Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
witty_pseudonym

Re: Gripe thread

Post by witty_pseudonym »

my old boss was a strict vego, and so were his dogs.

they weren't exactly healthy.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

SHIT BLOKE
Don't hate me for house
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

The goode family have a vegan dog, he eats all the animals in the neighbourhood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goode_Family
deviant

Post by deviant »

JAMESSSS wrote:I was thinking about this last night.

So what do hardcore vegetarian "meat is murder" types feed their cats and dogs? Or do they frown on pets?
I would feed them meat.
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

My girlfriend is a vegan, and we feed our cat meat...
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

My friend Lisa is vegan and her doggie eats meat.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Just spent 15 min stomping around the office looking a file that wasnt where it should. Sweating, shitty, basically psychotic, whinging about the filing system in between the word FUCK at the top of my voice, only to find the motherfucking thing, IN MY OWN FILING SYSTEM! :stop: :twisted:

Fuck that sux.

How embarassment. :oops:
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Direkt wrote:A Tagine is a Moroccan cooking implement, as far as I know.

A tagine is what you cook tagine in. It is both the cooking dish and the meal.
My favourite is lamb, prune and almonds.
Second fave is chicken, green olives and preserved lemon.
Must have a crack at cooking one, one of these days.

Couscous is a similar story to tagine. When I lived in France if you ordered "couscous" at my local Algerian restaurant, you got a meal of stewed meat & vege with couscous grains served on the side. You cook couscous in a couscousier, which steams the grains and cooks the stew.

Often people think you eat tagine with couscous, but not so in my experience OS. The tagine was of a different consistency and ingredients to the stew with couscous.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Annoyed not being able to sleep recently. Sux being tired all day.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

having to email people twelvty times for something as simple as a running sheet.

HELP me HELP you guys!

jeebus.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

I have not been sleeping too well. Been waking up maybe twice or three times a night, and I suspect its my body needing nicotine as I always smoke and then go back to sleep.

Not cool.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

work = epic fail
...and basically that's the situation
deviant

Post by deviant »

ghetto kitty wrote:having to email people twelvty times for something as simple as a running sheet.

HELP me HELP you guys!

jeebus.
it's because no one knows why they have to do it, it's really annoying and doesn't help them.

:mrgreen:
deviant

Post by deviant »

dude at work got diagnosed with cancer.... :(

suxX0r5
youthful_implants

GOTD but was yesterday. Spent 4 hours trying to install some hooky software only to realise I only had half of the two DVDs I needed.

Complete waste of my evening.
Strontium Music

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

deviant wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:having to email people twelvty times for something as simple as a running sheet.

HELP me HELP you guys!

jeebus.
it's because no one knows why they have to do it, it's really annoying and doesn't help them.

pretty simple dude. you run a gig, you give the venue the details of said gig.
it takes ten minutes, and assists in miss communication between promoters/venue/acts which can end in grief.
and you should know!

Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Losing my phone on the weekend. Its been picked up and weve been trying to meet up with the guy who has it. :?

He gave is us his mobile number and his girlfriend posted on my facebook that she had it.

Texted him today, he has now said, "its on ebay, bid for it" :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Um dude, WE HAVE ALL YOUR DETAILS!! are you joking? :tool:

Matter now reported to the police. Try get out of that you dickwad. :tard:

Try lost and found for your brain also. :roll:
youthful_implants

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Losing my phone on the weekend. Its been picked up and weve been trying to meet up with the guy who has it. :?

He gave is us his mobile number and his girlfriend posted on my facebook that she had it.

Texted him today, he has now said, "its on ebay, bid for it" :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Um dude, WE HAVE ALL YOUR DETAILS!! are you joking? :tool:

Matter now reported to the police. Try get out of that you dickwad. :tard:

Try lost and found for your brain also. :roll:
WTF.

what a dickhead I hope you get it back!
Strontium Music

apophenian

Post by apophenian »

omg!! How stupid is this guy?
deviant

Post by deviant »

ebay link please
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

I know!!! :shock:

Brb's called him again and he reckons he's joking. :roll: He's reconsidering giving the phone back because he thinks were rude. :angry4:

Pfff, he hasnt seen rude if he reckons that was! I'll give you rude shitlips.

FFS

I dont actually care now if I have to insurance this or not now, its the principal of the whole fucking thing. Im so annoyed some little cunt thinks he can hold something of mine just cos it makes him feel tough or whatever the fuck.

angry9:
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

deviant wrote:ebay link please
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

So cops have called me back now. this is great, the cop is totally on my side and said he was a turd. :lol:

If he doesnt drop it in to the cop shop in 24 hours there going to trace his phone and charge him.

