requires the same conditions as us to survive?

Have thought this for some time also mate. Ignorant and presumptuous to think otherwise.
Bacteria can live in acid, in ice, in temperatures of 100 degrees celsius and in between the pore-spaces of rock and soil.

My Prokaryotes, eukaryotes, viruses and prions. LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
mrj

Post by mrj »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha oh no hooded angel death aliens dropping moon rocks such beautiful art though those aliens were fucking sick scupltors thankyou for telling us noted scientist oh no a new caledonian trapese artist monkey on a trampoline everyone hide aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
mrj

Post by mrj »

help me raptor jesus, help meeeeeeeeeeeeee
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

C.I.A. wrote:
Direkt wrote:

Bacteria can live in acid, in ice, in temperatures of 100 degrees celsius and in between the pore-spaces of rock and soil.

You just did it. Exactly that. Don't do it. Widen imagination beyond rational and physical for PHd in possibilties.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i think i deserve an honorary Phd in exactly that.

can has pm'd cia?
almax

Post by almax »

C.I.A. wrote:
Direkt wrote:

DBoy wrote:You just did it. Exactly that. Don't do it. Widen imagination beyond rational and physical for PHd in possibilties.
now that would be unreasonable and un-scientific D.

noted

Also direkt, not sure if ignorant is the right term to use here, presumptuous yes, ignorant, maybe not, more like myopic i would say
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

DBoy wrote:
You just did it. Exactly that. Don't do it. Widen imagination beyond rational and physical for PHd in possibilties.
Oh, like how did metcops evolve?
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

ghetto kitty wrote:i think i deserve an honorary Phd in exactly that.

can has pm'd cia?
Done.

Yawn.

Hey Al, what is your take on climate change? Anthropogenic?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

C.I.A. wrote:
DBoy wrote:
Oh, like how did metcops evolve?
:lol:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

looks like the Angel statue they found on The Simpsons

maybe they're planning on opening a massive new shopping mall in Washington & this is their promo
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
almax

Post by almax »

C.I.A. wrote:
Hey Al, what is your take on climate change? Anthropogenic?
Bottom line is i really don't know, there is so much conflicting information that i just try to conserve energy anyway as much as i can.
However, I really dont like the increase of taxes palmed off as saving the planet, utter tripe IMO and that almost alone makes me think its BS.
If it was such a massive threat, why the hell hasn't the governments around the world done something drastic?
Not enough being done by the people in power makes me think they know that its bullshit and just do enough to keep people in panic mode and handing over the extra taxes.
I also read somewhere that we have been experiencing a period of increased solar activity which is thought to be a very valid reason for an increase in the temperature on Earth, what are your thoughts on this Cia?

Anyway, my thoughts are that pollution in any form is still pollution and can't hurt to cut back as much as possible...also that everyone in the world should adopt a one child only policy to cut back the population of the planet, abolish money and the profit first mentality that it creates and also so that the ageing population wont strain the "economy thats fake anyway" (bill hicks)
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

almax wrote:If it was such a massive threat, why the hell hasn't the governments around the world done something drastic?
Because actual reductions require such massive structural changes to our life they are very very unpalatable. there is no easy green utopia to achieve substantial co2 reduction
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

real change only ever occurs when....
almax

Post by almax »

FoundationStepper wrote:
almax wrote:If it was such a massive threat, why the hell hasn't the governments around the world done something drastic?
Because actual reductions require such massive structural changes to our life they are very very unpalatable. there is no easy green utopia to achieve substantial co2 reduction
well then obviously the threat is not that great then!
FoundationStepper

if real reductions were to bankrupt us, there is also a case that do nothing and adapt is a better method.

also, the basic issue is that its about a coordinated decision for multiple countries to slit their wrists at the same time, so they bleed equally and aren't individually disadvantaged. pretty big ask
almax

Post by almax »

DBoy wrote:real change only ever occurs when....
the people lead.

