Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

That's fucked Lizkins.

Just today a chick at work was handing out chocolates. I said thanks but no thanks but she thrust one in my face anyway and said "take it, you look like you need it". I so wanted to say "you'd better give me yours as well then, cause you sure don't" but I didn't. Shoulda woulda coulda, didn't.

GOTD: my walk-kicks are fucked and now the ball of my foot is on FIRE :shock:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

I hear ya Dan! I get that too from a friend, pisses me off, think maybe could by why I barely see that friend now....

So it sucks being fat/curvy.
And it sucks being thin/petite.
:roll:
mecka

Post by mecka »

deviant wrote:the worst is this convo (common)

them - "hey dude, you look really thin, you ok/eating properly?"

me - "I've always been this thin, never really fluctuated much my whole life"

them - "nah, but you look really thin, like thinner than usual, you should look after yourself"

me - "seriously, I know my body, I'm the same as I always was"

them - "fair enough, it's just that I worry about you, and you do look thin"

me - :roll:
:scr1pt:

That and I've always found it impossible to lose or gain weight no matter how much or little I eat. Its strange, I've weighed 70kgs for the last 7 years.
elysium

Post by elysium »

Lizkins wrote:i don't usually gripe about this, but man this time its pissed me off.

Got told off in an email and the person cc'd one of the Partners in my team. I had actually done the right thing and even the Partner was shocked at how rude the email was and even why they sent it. Fuck i am mad! I even told the person that i hadn't stuffed up and she starts claiming i stuffed up on other stuff. Like what? Ummm yeah well i can't think of anything right now. Well fuck off then

i feel better now...
Come to CC baby - I treat you very well like old time!!
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

elysium wrote:
Lizkins wrote:i don't usually gripe about this, but man this time its pissed me off.

Got told off in an email and the person cc'd one of the Partners in my team. I had actually done the right thing and even the Partner was shocked at how rude the email was and even why they sent it. Fuck i am mad! I even told the person that i hadn't stuffed up and she starts claiming i stuffed up on other stuff. Like what? Ummm yeah well i can't think of anything right now. Well fuck off then

i feel better now...
Come to CC baby - I treat you very well like old time!!

for sure sweetness, if it weren't London i would! We need more beach action with cocktails and Daniel Day-Lewis types walking by :wink:

:smt054 mwah love you long time!
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Argh breaking down on the monash!!!!
Had to pick up my boy's new bike last night from pakenham. Was going to meet at home but plans changed and i met him at his work at 5.30. All was going well because we needed to get back to Sth Melb by 7.30 to get to Kt's bday dinner.
Unfortunately just after we had passed the wellington road bridge i heard the bike sputter. Turned out I had /forgotten/ to refill it. I had known it was almost empty this morning but knew it would get me to work and home again. But not to Pakenham. Was so angry at myself. You think "Well, it has to happen sometime" but no. this is the /second/ time I have run out of fuel

So I called RACV, didn't have a membership anymore. Got one made. RACV cars cant stop on Fwy's unless it's a tow truck, and all we needed was fuel so we ended up using the last of the sputtering fuel to ride it up the oncoming "in" ramp (omg the looks i got from those drivers) and get it on to the side walk.

Good news is that even though we spent half an hour on the Fwy, when we got up the RACV guy showed up basically straight away, talk about quick! And he was really nice, unlike the last guy i had dealt with. So my confidence in RACV was restored and my tank was full. We got to Pakenham, finished the paper work and had a great ride back. Sure we were an hour late but everyone had waited and the night turned out great!

ok not too much of a gripe... here's my gripe, why cant i friggen remember to full up the tank!? you'd think that once would have been enough

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

breaksRbest wrote:I went to the Gym 4 nights per week with a personal trainer for 3 of those. I was on a routine of high weights/low reps to build mass (on their instruction). Had a special diet worked out for me, which I stuck to. With each meal (I had to eat every 3 hours) I had a weight gain milk shake.

Stuck to it for 9 months of hard slog. Total weight gain.....2 fucking kilo's.

I was always tired/sore from the gym, was CONSTANTLY eating and spending a fortune on food/gym fees/trainer, had very little social time and fuckin HATED the wankers at the gym
Sounds like you were doing everything right mate.... 9 months is impressive... shame the results didn't add up to the effort extended dude.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

^ got to remember to reset that odometer every time you fill up and keep an eye on the kms.