He reckoned he was joking about the ebay thing..... its totally disabled anyway, so cant do anything with it cept hold your papers down. Even if he did list it, I dont know how id know it was him.

Loser.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainmen ... im-blunder

Kyle Sandilands needs to die, i know that sounds harsh, but the fuck stick is a fuckin cunt. so angry when i read this, i actually went red in the face
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Agree.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

second
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
witty_pseudonym

whilst i think Kyle's a fuckwit, i don't think enough has been said about the mother's role in this whole thing. she knew her daughter had been raped yet asked on radio if she'd had sex, then reframed the question to try and cover her own arse. fucking abhorrent. i think the whole thing is pretty foul, but squarely pointing the finger at the hosts is merely a scapegoat for a much more fucked situation. that poor girl. how horrific for her.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i agree, i have wondered about the mother in all this as well, especially as the daughter was clearly saying to her mum "stop smiling...". Plus the mum was the one who dragged her on to the show in the first place to see if her daughter was taking drugs.

however, Sandilands is a fucktard and anyone with a sense of social behaviour or human rights would have cut the show right after she said she was raped
click here fo fotos
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Stupid idiots - the lot of them.

The Mother & The Hosts & The Radio Station
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

As much as I don't like Sandilands he is hardly the one responsible for this.
There was a guardian (mother) who knew about the rape adn dragged her child to the station.
There would of been a radio producer who set it up.
And there was a co-host.
Oh I forgot the media storm.
witty_pseudonym

but they did cut the show about a minute after she said it. the couldn't exactly just throw to a commercial or something, that would have seemed even more insensitive imo. sandilands clearly said the wrong thing by referring to it as an 'experience', and whole setup was pretty crude from the start, but i think given the surprise of the whole thing, they did what they could, well jackie o did, to try and diffuse a pretty awful situation. it is obvious that they shouldn't have had the segment in the first place (what kind of parent would do that to their child?), but what would you have done differently? it's live radio after all.

i think the fact that a 14 y.o. said she was scared even before anything was asked should have raised alarm bells and for that the hosts and the station ought to be held to a lot of account, but they clearly didn't know all the facts so the onus isn't entirely on them i don't think. that sort of information should absolutely have been divulged off-air prior to the segment, so it's the mother who i think ought to be put in the spotlight over this one.

/rant
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

witty_pseudonym wrote:whilst i think Kyle's a fuckwit, i don't think enough has been said about the mother's role in this whole thing. she knew her daughter had been raped yet asked on radio if she'd had sex, then reframed the question to try and cover her own arse. fucking abhorrent. i think the whole thing is pretty foul, but squarely pointing the finger at the hosts is merely a scapegoat for a much more fucked situation. that poor girl. how horrific for her.
worst mum ever, seriously.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Amick

Post by Amick »

GOTD: still sick since last sunday. FARK!!!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Been on the phone to my bank for nearly 40 minutes.
First I couldn't speak to supervisor.
I persisted.
Got to speak to a senior rep.
Still couldn't help.
Persisted some more and now being put through to some one.
But this hold music is killing me...
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

when i get up in the morning lately, its sunny. Like no clouds, birds tweeting, no mist and no dew.
its fucking trumpeting, 'LALALALALALAL WINTER ISNT REALLY HERE, ITS GONNA BE 25 TODAY"

then i get dressed and into the city, and its fucking grey, and now its pouring, and yes im wearing a light jacket, no hoodie, and sandals, no socks.

am i too optimistic?
or is melbourne just being its usual cunty self?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:but they did cut the show about a minute after she said it. the couldn't exactly just throw to a commercial or something, that would have seemed even more insensitive imo. sandilands clearly said the wrong thing by referring to it as an 'experience', and whole setup was pretty crude from the start, but i think given the surprise of the whole thing, they did what they could, well jackie o did, to try and diffuse a pretty awful situation. it is obvious that they shouldn't have had the segment in the first place (what kind of parent would do that to their child?), but what would you have done differently? it's live radio after all.

i think the fact that a 14 y.o. said she was scared even before anything was asked should have raised alarm bells and for that the hosts and the station ought to be held to a lot of account, but they clearly didn't know all the facts so the onus isn't entirely on them i don't think. that sort of information should absolutely have been divulged off-air prior to the segment, so it's the mother who i think ought to be put in the spotlight over this one.

