Masterchef 2010

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
youthful_implants

Masterchef 2010

Post by youthful_implants »

Can haz its own thread?

Quite good already this year, who you feeling/not feeling? Are the judges more harsh? Are the challenges and food interesting?

Who's FTW? I quite want Jonathan to win, just because he's a massive twunt.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Feigan

Re: Masterchef 2010

Post by Feigan »

Matt Preston = Twat.

Who saw the plate dropping incident?

Enjoying it though - would like to see Jake win it.

Best comment in the whole series 'I'm stoked, I love Helicopters'
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

Feigan wrote:Who saw the plate dropping incident?
Manufactured for tv ad break cut. silly

I'm liking it, don't think Jonathan is so bad...
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

It was SO silly, cringeworthy.

I liked the Press Club challenge - that was good.

Callum will be out soon I think - too much trying to impress daddy I think.

Too many tears this year - it's a cooking show FFS.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

I couldnt beleive the plate dropping. No need man. It was terrible. I didnt even pick it as a stunt either, which its usually obvious. Terrible. Poor Aaron!!

I LOVE this show.

I love Marian, she's awesome and totally my favourite by miles.

And YES!! Too many tears, waaay to many. Ok, tear up when your kicked out, that makes sense, but no all the time.

Think you mean Matthew Scotty, he had the daddy issues last night.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

That's him - the one who is seeking Daddy's approval to follow his dream. it all gets a little soppy...
mrj

Post by mrj »

i hate all reality tv. except this.

i like this.

altho its harder to watch now Fiona is gone. needs moar imo.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
kiss & tell

Post by kiss & tell »

its wikkid apart from that annoying one who has the rachael from friend's haircut
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

fiona was annoying.

dont really like anyone this year. i think i should win.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Rachel friends hair cut - ha!

Fiona was good and it was good to see Domayne Chandon getting a good run too.
kiss & tell

Post by kiss & tell »

the food scientist should win because science is awesome
youthful_implants

I love how Jake is like George's best mate, he's a total bogan but he could definitely win.

I like an underdog as much as a smarmy know-it-all like Jonathan.

The plate incident was LOL, pure ratings fodder. Thats why Matt Preston wins Logies innit, because he's a massive drama queen.

I also rate Clare but she's also too posh to win. The winner will, mark my words, be some salt of the earth, humble type like Jake.

Its what Coles are looking for to sell books innit.

Who's the bird with the weird face who pouts too much? She can GTFO. Needs a lot moar Justine style hotnesss!!

Level of attractiveness of contestants is definitely down on last year.
Last edited by youthful_implants on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

huge wrote:fiona was annoying.

dont really like anyone this year. i think i should win.
agreed. huge ftw

don't like anyone on it this yr either...

its a good thing, cos altho its still decent to watch, i won't be getting addicted to it like last yr and wasting so much time watching mindless crap! up until the final few weeks maybe
FoundationStepper

I like claire - both her and marion are cutie pies. would like to have tried that fish sauce dessert!

callum seems to go from good to too sure of himself (his modern australian curry for eg), shows his age a little

didn't think much of fiona

like aaron, although he seems a bit cocky their mexican dish looked great and he seems really inventive in a good way.

thought the french test was a bit harsh cos the loosing team followed bad advice from the french master and it lost them the test IMO.

glad someone started a thread!

tonight aaron vs maggie bier - awesome.
FoundationStepper

still feel like barfing when I think of kates 'chicken potato slice' the microwave dish with tinned mayo! how did she get into the top 24?
FoundationStepper

youthful_implants wrote:Who's the bird with the weird face who pouts too much? She can GTFO. Needs a lot moar Justine style hotnesss!!
joanne

bit of a pain really
youthful_implants

FoundationStepper wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:Who's the bird with the weird face who pouts too much? She can GTFO. Needs a lot moar Justine style hotnesss!!
joanne

bit of a pain really
she's ok. another moment of ratings-fodder style hosting when she pulled out the Lebanese dish with the Chandon and Garry was like "Joanne I'm afraid to say......" and looked downcast. Cue ad break. And then when he came back "afraid to say...... thats brilliant!!"

I'm going to start doing this in normal conversation.

