Another win for Connex!!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mrj

Re: Another win for Connex!!

Post by mrj »

Timing isn't real good for Connex, currently trying to re-win the licence to run Melbourne's trains.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i hate to say it, but you could see it coming.

we get emails every week of train cancellations. its fuckin ridiclous. if any other business behaved this way or produced such poor standards of work they would never get any work and would go out of business.

clearly the driver would be as frustrated as the passengers about train delays

Connex need to fuck off
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lizkins wrote: Connex need to fuck off
word.
deviant

Post by deviant »

imagine his resume.....

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Connex Trains
Position: Driver
Duties: driving trains, schedule adherance, saftey
Acheivements: operated trains for 5 years, kept on time and achieved more than 80% of targets, beat the living shit out of passengers, kept a neat and tidy appearance at work.
mrj

Post by mrj »

How is keeping a neat and tidy appearance an achievement? We gonna hand out gold stars for people who brush their teeth too?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Connex can suck my balls.

2 out of 3 days I'm inconvenienced by these bastards who continue to raise prices every 12 months for a service with standards appearing to be slipping daily.
deviant

Post by deviant »

mrj wrote:How is keeping a neat and tidy appearance an achievement? We gonna hand out gold stars for people who brush their teeth too?
stop picking apart my attempt at humour you fucking cunt
mrj

Post by mrj »

maybe make it funny next time, then i won't have to.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Connex actually win points in my book for this one. He laid that motherfucker out propa! Total street level beatdown! COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS MOTHERBITCHES!!!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mrj wrote:maybe make it funny next time, then i won't have to.

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 ahhh shit that was a good'n J
click here fo fotos
bonsai

Post by bonsai »

best driver melbourne has ever produced. fucking whingers need a beat down every now and then
Upcoming....
DNB Sessions Sundays 10.30pm // KISSFM.com.au // 87.6FM
Total Science - 26th June @ Mercat
tee193

Post by tee193 »

anyone tryed to fight connex in regard to train fines lately? my brother brought a ticket at a manned station and then it didnt work at flinders street, and was fined and they didn't let him off after a formal complaint. i was caught with a 20 dollar note only in my wallet trying to get home, got on the tram one stop to get to acland st bus stop and they still wouldn't let me off after a letter even wheniscanned the ticket purchased.

these guys are getting tougher and tougher you can really tell that they are currently being fucked in the ass by the government as getting out of fines used to be so easy
aroes

Post by aroes »

dude just don't pay them
i realise it's the principal of it and all, but seriously, don't fucking pay them, throw them out
konk

Post by konk »

tee193 wrote:anyone tryed to fight connex in regard to train fines lately? my brother brought a ticket at a manned station and then it didnt work at flinders street, and was fined and they didn't let him off after a formal complaint. i was caught with a 20 dollar note only in my wallet trying to get home, got on the tram one stop to get to acland st bus stop and they still wouldn't let me off after a letter even wheniscanned the ticket purchased.

these guys are getting tougher and tougher you can really tell that they are currently being fucked in the ass by the government as getting out of fines used to be so easy
Don't buy tickets until the prices are fair!
Do as follows:
If you are stopped say your reason for not buying a ticket is political protest and you do not agree with connex's service levels and will not acknowledge their presence. As a tax payer /voter you did not consent to the privatization, So why should you pay the exorbitant prices?
Do not tell them where your going. Or where your coming from. That is private information that should not be disclosed to a private corporation.
Give them ONLY your contact details. Also do not argue with them and be polite as possible even if they do get narcy.

A letter will arrive within the next month. Do not open it.

DO NOT EVER EVER OPEN IT

Write RTS on the letter and post it away. Do that to every letter you see which is from the infringements court, dept of infrastructure or looks suss.. The gov only has 12months to reclaim the "outstanding" amount and because a formal service of the notice has not been issued they can't hold you accountable for it.
NOTE: If you throw your fine in the bin you will go into a state of dishonor. Meaning you will default on the terms. You hafto return the letter unopened within 28days of being issued.

No fines. And 1 step closer to getting rid of connex/fixing up our unreliable system. ALOT of people have been doing this for YEARS without ever paying one fine..

NOTE: I do not condone fair evasion and when in another city i happily pay the fairly priced tickets. This is the process myself and others use to protest against the connex occupation.

Also if you think you are being treated unfarily or fear the metcops will inflict harm upon you(happened to my gf!!). DEMAND their details ASAP. They have a legal obligation to produce identification.

quote from 456AA of the crimes act
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/ ... 456aa.html
Crimes Act 1958 - SECT 456AA

456AA. Requirement to give name and address

(4) A person who is requested by a member under subsection (1) to state his or
her name and address may request the member to state, orally or in writing,
his or her name, rank and place of duty.

(5) A member of the police force who, in response to a request under
subsection (4)-

(a) refuses or fails to comply with the request; or

(b) states a name or rank that is false in a material particular; or

(c) states as his or her place of duty an address other than the name of
the police station which is the member's ordinary place of duty; or

(d) refuses to comply with the request in writing if requested to do so-

is guilty of a summary offence punishable on conviction by a level 11 fine (5
penalty units maximum).
:blob4: :blob3: :blob2: :blob3: :blob4:
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

konk wrote:As a tax payer /voter you did not consent to the privatization, So why should you pay the exorbitant prices?
that's what democracy is: you elect people to make decisions for you. if you don't like the decisions they make, your only recourse is to vote for someone else next time.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

fooishbar wrote:
konk wrote:As a tax payer /voter you did not consent to the privatization, So why should you pay the exorbitant prices?
that's what democracy is: you elect people to make decisions for you. if you don't like the decisions they make, your only recourse is to vote for someone else next time.
:scr1pt:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Konk you may want to check the Transport Act 1983 for regulations relating to fines etc for public transport and what powers they have to hand them out.

also the Law Institute, among other sites, list what they can and cannot do (they don't actually hide it) -

http://www.liv.asn.au/public/legalinfo/ ... /#Heading3

i know its frustrating, but i reckon its better to buy a ticket and write a letter to the Minister or get a petition or something like that started, cos not buying a ticket is just illegal

plus, the Transport Minister Lynne Kosky is under a lot of fire at the moment, and now would be a good idea to take a stand about Connex etc, considering they are up for tender
click here fo fotos
aroes

Post by aroes »

thread's gone way too deep
just don't pay the fucking fine, simple as that
dept. of infrastrucrue will send you fines/intents to issue a warrant for between 1-3 years, then they stop
BUT.....as i pay cash money for everything, i have no idea if this affects your credit rating

edit- pm nic, he'll be able to answer any questions for a small fee
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

if accostered by a gumby just produce your passport and flip that mofo onto page 2:

The Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia, being the representative in Australia of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, requests all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer, an Australian Citizen, to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford him or her every assistance and protection of which he or she may stand in need.

:teef: :teef: :teef:
nic

Post by nic »

fuck em up the arse
bash all drivers
glass all cunts
Mcgrath111

Post by Mcgrath111 »

connex where would we be with out em imagine if we had another train service we might actually be on time or on a train thats not delayed or canceled. :O
lynt

Post by lynt »

Hatsudai wrote:if accostered by a gumby just produce your passport and flip that mofo onto page 2:

The Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia, being the representative in Australia of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, requests all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer, an Australian Citizen, to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford him or her every assistance and protection of which he or she may stand in need.

Man knows.
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

lynt wrote:
Hatsudai wrote:if accostered by a gumby just produce your passport and flip that mofo onto page 2:

Man knows.
ha! try pulling that one at a london airport!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

... which would probably be followed by a fucking good kicking.