the official console and PC nerdy thread!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

ehhh just download it for computer..

who did u order the x-box copy from lynt?
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

dont think its coming on PC yet pete.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

huge wrote:dont think its coming on PC yet pete.
ass will order from nz then, fuck having censord shit, i am a big boy now.. :lol:
lynt

Post by lynt »

sAme'0 wrote:ehhh just download it for computer..

I've ordered all my R18+ titles from GP Store (they have an Australian arm now). All orders have been delivered quickly and have had no hassles with customs.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

lynt wrote:

I've ordered all my R18+ titles from GP Store (they have an Australian arm now). All orders have been delivered quickly and have had no hassles with customs.
awesome, never been so excited about a game gonna be sickness..

was all about haking the old one so u could bowl the chicks, made me laugh cuz u still had clothes on.
lynt

Post by lynt »

sAme'0 wrote:
lynt wrote:

was all about haking the old one so u could bowl the chicks, made me laugh cuz u still had clothes on.
That's not so crazy... :oops:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

lynt wrote:
sAme'0 wrote:
lynt wrote: I've ordered all my R18+ titles from GP Store (they have an Australian arm now). All orders have been delivered quickly and have had no hassles with customs.

That's not so crazy... :oops:

was funny then my brothers were playin it and my mum walked in...

i got an earfull to say the least
mrj

Post by mrj »

He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Stray

Post by Stray »

GTA IV Multiplayer Hands On

Sounds awesome.. can't wait!
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

damn work cant see it's
Stray

Post by Stray »

Deathmatch
My first experience with GTA 4 multiplayer was deathmatch and team deathmatch.

Instead of winning with kill counts, both of these modes look at your cash total to see who won the match. Cash is earned by killing members of the other team and you can get extra cash by darting out to collect the money they drop when they die.

The controls were solid, as I've mentioned before, but what made this deathmatch feel so different was that it felt like it was taking place in a living, breathing world. People were walking around, there were cars to be stolen. You can actually load up a car with your entire team and try to drive-by the other team mates. You could even, if you felt like it, take off to parts unknown, areas on the map nowhere near where the action was taking place.

Deathmatch was fun, and the added twist of an open world and a huge map, definitely upped the value, but it was still deathmatch.

Cops N Crooks
The next mode we played was Cops N Crooks, a variation on your typical deathmatch mode where you have to find and take out the bad guys.

The team playing as cops can see the crooks on their radar, but the the crooks can only see the escape point on the map and don't know where the cops are until it's almost too late. The mode has two derivations: In All for One you need to kill the boss, played by one of the crooks. In One for All everyone has just one life and once the crooks are dead the cops win.

There were some really nice touches to the game that made this stand out from some of the other modes I've played in shooters. For instance as the bad guys, you can give each other waypoints on the live map, allowing one player to drive and another to navigate.

We also played matches were the bad guys split up into two groups, doubling the chance for the boss to get away because we weren't sure which group he was with.

Lots of fun, plenty of potential, especially when you factor in that this all still takes place in GTA's open world.

GTA Race
This was the mode I least wanted to play, but came in as one of my favorites to mess around with. Imagine Mario Kart in a real world, with real cars. Now add machine guns, pistols, rocket launchers, Molotov cocktails, in fact every weapons in GTA. Now, let people get out of their cars and do whatever they want to win, or prevent other people from winning. Wow, just wow.

This mode lets the host choose vehicle types before a race, the race course, time limit and number of laps. Sure the game has checkpoints, and you need to hit them, or most of them, to complete a lap, but being the fastest doesn't get close to guaranteeing a win.

In our introduction to the mode, myself and Newsweek's N'gai Croal were burning around the course, which I believe took place near GTA's Central Park, when we came to a stone archway we absolutely had to go through to complete the lap. Problem was, there were cars, lots of cars blocking our way. By the time I had assessed the situation, one of the other players ran up to me and killed me at the wheel.

