The Over 30's Crowd.....

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Feigan
Posts: 5791
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:14 am
Location: Coogee

The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Feigan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 pm

THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill.... barefoot... BOTH ways Yadda, yadda, yadda...........

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that.... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!
I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!
And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!

When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen.... forever!

And you could never win... The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove!
Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,

The Over 30 Crowd

DBoy
Posts: 11264
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:08 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by DBoy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Mobile phones!

If you were hooking up with someone you made a time, usaully the night before, and you stuck to it. You had to wait at the Clocks until the mother fuker turned up - if they were late, or the train was cancelled, or if the bailed with the hot chick from the country, of if the deal fell through - you got stood the fuk up and ended up at megazone by YOSELF - chump.

Feigan
Posts: 5791
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:14 am
Location: Coogee

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Feigan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Megazone!

comparable to Timezone?

well played D.

spot on.

Reverse charges phone calls from phone boxes or 1800 REVERSE

User avatar
youthful_implants
Posts: 4379
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: bracken
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by youthful_implants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:46 pm

LOL just sent that round the office Feegs.

That'll show the little whipper snappers.
Strontium Music

Image

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR

DBoy
Posts: 11264
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:08 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by DBoy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm

haha! Megazone was a Timezone rip off, but with pool tables - was on Flinders Street just where Degraves comes off in a basement. (before it moved to Bannana Alley -
Back in the days when Central Station was down that way.)

Spent a good part of my young teenage years in there with the crew playing NBA Jam in between skating at flatlands or five fingers at the 7/11 up the road.

That is another thing.

There used to be 2 or 3 7/11's in the city. If you wanted a slurpee you had to travel - non of this every other friggin block bizness.

User avatar
mrj
Posts: 13377
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:07 am
Location: the Penski file

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by mrj » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Totally.

When I was young if you exhibited behvioural problems you got a belting.

These days if you exhibit behavioural problems they give you legal amphetamines, and by extension, access to heaps of emo hotties.

Wheres the justice?
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.

User avatar
youthful_implants
Posts: 4379
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: bracken
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by youthful_implants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Got a resoundingly positive response after forwarding that to my whole office.

Including some additions to the list:

there’s more to how easy these bastards have it–

1. You didn’t break up with someone or ‘un-friend’ people you knew (over Facebook) – you had to deal with them face to face, with raw real emotions and an occasional black eye.

2. You couldn’t check on your iPhones how far your tram was before leaving the warm comfort of the pub – you left the pub, hung out on the stop in pouring rain for half an hour before the tram decided to show up.
Strontium Music

Image

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by ghetto kitty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I am not liking the fact that i turn 31 this year. 30 was cool, 31 is not.

User avatar
almax
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: behind the sunglasses

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by almax » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Feigan wrote:
And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!


you had a drug dealer in the 80's? :smt005

User avatar
youthful_implants
Posts: 4379
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: bracken
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by youthful_implants » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:I am not liking the fact that i turn 31 this year. 30 was cool, 31 is not.


nah thats bullshit Bo. 31 is AWESOME.
Strontium Music

Image

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR

DBoy
Posts: 11264
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:08 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by DBoy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:15 pm

almax wrote:
Feigan wrote:
And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!


you had a drug dealer in the 80's? :smt005


who said anything about the 80's? This was just about before there was caller ID / mobile phones - which included a lot of the 90's too right?

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by ghetto kitty » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

alex - okay ill take your word for it. but im surrounded by youngins, my house - all younger. work - all younger. sheesh!

do any of you freak out when you see someones birth year is 1992 and they are actually allowed inside clubs?

:lol: i do!

User avatar
Direkt
Posts: 15205
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:38 am
Location: The Voir
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Direkt » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Gold.

User avatar
almax
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: behind the sunglasses

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by almax » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm

DBoy wrote:
almax wrote:
Feigan wrote:
And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!


you had a drug dealer in the 80's? :smt005


who said anything about the 80's? This was just about before there was caller ID / mobile phones - which included a lot of the 90's too right?


He did

Feigan wrote: That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,

The Over 30 Crowd

DBoy
Posts: 11264
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:08 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by DBoy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Face it Almax - you missed the point and ruined the thread! Facts won't save you now.
Your old too you know, just cause your girlfriend was born in the 90's does not make you a child.