Only times I ran out on the bike, were 2 times in the service station driveway and once a 5 min walk from the servo. Lucky!
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

mixtress wrote: Just today a chick at work was handing out chocolates. I said thanks but no thanks but she thrust one in my face anyway and said "take it, you look like you need it". I so wanted to say "you'd better give me yours as well then, cause you sure don't" but I didn't. Shoulda woulda coulda,
:lol:

Funny (not really) how it's rude to mention overweight people's weight, but it's apparently okay to do it to skinny people.

Being a thin person myself - I've NEVER appreciated the bullshit negative attention you receive for being thin, especially as a bloke.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

new work responsibilities. meetingzillas every day now.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Polecat wrote:^ got to remember to reset that odometer every time you fill up and keep an eye on the kms.

Only times I ran out on the bike, were 2 times in the service station driveway and once a 5 min walk from the servo. Lucky!
Yeah, to reset my odometer there are all these morse code jiggys with the 2 buttons that are there so i generally dont bother. just have to fill it up at half/3/4 of the way i think... keep on top.

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Direktor wrote:
breaksRbest wrote:I went to the Gym 4 nights per week with a personal trainer for 3 of those. I was on a routine of high weights/low reps to build mass (on their instruction). Had a special diet worked out for me, which I stuck to. With each meal (I had to eat every 3 hours) I had a weight gain milk shake.

I was always tired/sore from the gym, was CONSTANTLY eating and spending a fortune on food/gym fees/trainer, had very little social time and fuckin HATED the wankers at the gym
Sounds like you were doing everything right mate.... 9 months is impressive... shame the results didn't add up to the effort extended dude.
damn glenn... i know that it must suck trying to get muscle on... much harder than fat or getting it off. Do you smoke? Take many drugs? These things make a huge difference in weight, I've seen it change an overweight person into a skinny person. So maybe it can help going the other way.
Last edited by cha_chaos on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

Direktor wrote:
mixtress wrote: Just today a chick at work was handing out chocolates. I said thanks but no thanks but she thrust one in my face anyway and said "take it, you look like you need it". I so wanted to say "you'd better give me yours as well then, cause you sure don't" but I didn't. Shoulda woulda coulda,
:lol:

Funny (not really) how it's rude to mention overweight people's weight, but it's apparently okay to do it to skinny people.

Being a thin person myself - I've NEVER appreciated the bullshit negative attention you receive for being thin, especially as a bloke.
I have had my larger frame commented on quite a few times, usually by other women..... BITCHES :twisted:

I cant help being naturally rounded
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

cha_chaos wrote:
Direktor wrote:

damn direktor... i know that it must suck trying to get muscle on... much harder than fat or getting it off. Do you smoke? Take many drugs? These things make a huge difference in weight, I've seen it change an overweight person into a skinny person. So maybe it can help going the other way.
I don't smoke, no. Don't take the rugs much these days either (only once this year for a mates bucks party).

But yeah, initial post is from BRB - although I'm currently in a similar boat myself.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

oh shit.. yeah... meant brb :oops: so err... brb? same q.

Polecat

Post by Polecat »

cha_chaos wrote:
Polecat wrote:^ got to remember to reset that odometer every time you fill up and keep an eye on the kms.

Yeah, to reset my odometer there are all these morse code jiggys with the 2 buttons that are there so i generally dont bother. just have to fill it up at half/3/4 of the way i think... keep on top.
What kind of bike have you got?
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Polecat wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:

What kind of bike have you got?
A-HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA. A Hyosung
It's not that bad actually... It's good looking, the best looking 250 out there... and I've put a custom exhaust on it so it sounds great...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... =556690007

From your previous post it seems like you ride or have ridden... tell me more?

Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I used to ride indeed! Loved it! 8)

I rode from when I was 21 to 26 and then went OS for a year leaving my GSXR400 and Ducati 450 with my partner. When I came home the Suzuki died from lack of compression. The by then ex-boyfriend had done no maintenance on her for 1 year :( and he'd let the Ducati's rego lapse, and left her in a flooded shed with the cover on so that she went from near immaculate condition to all rusty. :cry:

I recently got back on the horse when my ex-partner upgraded from his 250. I was shit scared about riding again, but found it all came back and I loved it. No 250 now. He sold it after he dumped me, so it will be a while between bikes again for me. My new Arai helmet is back in the box :?

