Hawkesbury Canoe Classic - Help me Raise Money!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Feigan

Hawkesbury Canoe Classic - Help me Raise Money!

Post by Feigan »

Hi Everyone,

This Saturday the Hawkesbury Kayak Classic ( http://www.canoeclassic.asn.au ) is on and I’m registered to attempt to paddle 111Kms on Saturday Day/Night to raise funds for Leukemia research and treatment along with 600 other paddlers who will be braving the cold temperatures over night to raise funds for this great cause.

Here is a picture of my Canoe for the event – Mine is the front one.

There has been a lot to organise, a ton of safety gear, food, land crew, and of course the training – which of course I have done an absolutely huge amount of to prepare for this amazing event.

The Hawkesbury Classic official newsletter sent last week said that the 600 race participants have already raised over $100,000 for Leukemia research and treatment.

WOW!

My goal as I’ve been so organised is to raise $200+ before Saturday (yes – that’s in 24 hours – so get on board and don’t miss the Bus)

If you would like to just sponsor me through the race website click on this link here - http://www.canoeclassic.asn.au/my/races/donate?eid=144 and search for ‘Scott Feigan’ and follow the links through for sponsorship.

All donations will make a difference – no matter how big or small.

Incentive to sponsor – As you’re planning your Saturday night whether it be in a nice warm bar, a funky and fresh night spot, a comfortable restaurant or curled up at home in front of the fire think of me whilst I'm paddling in pitch black darkness down a freezing cold river wearing nothing other than a pair of speedos!

This should hopefully provide enough incentive for you to dig deep and make a contribution.

Pls note – I do not in any way condone the use or application of Speedos in any environment – I will really be wearing a sleeping bag and floating down the river in a house boat (I WISH!!)

Happy Paddling People!

Cheers,

Scotty