Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
sneak

Post by sneak »

cha_chaos wrote:AH I JUST JAMMED MY DADS LAMINATOR!!! idiotidiotidiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know how to FIX A LAMINATOR?!?!?!? ive opened it up but i cant get the metal plates to give. booooo im a n idiot. he's going ot be angry at me and its going to be a terrible night :( :( :( :(
Dunno how to fix a laminator but i can tell you NEVER try to laminate grated cheese. It dont work as well as youd hope.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

^ bahahahahah & grated cheese. :D
...and basically that's the situation
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

elflaymo wrote:Gripe about si\uper exclusive warehouse parties not saying where they are.....uh huh, that means you tehnoir......
I think you needed to PM - check the thread. probably too late now.

make your own private doof.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
Will

Post by Will »

Citizen Smif wrote: Life isnt the same without fred n anika :(
"
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

FUCK!!! Tryin to make a dub track and cant get the sub bass right man..ahhhh..
Makes me wanna stop but gotta kee pushin the buttons!! Been on the same loop for 2 hours, my missus is havin a fuckin heart attack, WOOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOOP!
Anyway thats my fuckin gripe, lifes not that bad :wink:
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

aspekt wrote:trying to work out why on earth i can't past stuff into pico only to discover that i should ignore the normal commands and do apple + v. i appreciate the power of unix text editors but stever jobs gave me a trackpad for a reason.
The BSD executables work on a different software layer to the OS. I think being able to ^U as well as command-V (i.e. using two different clipboards) is awesome.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Will wrote:
Citizen Smif wrote: Life isnt the same without fred n anika :(
"
:scr1pt:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
mecka

Post by mecka »

lounge aint the same without will either methinks
sneak

Post by sneak »

WE MISS YAS TOO!!! :smt022 Hope your keeping our barstools nice and warm!
But its a bit hard to miss lounge TOO much with lineups like this evry weekend!!

FABRIC
Fri 8th Sep 06
9:30pm - 5:00am
£15

Room One:
Cut Chemist (Live)
Scratch Perverts
DJ Format
Joe Ransom

Room Two:
BREAKBEAT KAOS...
DJ Fresh
Adam F
Andy C
Dillinja
Matrix & Futurebound (B2B Set)
TKO
MC's: GQ, Det & Eksman

Room Three:
COOL AND DEADLY...
Roots Manuva + Ricky Ranking (Dancehall set)
Tayo
Rob Smith (Smith & Mighty)
Souljazz Soundsystem

Stuff like this just makes up for the shit weather and the warm beers.(and the packed tubes and the expensive housing and the outrageous beauracracy and the regular stabbings .....)
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

hayfever.
There's no justice, just us.
Will

Post by Will »

mecka wrote:lounge aint the same without will either methinks

There's been many a deserving arse remained unslapped, many a lame tune played without derision, many a rad mix rolled out without vociferous praise, many a mate remained untackled and many a hottie unmolested since I've been gone.

Dark times I'm sure, but I'll be back down in November for a bit and then returning permanently sometime next year, all going to plan.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Will wrote:

There's been many a deserving arse remained unslapped, many a lame tune played without derision, many a rad mix rolled out without vociferous praise, many a mate remained untackled and many a hottie unmolested since I've been gone.

Dark times I'm sure, but I'll be back down in November for a bit and then returning permanently sometime next year, all going to plan.
Thank god you're coming back! My arse hasn't been smacked in a long time and it just doesn't feel right.
Will

Post by Will »

Hardy wrote:
Will wrote:

Thank god you're coming back! My arse hasn't been smacked in a long time and it just doesn't feel right.
And your yielding but firm little peach was always such a pleasure on my hand.
Last edited by Will on Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Will wrote:
Hardy wrote:
Will wrote:

And you're yielding but firm little peache was always such a pleasure on my hand.
Fortunately I have no arse so it will never know the firm, yet gentle presence of Will's paw.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

sneak wrote:WE MISS YAS TOO!!! :smt022 Hope your keeping our barstools nice and warm!
But its a bit hard to miss lounge TOO much with lineups like this evry weekend!!

FABRIC
Fri 8th Sep 06
£15

Room One:
Cut Chemist (Live)
Scratch Perverts
DJ Format
Joe Ransom

Room Two:
BREAKBEAT KAOS...
DJ Fresh
Adam F
Andy C
Dillinja
TKO

Room Three:
COOL AND DEADLY...
Tayo
Souljazz Soundsystem

Stuff like this just makes up for the shit weather and the warm beers.(and the packed tubes and the expensive housing and the outrageous beauracracy and the regular stabbings .....)
:smt006 Kia Ora miss :D
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

sneak wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:AH I JUST JAMMED MY DADS LAMINATOR!!! idiotidiotidiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know how to FIX A LAMINATOR?!?!?!? ive opened it up but i cant get the metal plates to give. booooo im a n idiot. he's going ot be angry at me and its going to be a terrible night :( :( :( :(
Dunno how to fix a laminator but i can tell you NEVER try to laminate grated cheese. It dont work as well as youd hope.
:lol: errr thanks, i'll remember that :P