I have no idea how we did things before mobiles and email.

User avatar
almax
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: behind the sunglasses

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by almax » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:42 pm

DBoy wrote:Face it Almax - you missed the point and ruined the thread! Facts won't save you now.
Your old too you know, just cause your girlfriend was born in the 90's does not make you a child.

I have no idea how we did things before mobiles and email.


:smt005

User avatar
lilstormer
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:02 pm
Location: away with the pixies

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by lilstormer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:alex - okay ill take your word for it. but im surrounded by youngins, my house - all younger. work - all younger. sheesh!

do any of you freak out when you see someones birth year is 1992 and they are actually allowed inside clubs?

:lol: i do!


Maybe I should move into your house kitty, I can raise the median age and make you feel dead young like!
Free to those that can afford it, very expensive to those that can't.

User avatar
shepherd
Posts: 2836
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:13 am
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by shepherd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:25 pm

32 is the new 23

only downside of the 30's are the hangovers. the rest is good. more money. more life experience. more appreciation of the couch. still can function basically. young people don't respect you but you don't care anymore.

User avatar
fooishbar
Posts: 8660
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:56 am
Location: there and/or elsewhere

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by fooishbar » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:01 pm

YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, MY HEARING'S NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)

aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl

User avatar
Lephrenic
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:57 pm
Location: monome
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Lephrenic » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:07 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:I am not liking the fact that i turn 31 this year. 30 was cool, 31 is not.

31's been good to me so far.

User avatar
obliveus
Posts: 5869
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Ringwood North
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by obliveus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 pm

If anyone wants to feel really old, come teach 13-17 year olds with me. They think 35 (me) is almost dead.

User avatar
mixtress
Posts: 13386
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:15 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by mixtress » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:21 pm

c'mon OB1, you though the same of your teachers when you were that age.

I love thinking back to the good old days. You could leave the house in the morning and not come home til dinner time. You weren't worried about sex fiends like now, there's a pedophile story every second day on the news these days. It just seemed a lot more carefree. I reckon although kids nowadays have the benefit of technology, they also have it harder at school cause the competition's so much tougher. They grow up a lot faster, lots more latchkey kids cause Mums work more. But the kids today have a lot more attitude, thanks to no spankings at home I think. A belting here and there never did me any permanent damage and I learned respect...there's not a lot of respect anymore.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive

User avatar
FoundationStepper
Posts: 3556
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:55 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by FoundationStepper » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:28 am

And you could never win... The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!


like this one

User avatar
mixtress
Posts: 13386
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:15 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by mixtress » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Did anyone else used to put a bottle of something alocholic in the rubbish bins for the garbo's on Christmas Day?
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive

User avatar
deviant
Posts: 18211
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: couch
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by deviant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

My mum used to give me $2 (you know that big green note) to go to the video arcade..... that would last me ALL AFTERNOON. I don't think you could even play one game for that now.

I remember when we first got cal waiting on the phone... was some sort of amazing thing.

Feigan wrote:There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

ummm, didn't you have tapes?

Oh, I see you did
Feigan wrote:Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?


don't forget that you had to REWIND the fuckers every time (unless you had those double sided numbers)

User avatar
system
let the hustlers play
Posts: 10126
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: the leave garden

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by system » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 pm

fooishbar wrote:YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, MY HEARING'S NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

begone, diapers :teef:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.

User avatar
Direkt
Posts: 15205
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:38 am
Location: The Voir
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Direkt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm

deviant wrote:My mum used to give me $2 (you know that big green note) to go to the video arcade..... that would last me ALL AFTERNOON. I don't think you could even play one game for that now.

And $1 worth of mixed lollies could equal 100 ACTUAL LOLLIES.

Choc mates were 1c each.

These days you buy $1 of mixed lollies and you can this pissy little handful in a celophane bag - not the big-arse bag we used to get.

Still, shopkeepers must be revlieved they don't have to count out 100 mixed lollies, all for the princely sum of $1, anymore...

User avatar
almax
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:47 pm
Location: behind the sunglasses

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by almax » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:09 pm

haha yeah totally, i remember standing there saying ill have 5c of caramel swirls, 5c of freckles, 5c of choc buds, 5c of milk buds etc etc
And fish and chip shops, you could get 50c worth of chips and it would fill you and a mate up.