The race quickly devolved into a deathmatch until we realized that Croal had nosed his car through the wreckage and was burning through the laps. In another race, this one taking place at an airport complete with moving planes, I didn't bother trying to speed through the course and instead clamored on top of an airport gangway with a rocket launcher and just waited. When people came by I blew up their cars. Meanwhile Rockstar's Jeronimo Barrera was taking great pleasure trying to mow down Croal in what looked like a golf cart.

From what I played of it, GTA Race could easily be a standalone game, something that would occupy a gamer's attention for months.

Hangman's NOOSE
The final mode we played was probably the most impressive. Hangman's NOOSE is Rockstar's answer to a story-driven campaign mode. Instead of allowing players to complete chunks of the single player campaign with a friend, the developers decided to create side missions, featuring ancillary characters, that can be played as a group with a total of four people.

Rockstar declined to say how many of these co-op missions the game will ship with, but I'd think it would come with more than the one and I'd bet that the 360 DLC will be all about this mode.

The mission we played was Hangman's NOOSE. In it you're asked to rescue a crime boss from an army of police who are picking him up on the runway of the airport. The missions started out on the runway and as we shot it out with cops, two more armored SWAT trucks drove up, unloading more and more cops.

The first play through was pretty succinct, we grabbed the armored truck, got the boss in it and tore across the city to our extraction point while the city's entire police force mobilized to stop us.

The second play through didn't go nearly as well.

A Rockstar developer took the wheel of the armored car again, and another rode shotgun. Croal hopped into the back to shoot at pursuing cops. I opted to swipe a helicopter that was on the runway and followed the wagon as it entered the interstate, trying to gun down the stream of cop cars in pursuit.

Then it happened: Croal was shot. The hit didn't kill him, but it did knock him from the truck which continued to speed toward the drop off point. Soon Croal was surrounded by cops on the middle of an interstate. I turned my chopper around and told Croal I was coming for him. Landing the copter in a nearby clearing, I got out to try and find Croal, but he had snatched a car and was already out of the police infested area.

I ran back to my copter only to find its rotors had been snapped off during my crap landing next to a copse of trees. The whole thing ended with me being gunned down by a phalanx of cops as I ran down the interstate toward the distant extraction point, and the whole team losing.

The missions was actually very straight forward, lacking almost completely in narrative and pretty short, but that works in GTA IV. It works because the game, especially in the multiplayer modes, seems to be providing you a way to create your own experiences.

I could replay Hangman's NOOSE a dozen times and not get tired of it, mostly because each time through created a different experience. It's so open ended that they story you play, as with single player, often seems like your own.

I've certainly not played enough of Grand Theft Auto IV to being able to say whether the game will live up to mounting expectations, but I can certainly say that Rockstar hasn't been caught resting. This game, and it's unusual and varied take on multiplayer gaming isn't packed with obvious innovations, but it still manages to innovate where it counts most: In storytelling.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

sick
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

so i wrote an assignment on Windows '07 (PC version) on my laptop at home. i've come into email it off from the mac at work and it has scrambled the fuck out of it. i have NO idea how to fix it, and i'm in meltdown mode as it's due in a couple of hours.

please please please save me nerdy people. :cry:
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

jump on a pc? can you ??

if not... email it to me and i can save it with more compatibility (probably) :P
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

if you don't need to edit it, send it to:

https://www.pdfonline.com/convert_pdf.asp

it will convert it to PDF, and email it to you so you can print / submit.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

the IT man saved me.

god bless his nerdy soul. :D
mrj

Post by mrj »

i was playing elder scrolls IV last night. for 3 hours.

I can feel my nerdyness increasing.

I might wake up to find a 100 sided die in my room. and a picture of gary gygax on me wall.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

mrj wrote:i was playing elder scrolls IV last night. for 3 hours.

I might wake up to find a 100 sided die in my room. and a picture of gary gygax on me wall.
Are you also a cat?
Don't hate me for house
lynt

Post by lynt »

mecka

Post by mecka »

sweet
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

lynt wrote:It's back.
Walcom back honey... now for oink.
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
mrj

Post by mrj »

jbs wrote:

Are you also a cat?
lol. nope.

but I do have blue hair.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

mrj wrote:
jbs wrote:

Are you also a cat?
lol. nope.

but I do have blue hair.
My Cat thief is now also a Grey Fox.

Go figure.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
mecka

Post by mecka »

rofl. I leveled my character to lvl 23 last night, finished the Arena quest line, started picking up Daedric weapons and picked up the Amulet of Swords that pushed my Blade skill to 125 from 100.

i is well nerdy.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

ID GET IN SO MUCH TROUBLE IF I STARTED PLAYING OBLIVION AGAIN.

oops caps. :loudhoward:
mecka

Post by mecka »

ROFL
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Hrmmm.

I'm only level 12.

Needs more hours spent nerdifying myself.

I do have some blingin' armour for my Cat Thief, tho.

Even Josh was well impressed. He was all "Cool helmet. Great sword. Wow! You look great!".

He gave my Cat Thief so much shit when I first started.

:FLAYVIN:
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
mecka

Post by mecka »

i have had a week off and i've been playing oblivion pretty much constantly for 5 out of the 11 days i had.

this is on top of the 90+ hours i played the game when it first came out.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

mecka wrote:i have had a week off and i've been playing oblivion pretty much constantly for 5 out of the 11 days i had.

this is on top of the 90+ hours i played the game when it first came out.
Ahhh. I have much to learn from you. Expansion pack?

Shivering isles?

Knights of the Nine??

I'm loving the kingdom of madness. Just killed all of the split-personalities. Good times. Good times.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

saintberry wrote:
it's been back in waffles form for ages. ;)
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
mrj

Post by mrj »

C.I.A. wrote:Hrmmm.

I'm only level 12.

Needs more hours spent nerdifying myself.

I do have some blingin' armour for my Cat Thief, tho.

Even Josh was well impressed. He was all "Cool helmet. Great sword. Wow! You look great!".

He gave my Cat Thief so much shit when I first started.

:FLAYVIN:
thats because your character looked ghey.

now that you have managed to cover every part of it with metal its officially not ghey.

CH +2
mecka

Post by mecka »

system wrote:
saintberry wrote:
need invites.
spiral

Post by spiral »

mecka wrote:
system wrote:
saintberry wrote:Walcom back honey... now for oink.
need invites.
thank god for keychain
what.cd v waffles ???
L-J

Post by L-J »

any of u fellow geeks members of http://www.demonoid.com? im restricted to 3dloads a week :(
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

ok, I need some help with Torrents. I am a newbie!
I am using Utorrents and noticing it is slowing down my web browsing sufficiently so that it pisses me off and I turn it off while I surf.

I notice I have it set to unlimited for both the download and upload limits. What would be a good setting so I can surf & use it?

Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

my ratio on demonoid is almost as good as audionews.ru. 4.32 rofl.
L-J

Post by L-J »

just been playing Assasins Creed...not too bad. Only gotten about 20 mins through but so far so good...

looks the part on Pc too
Stray

Post by Stray »

L-J wrote:just been playing Assasins Creed...not too bad. Only gotten about 20 mins through but so far so good...

looks the part on Pc too
The repetition will set in soon
mecka

Post by mecka »

stab stab run blend oh look he might be sitting on a bench lets give up.

its a beautifully designed game and the minigames would be great IF they were part of a larger picture.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

downloading now to try it out.
Stray

Post by Stray »

New Zealand version of GTA IV also cut

Time to cancel those pre-orders.
It was recently revealed that GTA IV will be censored for it's Australian release in order to comply with the OFLC rating system. As a result many Australian consumers placed pre-orders with New Zealand retailers, hoping to get an un-censored version of the game.