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
calstro

Post by calstro »

can't shake this fckn cold.
Friday

Post by Friday »

ITM = RUDE! :? :evil:
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

^^ anal huh. :roll:

my gripe and i know i've said it before, is my best friend is going to barcelona for a year on saturday. :cry: i don't know what I'll do without her. :( :smt088
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Viral Infection. MMmmmm great.
lynt

Post by lynt »

arm about to fall off from scrubbing
calstro

Post by calstro »

D wrote:Viral Infection. MMmmmm great.
I hear ya!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Vegetarian Restaurants taking over our city
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Friday

Post by Friday »

:lol:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

sneak wrote: FABRIC
Fri 8th Sep 06
£15

Room One:
Cut Chemist (Live)
Scratch Perverts
DJ Format
Joe Ransom

Room Two:
BREAKBEAT KAOS...
DJ Fresh
Adam F
Andy C
Dillinja
TKO

Room Three:
COOL AND DEADLY...
Tayo
Souljazz Soundsystem
GOTD... not being there ^^^
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

monday
mrj

Post by mrj »

breaksRbest wrote:
Scholtzy wrote:My Ipod is now a nice paperweight!

Acting wierd last week, and it finally shat itself and only shows an apple logo,..doesnt even connect to the pc. yay!

:death:

flick the hold switch back & forth about 6 times then hold down the menu button and the middle button at the same time for about 20 seconds

worked for mine
Just used this trick to save someones I-pod at work.

Someone in our office got one for her birthday, and came running to me because it wasn't working and because apparently I'm the tech savy one of the team (oh dear god).

Peformed this trick of button holding down genius and now I am regard as the office hero, possibly for the rest of the afternoon (in contrast to where before I was regarded as the office loon for all eternity).

Huzzah!!!!!

Oh, I prob need to gripe about something as well........um...............

.......uh................my handwriting is terrible.

yes. that will do nicely.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

:smt023

Gnat-wah passed on that lil pearl of wisdom ;)
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

its been said before > but ill say it again.

transport police can bite me.

they are like the gastapo > a ring of them in their heavy wool coats hassling poor people who have tickets and use them but dont provide alll the nessecary documentation to prove they are worthy citzizens.

they asked me 'where did you get on the train"
i said 'i didnt htink i had to provde you with any more info than my name and adress, so now your gonig to hide in the bushes at my station??"

i couldnt help it.

argh.
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

breaksRbest wrote:Vegetarian Restaurants taking over our city
where? new vego place?
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

ghetto kitty wrote:its been said before > but ill say it again.

transport police can bite me.

they are like the gastapo > a ring of them in their heavy wool coats hassling poor people who have tickets and use them but dont provide alll the nessecary documentation to prove they are worthy citzizens.

they asked me 'where did you get on the train"
i said 'i didnt htink i had to provde you with any more info than my name and adress, so now your gonig to hide in the bushes at my station??"

i couldnt help it.

argh.
I take it you've heard about all this new "defensive" training they're going to get? Just in case they weren't agressive enough...

at least they've been getting advise as how not to act ie a group of 20 of them crowded around a pensioner as anyone with a soul instantly feels sympathy for the underdog.

oh yeah clients' clients suck.
There's no justice, just us.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

aspekt wrote: I take it you've heard about all this new "defensive" training they're going to get? Just in case they weren't agressive enough...
they are cunts.

i wasnt being rude, i was just asking why they have to be so intimidating and why they are asking me information that i dont have to privde.

i was being cheeky, i have no concession card anymore and was touting one that expired a month ago > that said > i was on a weekly ticket that had been validated > after being a scammer for years....im finally abiding the law (almost) and they still want to fuck with me.

meh.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

^^^^ Fuck em man... If there not cops they can fuck em selfs.. One grabbed my wife by the arm when we were gunna get off the train at Northcote..... I dont think so man....It went down a bit, had the dude up against the train and the lady he was with was yellin :your under arrest and shit, thats assulting an officer and all that shit... Ill never let those fuckers come near me, rent a cop drop outs man!! I havnt caught transport for ages man, but i know they would drive me nuts if i seen em......I guess you could always buy a ticket :evil:
mrj

Post by mrj »

Grumble Grumble work people grumble
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
factory worker wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:no no..

they are bat mobiles. like what batman has.
haha I get it a car that goes quick and looks sexy
with guns and armour and shit. and can kinda fly a bit.

yeah sick.
You'll only get fatter driving one of them.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

early morning meetings.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

don't talk to me about the fucking gestapo met cops. :evil:

read the article in sunday's age and it made my blood boil. they want more people to use transport, but as if you would with under these sorts of conditions. i mean tackling someone to the ground over a $3 ticket?! you can't be serious. /rant

here's the article if anyone's interested...
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 51239.html
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

itchy eye -_-

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Friday

Post by Friday »

trouble where ever my brother goes... it seems to follow him :? :(
Friday wrote:it's official... my brother has booked his flight and is flying from sweden to jordan in 4 days and then spending three weeks in amman and petra before heading back across the border into lebanon :?

so so so scared for him. things are still so volatile and could go so wrong at any minute...
so he's currently in amman.

email from his girlfriend this morning about what they did yesterday:
saw the sights of amman. the beautiful roman amphitheater. its in the heart of the city, in the down town area and it doesn't look that big from the bottom but when you climb it its scary huge. it seated ca 6000 people. they sill do productions there now but we missed them as they are in july.
quote from the age this morning about what else happened in amman yesterday
An Australian woman caught up in a shooting in Jordan has told of the horror of watching a friend from her tour group die as a lone gunman opened fire.