To the wife. "Hello darling, I'm sorry to tell you... I've got AIDS........... cue massive pause....... for my new project at work."
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

youthful_implants wrote:I've got AIDS........... cue massive pause and explode into fireball....... for my new project at work
Fixed
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

im glad you mentioned joanne fking hate her so annoying

i guess if you love to hate someone then it doesn't matter if you don't like anyone on the show, just as entertaining to yell at the screen :P
youthful_implants

Hahaha yes!
Strontium Music

youthful_implants

FoundationStepper wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:I've got AIDS........... cue massive pause and explode into fireball....... for my new project at work
Fixed
:lol:
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

shes not so bad, but when she landed carrie in it in the french challenge ('I didn't make that dessert') was a bit off, also was a shit team leader in the house cooking challenge.

no one is a real PITA though, and its kind of obvious the way they edit Jonathan to look like a villian
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

FoundationStepper wrote:Manufactured for tv ad break cut. silly
This is how I feel about the entire show.
Master Marketing product placement. I do not feel like it is genuine at all, that everything is just over acted and over produced.
The only thing I like is when they are cooking and the food the present. Can't watch the rest - judging etc.
FoundationStepper

DBoy wrote:This is how I feel about the entire show.
Master Marketing product placement. I do not feel like it is genuine at all, that everything is just over acted and over produced.
The only thing I like is when they are cooking and the food the present. Can't watch the rest - judging etc.
I get the total marketing deal, its a benefit to everyone involved - visiting chefs, the products, the brand etc. a big happy affair...

but I don't think it affects the integrity of the cooking/judging elements. I just laugh at the fireballs and go do the dishes

Thinking of starting a new competition for masterwash
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

DBoy wrote:
FoundationStepper wrote:Manufactured for tv ad break cut. silly
This is how I feel about the entire show.
i agree, and i think its a lot more blatant than last season. cashing in big time
youthful_implants

product placement doesn't bother me, I work in advertising. there is never a clever way of doing it.

the over the top, camped up aspects of the judges behaviour doesn't bother me.

the only thing that bothers me is lack of eye candy and the abundance of crying in every episode.
Strontium Music

gnat

Post by gnat »

fuck i HATED that carrie bitch. cheering at my joint when she went

love this show and love matt preston tbh although the plate dropping was confusing and dumb. poor old aaron- he'd had a bad enough week. cut him some slack imo. i reckon he's alright. agree his mex looked amazing

i'm with you sammy- marion ftfw. she is awesome. can't stop staring at clare's ears. they're teh massive, distracting. she's good though. glad that jake didn't go out on the seafood one but no chance he'll win- he's pretty useless on the whole despite being strangely endearing

fucking hate and want to stab that jonathon guy every time he speaks.

chicken and potato was a debacle. WTF was she even doing there? most annoying of all of them for sure. and over confident. hated her gutzzz. 'the crunchy lettuce makes it' lol!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
FoundationStepper

YI has opened the floodgates!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Product placement of Australian food industry is actually really well done. I hate it generally, but i got to say they do it well. Coles stuff - well fuk it, that is modern entertainment isn't it. Product placement generation. Hopefully one day we will be rid of 30 sec ad breaks because placement will support stations. maybe?

But the judging and every comment being made for grabs just gives me the fuking irrits. I loved it last season, but it just feels totally contived this year. I can not get into it because i just feel like it is all fake. The judges, the editing feels weak, the actual decisions seem to be made on producers calls not judging. The way experts are not always included on decisions (Stephanie Alexander is the one i saw) - most likely because they need to make decisions for ratings.

Everytime I have watched I have cringed and flicked off.

And Yes YP - if there was some candy I probably wouldn't.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

gnat wrote: chicken and potato was a debacle. WTF was she even doing there? most annoying of all of them for sure. and over confident. hated her gutzzz. 'the crunchy lettuce makes it' lol!
Worst thing about the show is when she is cooking on the intro doing that stupid bum dance thing.
Don't hate me for house
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

youthful_implants wrote:abundance of crying in every episode.
omfg exactly... SO ANNOYING.
matt preston should be doing ads for kleenex not handee ultra
fuks sake..
gnat

Post by gnat »

lol i know.exactly.what.you.are.talking.about jamesss
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
youthful_implants

gnat wrote:fuck i HATED that carrie bitch. cheering at my joint when she went

love this show and love matt preston tbh although the plate dropping was confusing and dumb. poor old aaron- he'd had a bad enough week. cut him some slack imo. i reckon he's alright. agree his mex looked amazing

i'm with you sammy- marion ftfw. she is awesome. can't stop staring at clare's ears. they're teh massive, distracting. she's good though. glad that jake didn't go out on the seafood one but no chance he'll win- he's pretty useless on the whole despite being strangely endearing

chicken and potato was a debacle. WTF was she even doing there? most annoying of all of them for sure. and over confident. hated her gutzzz. 'the crunchy lettuce makes it' lol!
haha yes! one of my wife's mates was round and she's a good looking bird. she was saying how much she fancies Matt Preston and asked me, being English, if I knew anyone like him. LOL
Strontium Music

Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

KATE FROM KEILOR!!! :roll:

And yes Nat, strangely endearing is spot on for Jake. Realised last week with the press club thing that he wasnt getting much love. He rarely got picked for master class food tasting and to be part of stuff and then when Claire picked him to go in the helipcopter and he was on a winning team, well I loved it. no tears, but it was cool :D

I know there's all sorts of other shit going on with marketing and products and stuff, but I honestly dont actually care.
Its all about the food and being able to watch people cook something that I normally wouldnt even try to make cos i thought it would be hard as fuck to cook. Ive learnt so many things about cooking and food, its rad. :mrgreen:

And i do like to watch people fuck up too :lol:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
And i do like to watch people fuck too :lol:
:o
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

gnat wrote:fuck i HATED that carrie bitch. cheering at my joint when she went

I like Matt Preston - you can tell his tongue is set firmly in cheek most of the time...

For me the favs this season DEF Marion - she has a great way with food... And i like Jake but i fell he needs to step up a little bit and show them bogans can cook to! I also like Alvin and Aaron (Pasta guy)
Who was that school teacher that just left - sooo happy when she went, she was terrible and nowhere near up to standard.

I also note the amount of Lawyers and Accountant types that clearly listened to their parents and schools and went onto uni only to realize that a life spent in the office is not all that thrilling....
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

I like Masterchef just for that chick going at it with the mortar and pestle during the opening credits.
youthful_implants

apophenian wrote:I like Masterchef just for that chick going at it with the mortar and pestle during the opening credits.
hahahaha so true. she looks keen and that counts for a lot!
Strontium Music

Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Feigan wrote:Matt Preston = Twat.

Who saw the plate dropping incident?

Enjoying it though - would like to see Jake win it.

Best comment in the whole series 'I'm stoked, I love Helicopters'
:scr1pt:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Anyone notice how they always just finish cooking before it's time, shit everywhere - and then after the next ad break they're standing there, all plated up with a spotless kitchen?

I know it's not filmed live or in real time, but seriously - where did all that mess go? Is the food now cold?

I think they must move to to kitchen b., or something....
gnat

Post by gnat »

Charlie73 wrote: I also note the amount of Lawyers and Accountant types that clearly listened to their parents and schools and went onto uni only to realize that a life spent in the office is not all that thrilling....

i like alvin too. bizarre circular patch of missing hair is confusing though..
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Direkt wrote:Anyone notice how they always just finish cooking before it's time, shit everywhere - and then after the next ad break they're standing there, all plated up with a spotless kitchen?

I know it's not filmed live or in real time, but seriously - where did all that mess go? Is the food now cold?

I think they must move to to kitchen b., or something....
all in the editing tbh. i've heard some hilarious prima donna reports about presenter behaviour on set.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
gnat

Post by gnat »

elaborate..
mrj

Post by mrj »

youthful_implants wrote:To the wife. "Hello darling, I'm sorry to tell you... I've got AIDS........... cue massive pause....... for my new project at work."
or

Sorry I'm late, I got caught up talking to God......................frey Jones!

or

I have the most terrible news, your sister died........................her hair!
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

gnat wrote:
Charlie73 wrote: I also note the amount of Lawyers and Accountant types that clearly listened to their parents and schools and went onto uni only to realize that a life spent in the office is not all that thrilling....

:lol: isnt it just. I like him too, he's lovely.

Maggie Beer is ace. Loved last night's episode. I wish she was my grandma 8)
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Fucking Fiona - Ms Noddy was terrible - could not stand her and would yell at the TV every time she was on.. Always seem to watch and enjoy the show then turn it off after the challenge is over and miss the results/eliminations; didn't even realise Fiona left tbh - TV must have felt a bit better though not getting yelled at. Jake rules, whether he should be on the show is another question which is why he is so good. Only show I routinely watch.
gnat

Post by gnat »

carrie was the worst of the worst. that fucking stupid american hybrid accent and permanent misty eyes grrrr
FoundationStepper

boo to jake going to elimination...
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

gnat wrote:

i know what is going on there!

OMG LMB - I adore Maggie, The Chef and The Cook = BEST!

I missed last night, how did they go on the ship???
FoundationStepper

big gap in the votes, aarons/blue team lost

a bit of a sashimi debarcle with aaron's/blue team (syke lead the other team), and also in blue team, poorly cooked zucchini flowers.

everyone involved in the sashimi got put to elimination, but I think really it went down to marion not filleting the salmon properly - jake was a trooper and was pulling out all the bones but it took ages. so marion, jake and pouty to elimination