User avatar
quiet roar
Posts: 1543
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: Brunswicked

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by quiet roar » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:12 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:I am not liking the fact that i turn 31 this year. 30 was cool, 31 is not.

Would you rather be turning 21?

Don't know how you can handle hanging out with young'uns all the time, kitty. Maybe it's the extra decade I have under my belt, but I have little tolerance for most young people, nowadays.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

User avatar
obliveus
Posts: 5869
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Ringwood North
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by obliveus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:28 pm

mixtress wrote:c'mon OB1, you though the same of your teachers when you were that age.


Not really. They actually seemed young to me. I was far too mature for my age back then, I guess...still am. Comes with being such a distinguished gentleman.

:teef:

User avatar
mixtress
Posts: 13386
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:15 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by mixtress » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:42 am

:D

Even if my teachers were young they still seemed pretty old/oldish to me. Looking back though, some of them were barely out of school themselves. It's so different seeing it from this side of the fence, you know, being old and that.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive

User avatar
obliveus
Posts: 5869
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Ringwood North
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by obliveus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:23 am

mixtress wrote::D

Even if my teachers were young they still seemed pretty old/oldish to me. Looking back though, some of them were barely out of school themselves. It's so different seeing it from this side of the fence, you know, being old and that.


:lol:

One of my new teachers is 23. He looks like he's bout 15. Make's it hard for him when he's a head shorter than some of his 13 year old students, looks like he should be wearing a uniform and hasn't mastered the art of classroom 'management'. Comes to me for advice and makes me feel old every day. When did I become the one giving advice? I was under impression that I was still one of the young ones.

:wink:

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by ghetto kitty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:45 pm

quiet roar wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:I am not liking the fact that i turn 31 this year. 30 was cool, 31 is not.

Would you rather be turning 21?

Don't know how you can handle hanging out with young'uns all the time, kitty. Maybe it's the extra decade I have under my belt, but I have little tolerance for most young people, nowadays.


I would not rather be turning 21, nope. Agree with everything Shep said about getting older, i guess I am just reminded that i aint a youf anymore and havent been for quite a while (i realised this at around 25/26 heheh)

When Im a punter at gigs, I cant handle the youngsters, at Lupe Fiasco I HATED the crowd, same at laneway fest, all demographic that comes in a good generation younger than me...so I just cant party with them anymore really...

But, there is something to be said for the wide eyed bushy tailed enthusiasm of youngsters, rather than the grumbly jadedness of older people, both in life and in the music industry.

I like to nurture the youngsters for they are the ones who will be taking over, when Im ready to rock back n forth on my porch with a shotgun and my stocks of rice.

;)

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Blaxter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am

Fuck it, I just got older last week, and I'm loving it.
I'm wiser when I want to be, more experienced when I need to be.
And I can get my haircut without having to be told to by my mum.

edit: Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

User avatar
quiet roar
Posts: 1543
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: Brunswicked

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by quiet roar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:But, there is something to be said for the wide eyed bushy tailed enthusiasm of youngsters, rather than the grumbly jadedness of older people, both in life and in the music industry.

Yeah, I must admit few of these types sprinkled through the crowd ain't a bad thing.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

User avatar
deviant
Posts: 18211
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: couch
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by deviant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:38 pm

my brother turns 30 on Thursday..... I will email him a link to this thread as a present

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Blaxter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:45 pm

quiet roar wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:But, there is something to be said for the wide eyed bushy tailed enthusiasm of youngsters, rather than the grumbly jadedness of older people, both in life and in the music industry.

Yeah, I must admit few of these types sprinkled through the crowd ain't a bad thing.


The world (and gigs) need their fair share of jaded chin strokers as well.

User avatar
quiet roar
Posts: 1543
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: Brunswicked

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by quiet roar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 pm

deviant wrote:my brother turns 30 on Thursday..... I will email him a link to this thread as a present

Tightarse!