/rant

agree totally, the station and the mum should have known better, but Sandilands made the comment, fuckin harsh nail in the fuckin coffin

and what would i have done.....i would have apologised to the girl and gone to a break. however, i may not have known what to do if in the actual position because i am not an experienced interviewer or radio presenter/dj who would and should know what to do in such a situation
click here fo fotos
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:when i get up in the morning lately, its sunny. Like no clouds, birds tweeting, no mist and no dew.
its fucking trumpeting, 'LALALALALALAL WINTER ISNT REALLY HERE, ITS GONNA BE 25 TODAY"

then i get dressed and into the city, and its fucking grey, and now its pouring, and yes im wearing a light jacket, no hoodie, and sandals, no socks.

am i too optimistic?
or is melbourne just being its usual cunty self?

too optimistic GK, Melbourne is notorious for looking nice and being fricken freezing. It also can look terrible outside but be mild or even warm. Ahhh Melbourne, love it
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah but i walk the dog at 8am and it IS warm, im not just looking outside!
and one would think that if its warm at 8, its gonna get warmer.

no?
youthful_implants

KITTY IN WARDROBE FAIL.
Strontium Music

andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Just recieved this from Australian Dog Training

Very pissed off since we paid $600 for our life membership so we could go to dog training whenever and how often we wanted . We only started a few months ago! Been about 10 times.

Dear Member,

Over the past two years the recession has hit many companies, especially those non essential services. For those who may not be aware the pet industry is one area which has been significantly affected. Due to the current economic climate, families have chosen one aspect of their lives to save a few pennies, and ultimately in many cases it is their pets.
After 24 years in business it is with great sadness that Australian Dog Training have regrettably been forced to cease trading and close the business, effective immediately.
Every endeavour has been made to try to keep the business open for the benefit of our staff and members, however this has been in vain. Not only has this unfortunately affected our members, but also our staff who will lose their employment.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, however under the circumstances we have found ourselves with no alternative.

The entire business will be closing immediately as we cannot fund the payment of our instructors, rental and other costs with running the centre, for even one more week. As stated, the reason for our closure is the financial collapse of our organisation and as such we are not in a position to offer any refunds or financial reimbursements, etc.

In addition to our centres closing, our office will also no longer be operational. Unfortunately we will be unable to field any enquiries whatsoever. As such and regrettably, this will be the final communication from our organisation.
We would like to take this final opportunity to thank our valued clients for their loyalty and support over the years. We wish you and your dogs all the best in the future.

Good luck
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
youthful_implants

andy_hoffman wrote:Just recieved this from Australian Dog Training

Very pissed off since we paid $600 for our life membership so we could go to dog training whenever and how often we wanted . We only started a few months ago! Been about 10 times.

Dear Member,

Over the past two years the recession has hit many companies, especially those non essential services. For those who may not be aware the pet industry is one area which has been significantly affected. Due to the current economic climate, families have chosen one aspect of their lives to save a few pennies, and ultimately in many cases it is their pets.
After 24 years in business it is with great sadness that Australian Dog Training have regrettably been forced to cease trading and close the business, effective immediately.
Every endeavour has been made to try to keep the business open for the benefit of our staff and members, however this has been in vain. Not only has this unfortunately affected our members, but also our staff who will lose their employment.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, however under the circumstances we have found ourselves with no alternative.

The entire business will be closing immediately as we cannot fund the payment of our instructors, rental and other costs with running the centre, for even one more week. As stated, the reason for our closure is the financial collapse of our organisation and as such we are not in a position to offer any refunds or financial reimbursements, etc.

In addition to our centres closing, our office will also no longer be operational. Unfortunately we will be unable to field any enquiries whatsoever. As such and regrettably, this will be the final communication from our organisation.
We would like to take this final opportunity to thank our valued clients for their loyalty and support over the years. We wish you and your dogs all the best in the future.

Good luck
Shit Andy that sucks! :(
Strontium Music

andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

youthful_implants wrote: Shit Andy that sucks! :(
Glad we haven't got our new puppy yet and paid for another membership!

Dodgy jerks!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
youthful_implants

andy_hoffman wrote:

Dodgy jerks!
I know, what a bunch of scammers.
Strontium Music

Amick

Post by Amick »

youthful_implants wrote:
andy_hoffman wrote:

Dodgy jerks!
Cut and run sounds like.

Send all queries to [email protected]
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

youthful_implants wrote:
andy_hoffman wrote:

Dodgy jerks!
er they've been in business 24 years ... you can't be serious thinking they're taking the money and running. unless you're not serious!

not to say it doesn't suck andy - can imagine it would be frustrating. good luck finding another provider to help with the doggie.
deviant

Post by deviant »

surely you could take legal steps to get a life membership back after only a few months.... I wouldn't really know though
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

deviant wrote:surely you could take legal steps to get a life membership back after only a few months.... I wouldn't really know though
This is what I love and hate about MB.com - unqualified opinions.
I think sometimes I'm dumber for reading some posts. Thanks Dan.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I am definitely more irritated by reading yours.
witty_pseudonym

fight! fight! fight!

oh wait. :teef: