Home Internet

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Re: Home Internet

Post by Lizkins »

L-J wrote:
Lizkins wrote:does it have a phone line? isn't that all you need or am i a mental?
I am probably thinking because of the phone line it could be the service would be stupidly slow. I.E pair gain that it would be the reason they can't do it. But in all fairness I don't have a clue why and I am pretty sure if I called Telstra or Optus I would get a half arsed answer.

that sounds pretty whack. my phone line is terrible, i get static on the phone all the time. but the internets works fine.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

ok, so i'm in the market too. want pre paid as i don't know how long i'll be sticking around for and don't want to fork out loads for hardware. don't play games and download only occasionally.

optarse have a deal out for $99. you get wifi modem thingy and 12gig worth of data that expires within 6 months. is that a good deal? it ticks a few boxes, but not sure if the price is a rip or not.

churr.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

probably not too bad a deal tbh. unlikely that you'll use 12 gig just emailing and internetting. just watch out for the extra fees if any.

hang on, is that 12gig for 6 months?! link to thing?
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
witty_pseudonym

I can't find anything on their website, but it only came out a week ago or sommat.

Basically you get a little wifi modem thing with 8g already on it, then another vouchers to recharge with 4g when that expires. And yup - both are valid for 6 months before you need to recharge I think.

Got the impression it was just $99 all up and no extras, but I didn't ask.

Maybe I'll get it. would be good to be able to link mobile to it.

Fanx Huge! :smt003
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

im thinking you will most deffo go thru 12gig in far less than 6 months tho huhuhu
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
witty_pseudonym

probs, but i reckon it'd take me a few.
unless my dropbox gets frequently filled with awesome musics. :P

i hate these kind of decisions. total n00b.
quick

Post by quick »

i think its a great deal... mobile broadband here in UK is on avg 15 pound for 3 gig plus 15 for dongle... thats 75 pound for 12gig and dongle, which is like $115... when u look at home internet, its a lot cheaper here... so that mobile broadband offer being better than here is a great sign.
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:i think its a great deal... mobile broadband here in UK is on avg 15 pound for 3 gig plus 15 for dongle... thats 75 pound for 12gig and dongle, which is like $115... when u look at home internet, its a lot cheaper here... so that mobile broadband offer being better than here is a great sign.
STOP SAYING DONGLE!
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

quick wrote:i think its a great deal... mobile broadband here in UK is on avg 15 pound for 3 gig plus 15 for wangle... thats 75 pound for 12gig and wangle, which is like $115... when u look at home internet, its a lot cheaper here... so that mobile broadband offer being better than here is a great sign.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
quick

Post by quick »

my mum just moved into a new house in perth, suburbs, not miles out... and said she cant get adsl... is that even still possible? it doesn't sound right... what are the other options, sory but i'm way out of the loop with this now, so any help would be sweet

edit, they are on shared pair copper line
deviant

Post by deviant »

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

chuck the number in there... she might still be able to get cable, or maybe she only checked with telstra?? there are still areas that can't get ADSL because they are on RIM or Pair Gain
quick

Post by quick »

cheers Danny boi