mb.c community help board

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
FoundationStepper

Re: mb.c community help board

Post by FoundationStepper »

anyone fought the fines at private car parks (e.g. barkly square) and won?
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

mrj wrote:legally there isnt much you can do to my knowledge. this is why you should always put all tenants on the bills and leases.

however you could always get a friend who is physically capable to beat the crap out of them every day until they pay, and charge them interest in the meantime.

Ahhhh the catch is.. all of us were on the lease... ALL of our names were on the bill (except the other responsiblish one).... HOWEVER... take note everyone>>>>>>>>>>> As I made the initial phone call and set up the account... even though 2 other names were added.. I AM the MAIN account holder and they only are liable if I die (and I did consider calling in to say i was dead). Therefore I am the one who gets harrassed.... and that is with Gas, Elec and Water!!!!!! It is a case of jointly and severally liable....
I didn't know this until now, I thought aLL THREE OF US WOULD BE CHASED BUT NOT SO :(
The only way is to get a bill in each name but - elec bill is always going to be the most expensive.

Small claims it is.. thank you (thanks Lizkins - I wondered if you were still there).
gnat

Post by gnat »

FoundationStepper wrote:anyone fought the fines at private car parks (e.g. barkly square) and won?
apparently it is a rampant scam.

there's heaps of stuff on the net aobut it: The People vs Australian National Car Parks | Facebook for a start

Melb law students running a massive campaign. The thing is- ANCP do not have the power to fine people and work on the proviso that people get spooked by their Notice to Sue letters and pay up

Defo google Australian National Car Parks before you pay!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
deviant

Post by deviant »

FoundationStepper wrote:anyone fought the fines at private car parks (e.g. barkly square) and won?
yep :)

I just sent a letter (fax actually) and they took it off... :?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

what do you guys think about paintings done only in the artist's blood?

apparently this guy has trouble getting into galleries, but his art is really beautiful!

wrongtown or worthy and interesting?
deviant

Post by deviant »

hmmm, worthy I think..

but are there health concerns? are they sealed? I would be asking some questions.... is it legal?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

they are framed it looks like...

fuck knows about legality. youd think your own bodily fluids are yours to create with as you see fit, but i bet theres gonna be someone trying to stop that very soon if not already...

was just wondering what others think. i think its stupid that he cant get shows!
gnat

Post by gnat »

strange. is he haemophiliac? how is getting the bloodz?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Amick

Post by Amick »

I don't have a problem with it, as long as its not covered in flies and the blood is sealed like Dan said.

I write using my blood all the time, usually with these messages...

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

:lol:

gnat - i dunno babe, he is a tattooist though! but it is all his blood...
gnat

Post by gnat »

is he emo?
Amick

Post by Amick »

/hijack
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

AMICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

my eyes hurt now.

heres his site..

http://www.bloodpainter.org
Amick

Post by Amick »

kekekeke sorry GK <4
deviant

Post by deviant »

ghetto kitty wrote:they are framed it looks like...

fuck knows about legality. youd think your own bodily fluids are yours to create with as you see fit,
I'm not talking about the legallity of doing the art... I'm talking about it being publically accessible and touchable etc etc
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah okay, but can anything at ALL happen from touching dried blood on a canvas?

gnat do you know?
FoundationStepper

aside from the medium, what sort of galleries would be interested in that sort of work?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

what do you mean FS?

to me they are great paintings, what they are made of is secondary to that fact to me.
FoundationStepper

my point is that if the blood thing was irrlevant, what sort of galleries show works that look like his work? I'm not brinding my taste into it, or yours, but where in the market place does one go to put that sort of work? Personally I haven't been to a commercial gallery showing anything like it, thematically, and any contemporary artspaces I visit likewise. The only time I've seen anything similar in subject matter or style is in the walls in bars
gnat

Post by gnat »

ghetto kitty wrote:yeah okay, but can anything at ALL happen from touching dried blood on a canvas?

gnat do you know?
HIV is delicate and dies quickly on contact with air, i think HCV/B are a few days- less than a week though
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

GK, id prolly look up oh&s rules or something, that might be able to give you an idea of any 'rules' that might apply to his work. Because its in an area that the public can attend, perhaps standard regulations can be applied.

Sounds really interesting... weird, but interesting all the same. id be curious enough to go check it out.
gnat

Post by gnat »

brought directly to you from the soft crimson artillery tissue of the artist Bloodpainter to a variety of canvases
for your viewing pleasure.

this is interesting. doubtful that he is using arterial blood- i would hope. he'd have to go deep to get it
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

FS - not sure what galleries you are referring to, theres lots out there that show all kinds of art! but yes, the medium is the main thing that draws people to see it I guess, the paintings are just well executed even if not anything special subject wise. i think a lot of art is like that though, the theory can often exceed the product.....

gnat - thought so. so would you say it would be totally safe to touch these once they are dried, etc?

sammy - exactly, curious and so checking it out is where im coming from too.
gnat

Post by gnat »

GK reckon the health dept may have some issue with it. agree with sam- would check with them
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I dont think I would tell the health dept ;)

I was just really wondering if you guys would think its cool or not, he hastn actually said he wants to book a show, just feeling around etc etc
gnat

Post by gnat »

i'd be interested as to whather he's crossed this bridge before- with selling his art perhaps.. surely would have investigated the health and safety part ot it you reckon?

as far as the concept i think it's provocative and unusual and that's art innit?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah im sure he has....I will definately ask him if he decides he wants to do a show here...

and YES, even if its not revolutionary subject matter or execution as FS said, i stil think its damn interesting and would bring people on that merit, even if they dont buy it to hang on their walls etc
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

ghetto kitty wrote:what do you guys think about paintings done only in the artist's blood?

apparently this guy has trouble getting into galleries, but his art is really beautiful!

wrongtown or worthy and interesting?
Not wrong-town, thought-provoking.