My claim to riding fame is being the 2 time President of the Queensland University Motorcycle Club (UQMC). :P
Fents

Post by Fents »

PC had a GXSR400! do you realise how rare those are?? should of grabbed it off him working or not they are worth a pretty penny!

My list -

Honda z50
Kwaka KX 80
Honda XR 80
Suzuki GSXF 250
Suzuki Across 250
Yamaha RD 350 - this one me and my bro restored from scratch - an old 2 stroke that would blow away and RGV or NSR 250

And finally my last one 5 years ago -

Honda CBR 600 98 model blue and bright yellow.

Rach would kill me if i got a road bike again.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Do you mean the old ones like mine - 1985 model (I think)? I still have the GSXR400 Fents, under my Dad's house. Sell it to you with the manual and some new brake pads thrown in! :P

I also still have the 1974 Ducati 450. I have held onto that because they have always been rare. Last offer someone made on it was insulting though so better to keep her in the family!

Out of you list Fents I like the RD! They're wild things of bikes!
I always like the Across, with its nifty fake take.
I cant imagine you on a CBR600 but I'd like one of those! :D

Melbournebeats bikers unite! :P
Fents

Post by Fents »

yep they the GSXR you have used to go for $6k back in the day, i wanted one so bad.

Damn you and your offers!
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Nice Polecat!!! you should get into it again! Such good fun, my boy and I go on a Mystery Ride every Thursday from Beach Road and have a great time, the people are great to and it's fantastic practice. I've been up to Hotham a couple of times too with a bunch of peeps, was pretty amazing, went pretty hard at it!
That's so sad (and I bet infuriating) about the duc! Such beautiful bikes, maybe one day I will get one of the new /white/ 848's, my mate has a red one and it is so fine!!!

Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Those rides sound fun cha_chaos! It is one thing I miss about the ex. No more rides on his bike, either pillion or on the 250, but stuff him!

Hopefully my brother will restore the Ducati. He has restored by Dad's Lambretta and Suzuki 100cc road bike. He wanted to fix the GSXR Fents, but I talked him out of it. The Ducati runs and is worth more, so it is a better project for the engineer's tinkering :P
lynt

Post by lynt »

Fents wrote:PC had a GXSR400! do you realise how rare those are?? should of grabbed it off him working or not they are worth a pretty penny!

My list -

Honda z50
Kwaka KX 80
Honda XR 80
Suzuki GSXF 250
Suzuki Across 250
Yamaha RD 350 - this one me and my bro restored from scratch - an old 2 stroke that would blow away and RGV or NSR 250

And finally my last one 5 years ago -

Honda CBR 600 98 model blue and bright yellow.

Rach would kill me if i got a road bike again.
Hey, are any of those bikes pink, fents? :teef:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

GOTD: Shrill neighbours who can't keep their voices down. I swear to God I thought she was in my bedroom...turns out she was actually next door. Grrrr I needed to sleep until I woke up naturally you scrag :x
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

was at the shops with Sammy yesterday and I was waiting outside with my dog. Two little kids walk out and approach Junior. I'm thinking they wanna pat him or say hello. The first kid starts yelling at him and the other spits in his face :shock:

I yelled at them and they ran back into the shop, so I followed them in and gave their parents a bit of a serve. As I'm doing this the 2 little shits run out of the shop and start spitting on my dog again. I was fucken furious.

So, for the next 10 minutes I'm having a screaming match with this stupid woman who can't see a problem with spitting on dogs. WTF??

my question is, am I justified in being pissed off? Apparently Sam overheard a few people say "it's just a dog, get over it"

fuck that, I was ropable and it took me all day to calm down after it
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i can imagine your temper Glenny so maybe they thought it was a bit over the top (not sure though aye - wasn't there), but i would be pissed off too. even if you disregard it as an animal that they were doing it too, they were doing it to someone else's property. That in itself would have most people lose it.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Hey Glenny. I think you did the right thing, but maybe the message would have got across better if you held your temper more? Dunno, wasn't there. But in any case, what they did was shocking and very sad. They're only 1 step away from kicking an animal and physically hurting it, if they or their parents could not see such abuse as unwarranted and unnessecary.

