looking for a room! (also, studio rental?)

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
flippo

looking for a room! (also, studio rental?)

Post by flippo »

Kiddywinks,

so I'm looking for a large room to rent that is big enough to accommodate both bedroom and studio/office without feeling like I'm sleeping on my sequencer! I guess the house would have to be relatively 'music friendly', although I can do most of my composition in headphones so It wouldn't be that hard for me to wait for an appropriate time/empty house to bump the mixdowns.

Alternatively, I thought about maybe finding a smaller, cheaper room and then renting a separate studio space? Has anyone had any experience doing this, either as a producer or other artist? Does anyone know any good cheap studio space rentals around melb? I'm finding a few that are priced well in the North, but they seem more geared towards visual artists, or people not making any noise, maybe not a ideal for music folks? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, or maybe it just doesn't exist outside more expensive pro studios that are well out of my budget? Anywhere that I can lock up confidently and have 24hour access - communal creative vibe would be bonus but I'll geek out on my own if necessary.

anyway, if you know of a nice room to rent with some rad people (preferably those who love cooking and maybe have a sweet dog and cat? hehe)

or if you know much about renting small cheap studio/office that is producer friendly I'd love to know.

:D
FoundationStepper

Re: looking for a room! (also, studio rental?)

Post by FoundationStepper »

i think youll be hard pressed on studio front - that access/secutiry thing - its all geared to visual arts
CoB

Post by CoB »

oh, you are back in melbourne!?!?!?
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
aroes

Post by aroes »

my gf and her housemate have a guy moving out soon

they'll be looking for someone, pref a guy

just off sydney rd in coburg (couple of minutes walk from coburg station)

room is pretty small though