Problem is we are too busy watching TV and eating pre fabricated dinners to notice
almax

Post by almax »

FoundationStepper wrote: if real reductions were to bankrupt us, there is also a case that do nothing and adapt is a better method.
Interesting concept, perhaps we as a species could adapt, its less likely that many others would though. And who cares about being bankrupt, it should be about resource management not money.
FoundationStepper wrote:also, the basic issue is that its about a coordinated decision for multiple countries to slit their wrists at the same time, so they bleed equally and aren't individually disadvantaged. pretty big ask
yeah it is a big ask, but if this issue is that big.... Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

almax wrote:
C.I.A. wrote: Hey Al, what is your take on climate change? Anthropogenic?
Bottom line is i really don't know, there is so much conflicting information that i just try to conserve energy anyway as much as i can.
However, I really dont like the increase of taxes palmed off as saving the planet, utter tripe IMO and that almost alone makes me think its BS.
If it was such a massive threat, why the hell hasn't the governments around the world done something drastic?
Not enough being done by the people in power makes me think they know that its bullshit and just do enough to keep people in panic mode and handing over the extra taxes.
I also read somewhere that we have been experiencing a period of increased solar activity which is thought to be a very valid reason for an increase in the temperature on Earth, what are your thoughts on this Cia?

Anyway, my thoughts are that pollution in any form is still pollution and can't hurt to cut back as much as possible...also that everyone in the world should adopt a one child only policy to cut back the population of the planet, abolish money and the profit first mentality that it creates and also so that the ageing population wont strain the "economy thats fake anyway" (bill hicks)
It is a tricky one. I have looked at both sides of the argument and continue to do so. Check this out for a balanced debate:
http://climatedebatedaily.com/

Organisms have been changing the planet's climate since life began. Plants, for example, increased levels of oxygen as they colonised the planet, expelling it as waste. Similarly, CO2 has fluctuated as global temperatures rose and fell... during the Miocene, CO2 rose to about 800 ppm and during a massive interglacial period (after the evolution of C4 photosynthesis) CO2 fell to 120 ppm.

My opinion (and it is only my opinion!) is that we should be more concerned with the following:

1. Hijacking of this issue by those with agendas, whether it be political, financial or even just through myopic misunderstanding of the mechanics of climate change (notice how meterologists are now all 'climate scientists'?). The damage that this has already done to the concept of independent study is massive. Anyone who is a naysayer and doesn't agree with the current paradigm has their funding cut or is rubbished and described as someone with a hidden agenda. That scares me.

2. CO2 is only one of many gases that act to regulate our planetary temperature. No-one seems to ever consider methane or other gasses that are much more efficient at trapping solar radiation than CO2. You can reduce your 'carbon footprint' more by cutting out a steak once a week than by buying an electric car that will just run on coal-fueled power stations grumble grumble grumble.

3. Habitat fragmentation, safe, fresh water, access to HIV medications and a complete collapse of ocean ecosystems are much more urgent and worthy of the billions of dollars that are currently being pumped into 'reducing carbon footprints'. A company can log old-growth rainforest, spit dioxins into the ocean and by planting a monoculture of Pinus radiata they have 'neutralised' their carbon footprint.

It makes me sick to the stomach to see this all going on.
FoundationStepper

I totally agree with you CIA

would add to point 1 - over reliance on computer models, with the arrogant assumption that we have worked out all the forcing factors, when we clearly don't really understand it comprehensively. and also, the media (hello, ABC!) treatment of those with an alternate view. this area desperately needs debate

it totally shits me how pressing local environmental issues that we can fix are sidelined by feel good action on an issue that wont translate to fundamental change or take up by china, india, and thus wont actually change anthing
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

2007 - Chinese year of the Chicken - Bird Flu Pandemic devastates parts of Asia

2008 - Chinese year of the Horse - Equine Influenza decimates Australian racing

2009 - Chinese year of the Pig - Swine Flu Pandemic kills hundreds around the globe.

oh come on!
almax

Post by almax »

lol
wasn't equine flu 2007 though? seems like it was well over a year ago
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

You should know as well as anyone not to ruin a good conspiracy with the facts.
almax

Post by almax »

DBoy wrote:You should know as well as anyone not to ruin a good conspiracy with the facts.
i have a skeptics dictionary now, lets stick to the facts ok

brushteeth