For me, whether its successful depends on the ideology behind using bodily fluids as a medium above and beyond what it looks like IMO.

Any gallery that is po-faced about blood as a medium isn't a gallery I would want to exhibit in.

its been done before, by lots of artists. Most notably for me by Anthony Gormley. There is an American artist who paints only with HIV positive blood.
Gormley uses a wide range of materials: linseed oil, blood, semen, earth, rabbit skin, glue, burnt chicory, varnish, shellac, foodstuffs. Black pigment is the most favoured substance. Pigment is viewed by the artist, not just as colour, but as a carrier of memory - it alludes to its previous identity and history. The artist's own description of his process resonates with the process of alchemy (also shared with Beuys), 'For nigredo is considered part of the prima materia and constitutes the first part of the alchemical process'. For Gormley, the paper on which the image is made often comes to signify skin, the embodiment of humanity, 'The container for the biological processes that make us function'.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
dengelman

Post by dengelman »

Need a photographer.

About an hour in a park for some family shots.
Don't need "Wedding Package" prices, personal website or someone doing crappy photochops on my face.

Basically just want someone with a nice DSLR and a good eye who can give me a DVD of their images.
Am I dreaming if I want this for less than a few hundred bucks? Cheapest thing I can google about $600, and could not tbh...

Advice/leads/experiences/interested persons appreciated.
:thumbleft:
gnat

Post by gnat »

mecka imo

great eye and photographer

:wave: oh hai!
dengelman

Post by dengelman »

ta. and haiz! :D

obv so many talented photographers on here, but unsure if any interested in giving up a sunday arvo to snap my family...
pm if anyone interested.

does mecka shoot for coin or just art?

cheers.
deviant

Post by deviant »

I know someone who'll defo do it for you... student photgrapher ;)

she's very keen

when is it? I'll ask her then pass on details via PM
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

dengelman wrote:
does mecka shoot for coin?

cheers.

He is pretty easy, I am sure you can shoot in his eye / face if you ask.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Not help but www.ascolour.com.au for $3.50 heavyweight blank Ts..
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I am always looking for cheap photographers to shoot events or for brochures. No need to be professional, as long as you capture the moment. Our in house style is non glossy realism anyway.

If you are interested, or have student friends who want experience - get in touch.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I'm happy to shoot stuff. Lots of my photos on FB.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

sorry didn't see this

am happy to be of assistance, however a mate of mine actually does do photography for coin. she does weddings and whatnot. i would for sure, but my confidence levels are not quite there, but would be happy too still *conflicted*

my pics are here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/98331105@N00/

i am happy to give you my mates deets. let me know. here are her pics -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mishnchips/

to Dan - aww shucks thanks :) nice to hear when people are digging my photos
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
gnat

Post by gnat »

i dinged my car a little bit reversing out of driveway. also have another scrape and a scratch i want fixed, both minor i would have thought. got a quote for the scratch and scrape, minus this newest fa1L and it was 1600 bucks! WTF insane!

anyone have any idea if it is worth claiming on insurance and how would you go about this seeing they happened at different times, not due to one accident- does it even matter? i have lifetime rating one
anyone also know any good reputable panel beaters they can recommend?
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Touch Up Guys maybe Gnat.

http://www.touchupguys.com.au/
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

!!!!!!!
Don't hate me for house
gnat

Post by gnat »

nice one feigs. will get a quote from old mate in north melbs. has to be better than 1600 buxors fark me

wonder if they have a side branch called heavy petting
Fents

Post by Fents »

you will get stung for 2 claims gnat and that means 2 excess's unless you can prove they happened at the same time. my mum just did the same thing.
gnat

Post by gnat »

boo. i'm going to try the fellas scotty posted up for a start
Fents

Post by Fents »

does anyone know of a farmer who wants free animal feed around the northeast area? (bundoora, plenty, eltham etc?)
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i need to buy a Subaru NOW.

can spend up to $13k, want outback 2000 - earlier if possible, preferably blue with low km's.

none of the sellers on carsales are getting back to me.

any ideas?
quick

Post by quick »

get a liberty, i had a B4 2001 model, sch an awesome car, loved it soooo much, Subi's are best
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i think i found one on the weekend! its being checked ou this week. 2001 outback special edition ;) has only 95,000km's!

i realised car bogans dont check their email very often. called them and all good!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Need flexible freelance graphic designer who wants to pick up a few hours a week.
Must be polished.