However this morning Gameplanet.co.nz sent out the following email confirming that the New Zealand release will also be edited;

Quote:
Hi xxxx,

We have been informed today that New Zealand will be receiving the same version of Grand Theft Auto IV as Australia.

As you have placed your order after Rockstar announced that the Australian version was edited, we are assuming that you will no longer require the game to be shipped from us, as we can't supply you with an uncut version.

The last thing we want to do is supply you with a product that does not meet your needs and we've therefore taken the liberty of removing your GTA4 order from our web site.

We certainly hope we can be more helpful to you in the future! icon_smile.gif

Kind Regards,

xxxx

Customer Service
Gameplanet Store

Australians will now have to import from Europe if they want to obtain an uncensored PAL version of GTA IV. Rockstar are yet to comment on what has been removed from the local PAL release, leaving many gamers quite frustrated.
mizuhodai

Post by mizuhodai »

www.play-asia.com is a good site for games.
"Are we there yet"?
"Soon enough!"
"That's not soon enough"
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

asss, ohh well mates have ps3's and they dont have area thingo on em..

guess i will still be able to see it..

fucken censorship so dumb..
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

so stupid.

im looking at you south australian guy
Stray

Post by Stray »

GTA IV gets a perfect 10 from OXM

The latest issue of the UK's Official Xbox Magazine has reached subscribers today and it includes the world's first review of Grand Theft Auto IV. The impression given by the magazine is overwhelmingly positive, with a perfect 10/10 score.

New information disclosed in this article:

* Skipping a trip in a taxi costs more than simply sitting back and enjoying the view of the driver's head.
* The Statue of Happiness is clutching a coffee cup rather than the torch her real life counterpart has.
* Some celebrity voice actors play themselves in the game.
* Like Crackdown's Orbs, the collectable (hidden packages?) in GTA IV make a soft sound as you get close to them, aiding you in finding them all.
* Your in-game email account will get the odd piece of spam.
* Driving through flames will set a car's tires on fire, causing them to burst after a while.
* One mission involves traveling across town with two bodies in the trunk - if you hit a bump and it opens, you'll have to scramble to close it again before any passers-by notice.
* The mobile phone you receive at the start of the game is an old, second hand model capable only of calling and texting. You'll need to wait for an upgrade later in the story to unlock the full functionality that people get from more modern models.
* Downloadable episodes are confirmed to contain at least 10 hours of gameplay.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Stray wrote:New Zealand version of GTA IV also cut

Time to cancel those pre-orders.
It was recently revealed that GTA IV will be censored for it's Australian release in order to comply with the OFLC rating system. As a result many Australian consumers placed pre-orders with New Zealand retailers, hoping to get an un-censored version of the game.

However this morning Gameplanet.co.nz sent out the following email confirming that the New Zealand release will also be edited;

Quote:
Hi xxxx,

We have been informed today that New Zealand will be receiving the same version of Grand Theft Auto IV as Australia.

As you have placed your order after Rockstar announced that the Australian version was edited, we are assuming that you will no longer require the game to be shipped from us, as we can't supply you with an uncut version.

The last thing we want to do is supply you with a product that does not meet your needs and we've therefore taken the liberty of removing your GTA4 order from our web site.

We certainly hope we can be more helpful to you in the future! icon_smile.gif

Kind Regards,

xxxx

Customer Service
Gameplanet Store

Australians will now have to import from Europe if they want to obtain an uncensored PAL version of GTA IV. Rockstar are yet to comment on what has been removed from the local PAL release, leaving many gamers quite frustrated.

Europe it is, then!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Stray wrote: we've therefore taken the liberty of removing your GTA4 order from our web site.
that's pretty good of them
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
lynt

Post by lynt »

These guys ship to Australia

And UK PAL games work on AUS/NZ PAL systems. Woop.

AUS$50 on eBay
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

the intertubes save the gta, woop woop!
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
L-J

Post by L-J »

played assasins creed again last night...getting quite bored of it now...was great fun doing a couple of leaps off buildings..But when u have to do it 12 times.

BORING!!!