I think you did the right thing. Sounds like they were shocking children!
Ani

Post by Ani »

^^ Agreed! Glenn, I'd have been exactly the same, absolutely furious, and I would have done the same thing too. What kind of parents teach their children disrespect like that? Scares the shit out of me that people are raising kids like that, doesn't fill me with much hope for future.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

If the kids reckon that's acceptable behaviour then they probably learned it from their folks, so no amount of either polite logic or an angry temper would have helped you win in this instance. The kids need a good kick in the pants, the parents need a good slap upside the head :?
mecka

Post by mecka »

Spit on the kids. They're just kids.
nic

Post by nic »

:shock:
wot awful kids. spitting on dogs is a horrible weird thing to do.

i think you are completely justified in losing it, like mecka says spit on th kids, a nice big slimy green sinuous string of phlegm in th eye would be appropriate, or go one step better and put your fingers down your throat and vomit on them.

OI YOUSE - RESPECT MY DOG!!! .... wait, burp, burp ...wait....buuuuurrrrpppp....BLLLEEAAARRGGHHHHH..
Phyltr

Post by Phyltr »

mosquitos farken. grr

Not to be mistaken with mojitos farken. yay
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I don't know if I over reacted or not, I think I was just kind of shocked that a little kid would walk up to a strange dog and spit in its face.

(btw - my temper's not that bad)
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
mecka

Post by mecka »

You didnt overreact. Pets are just a significant member of the family as a child.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i would have probably picked up the kid and chuked him face first into nearest oncoming car.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

I'm at work.
Will

Post by Will »

I've been puking up yellow bile and I'm pretty sure there was a bit of blood in it the last time.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

dry crackers and sips of water Will. Hope it passes soon.

GOTD: There are 6 people in my office today, skeleton staff. This morning I placed two Baker's Delight bags on the kitchen counter before going upstairs. Sometime after 10am I went down to eat a snack and one of the bags was gone. I asked everyone in the office, no one is taking responsibility. I even checked the ribbish bin and found the empty bag there.

What am I meant to do? I don't particulary give a shit about the snack but I'm really pissed that someone would lie to my face...especially when there's such a small number of people to blame.

Hate liars :x
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Bastards! Mixie I hope they choked on it!
deviant

Post by deviant »

I know it's only a bread product mixie, but that kinda stuff SHITS me to tears, mainly coz I wanna know who the fuck it is and it does my head in.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

mixtress wrote:dry crackers and sips of water Will. Hope it passes soon.

GOTD: There are 6 people in my office today, skeleton staff. This morning I placed two Baker's Delight bags on the kitchen counter before going upstairs. Sometime after 10am I went down to eat a snack and one of the bags was gone. I asked everyone in the office, no one is taking responsibility. I even checked the ribbish bin and found the empty bag there.

What am I meant to do? I don't particulary give a shit about the snack but I'm really pissed that someone would lie to my face...especially when there's such a small number of people to blame.

Hate liars :x
Shithouse. I dont think it can be escaped, which is shitty thing. Weve actually got a sign on our work fridge that says ' its rude to take other peoples food, dont do it.' ive had yogurt taken before! unbeleivable. I often am at work with no lunch, nor any moeny, and not once has it occured to me to take my pick from the options in the fridge! who the fuck does that, really. :roll:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Thanks guys, needed to know I wasn't being too righteous with my principles. For heaven's sake, we're all adults, I can handle it if someone takes my shit so long as they offer a replacement or are (at the very fucking least) honest about taking it. I feel like I'm in high school :roll:

No update either. I'm suspecting whoever it was will be suffering some guilt, which is all I can hope for at this stage.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Watching my dad cry this afternoon when we found out my grandfather is braindead after a stroke.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

thats pretty rough news. sorry to hear ollie.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

yeah ollie that's no good man. thoughts for you and family.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Sorry to hear that Oli.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Sorry to hear that dude.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

so sorry to hear that Oli-san. Hugs man, that really fuckin bites :(