:P
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

User avatar
aroes
Posts: 2131
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by aroes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 pm

this thread is lolz

maybe it should be called the over 20s crowd

i'm only 25 and i can remember all the stuff people are ranting about.....flatlands, timezone, bulging bags of mixed lollies, taping your favourite tunes off the radio

maybe the only difference about being over 30 is that you turn into a whinging khunt



























awaits ban

User avatar
nic
Posts: 11184
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by nic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 pm

+1
ban over 30's
except for the ones that rave of course

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Blaxter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 am

nic wrote:+1
ban over 30's
except for the ones that rave of course


must be an active chin stroker not armchair interweb hero IMO

DBoy
Posts: 11264
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:08 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by DBoy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:39 am

aroes wrote:this thread is lolz

maybe it should be called the over 20s crowd

i'm only 25 and i can remember all the stuff people are ranting about.....flatlands, timezone, bulging bags of mixed lollies, taping your favourite tunes off the radio

maybe the only difference about being over 30 is that you turn into a whinging khunt

awaits ban


Yep - that is the sound of one of 'them' alright. Born with a silver spoon in his hand. Mobile phone in hand, computer at home as a kid.
Thinking they are better than every other generation - god's gift and all.
You can tell them a mile off. Friggin kids. :retzielikes:

User avatar
nic
Posts: 11184
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by nic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 am

i bet he wears plimsolls and subscribes to blogs rather than readin the local newspaper.

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by ghetto kitty » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:25 pm

yeah but Aroes is from Dandy.

that kind of makes sense then right?

:awaitsbeatdownfromaroes:

<3 you! hehehe

User avatar
a1studmuffin
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by a1studmuffin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

And you could never win... The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

:mrgreen:

Brilliant thread Feigan. Think I might forward this around the office too! :)

User avatar
Lil MiSbreaks
Posts: 5455
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:50 pm

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Lil MiSbreaks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm

youthful_implants wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:I am not liking the fact that i turn 31 this year. 30 was cool, 31 is not.


nah thats bullshit Bo. 31 is AWESOME.


Totally, it stays on the awesome of 30 and just cruises on until you get the other awesome of 40!
Having said that, im about to turn 32 and its SOOOO boring!! To be confident in what you want, what you know for sure you dont want, as Shep says, not actually caring. I love being this age so much more than when I was younger. Yeah stuff hurts more and triple recovery time, but ive found i dont want to get as flogged anyway.

Scotty, this is so true! Good work :D

I was meeting a friend in Moama and we had no service. Had a major panic straight away and was thinking, fuck, if theres no service, how can we meet them?!?!?! and then thought, hang on, before mobiles, I wasnt sitting at home doing nothing wishing I had a way of contacting the person at the meeting place. fuck, if you missed the train, you just got the next one knowing the person you were meeting would just wait, pissed off, but would wait. So it wasnt a problem, we just acted like we used too. :lol:

I will happily wear the label of 'whinging cunt' before Id wear a rubbish Gen Y or the like label.

User avatar
aroes
Posts: 2131
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by aroes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm

DBoy wrote:
aroes wrote:this thread is lolz

maybe it should be called the over 20s crowd

i'm only 25 and i can remember all the stuff people are ranting about.....flatlands, timezone, bulging bags of mixed lollies, taping your favourite tunes off the radio

maybe the only difference about being over 30 is that you turn into a whinging khunt

awaits ban


Yep - that is the sound of one of 'them' alright. Born with a silver spoon in his hand. Mobile phone in hand, computer at home as a kid.
Thinking they are better than every other generation - god's gift and all.
You can tell them a mile off. Friggin kids. :retzielikes:


Total rubbish!

The only computer we had at home when I was a kid was an Amstrad 286 my aunt gave us out of pity

I didn't own a mobile phone til I'd moved out of home at 17, which was in 2002......I BET you had a mobile phone before 2002

Good post though, dad joke ftw

User avatar
aroes
Posts: 2131
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 am

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by aroes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:29 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:yeah but Aroes is from Dandy.

that kind of makes sense then right?

:awaitsbeatdownfromaroes:

<3 you! hehehe


lol

User avatar
system
let the hustlers play
Posts: 10126
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: the leave garden

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by system » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

aroes wrote:awaits ban

Image

THE BANS
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.

User avatar
Amick
Posts: 5254
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:02 am
Location: 37° 46(45)'S, 144° 55(23)'E

Re: The Over 30's Crowd.....

Post by Amick » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

That is hypnotic...in a bad way.

Post Reply