Ashlea Blair, 22, of Harcourt, near Castlemaine in central Victoria, was shot through the hip. The bullet passed through a bag Ms Blair was holding over her shoulder.

Ms Blair said her tour group was preparing to leave an ancient Roman amphitheatre in the Jordanian capital, Amman, when the lone gunman began shooting.

"I thought it was firecrackers ... and even when I turned around and saw the guy shooting at us the first thing that went through my head was - it's just a joke," she told ABC Radio.

"I was up the top of the stairs so the people down the bottom got most of it (the gunfire)."

Ms Blair saw an English friend die in the shooting.

"A man came up behind us and started to shoot and all I can remember is one of my friends falling over, then a really nice man from a shop came and told us to hide in his store and we were just hearing the shooting," she said.

"(My friend) was just pale to begin with, then he was just white, with blood all over his chest.".
:?
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Friday wrote:trouble where ever my brother goes... it seems to follow him :? :(
Friday wrote:it's official... my brother has booked his flight and is flying from sweden to jordan in 4 days and then spending three weeks in amman and petra before heading back across the border into lebanon :?

so so so scared for him. things are still so volatile and could go so wrong at any minute...

saw the sights of amman. the beautiful roman amphitheater. its in the heart of the city, in the down town area and it doesn't look that big from the bottom but when you climb it its scary huge. it seated ca 6000 people. they sill do productions there now but we missed them as they are in july.
An Australian woman caught up in a shooting in Jordan has told of the horror of watching a friend from her tour group die as a lone gunman opened fire.

Ashlea Blair, 22, of Harcourt, near Castlemaine in central Victoria, was shot through the hip. The bullet passed through a bag Ms Blair was holding over her shoulder.

Ms Blair said her tour group was preparing to leave an ancient Roman amphitheatre in the Jordanian capital, Amman, when the lone gunman began shooting.

"I thought it was firecrackers ... and even when I turned around and saw the guy shooting at us the first thing that went through my head was - it's just a joke," she told ABC Radio.

"I was up the top of the stairs so the people down the bottom got most of it (the gunfire)."

"A man came up behind us and started to shoot and all I can remember is one of my friends falling over, then a really nice man from a shop came and told us to hide in his store and we were just hearing the shooting," she said.

"(My friend) was just pale to begin with, then he was just white, with blood all over his chest.".
:smt056
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Friday wrote:trouble where ever my brother goes... it seems to follow him :? :(

Im certainly not being funny, but it seems your brother follows trouble not the other way around.
Friday

Post by Friday »

not really... going back to beirut is silly i reckon.

but when he went there initially there hadn't been any serious fighting for nearly 10 years. and it broke out as soon as he got there...

then he flew to london and was at heathrow when all the stuff happened with the liquid explosives and he was delayed there for a day. nothing had happned in the uk for at least a year and nothing at heathrow for many many years.

jordan / amman has also been relatively safe for ages until this too. for westerners anyway.

it just seems to all happen when he get's there :(
Fents

Post by Fents »

Have to reformat my work PC :(
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

^^ That sucks ey!! Must be worse when you have to see shit on the news all the time!!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Awww Friday; So sorry to hear that.

My GOTD seems pathetic in comparison.

Feck it; I'll post it anyway.

1. leaving i-pod in back of cab on way back from funeral

2. going insane with no portable music until next pay, and

3. the culmination of 1 & 2 occured this morning. I ended up on the tram, trapped between some guy who had a cold and was hacking up lung oysters and a chick who was playing Hooked On Classics full-blast on her mp3 player.

sigh.

:goingpostal:
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
lynt

Post by lynt »

C.I.A. wrote::goingpostal:
While you're there, can you grab me a pack of 25c stamps and some envelopes?
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

GOTD: Reaching for the window and bumping my nail into the window sill, I chipped off some paint and it went straight up under my fingernail.

It hurt. Especially as I tried to remove it with only some nail clippers. But it's okay now.

The moral of the story is: Ow, fuck that hurt!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

lynt wrote:
C.I.A. wrote::goingpostal:
While you're there, can you grab me a pack of 25c stamps and some envelopes?
I didn't know you had a kid?
calstro

Post by calstro »

People who keep changing the specs of the gym I'm building. :twisted:
mrj

Post by mrj »

Just when I thought work people couldn't push me any further some just gives me an extra nudge.

I'm starting to think I'm on some fucked up reality TV show where someone gets set-up by their work colleagues and they keep pushing them until they snap.

I'm not gonna go postal though. This mutha fukka is going to be hand delivered :smt062