post your best easy recipe here:

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
eskay

post your best easy recipe here:

Post by eskay »

While I have an urgent need for a recipe I do have high hopes for this thread (the least of which is that it never be moved to the general forum)..

Now that urgent need we talked of:

I need to make a vegetarian dish to feed about 5-6 people, nothing that's gonna take me hours in the kitchen to make, I'm not averse to Kous Kous etc. needs to be able to transport well cos it's for a bring a plate dinner party and nothing with exotic ingredients that I have to order from Morocco and get customs clearance for. The rest I'm flexible on.

So... seems pretty easy really.

hit me with your secret recipes passed down through generations... or not ;)
charlie

Post by charlie »

stuffed Peppers - what about those????

is it tht type of thing you are after???

I do a great Vegetable Pasta

Also Soups....

do you want a meal or a nibble thing or inbetween???
eskay

Post by eskay »

stuffed peppers! We have a hole in one :D

why didn't I think of that? easy peasy :)

it's for a sit down dinner, so yeah a proper meal is prolly best. Stuffed peppers... mmm... mouth watering already :)
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

***Hugh's Curry Slop with Rice!***

i can of pataks curry pastey stuff of your choice.
extra teaspoons of more pataks curry paste from the jar (i like Balti)
1 large brown onion finely chopped
1-2 chopped cloves of garlic.
3/4 of 500g bag red lentils.
3 medium sized spuds, peeled and chopped up not too bigly or small..ly
some water

directions. chuck it all in a large pot with some water and cook it until the spuds are no longer crunchy. stir all the time, adding more water will probably be required.

make rice too.

hows that? all to easy really. maybe not what your looking for tho.. but it makes an absolute truckload. if you want more just add more lentils.

although you will be spending much of the next day alone for various reasons.

EDIT: forgot the water :oops:
eskay

Post by eskay »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:***Hugh's Curry Slop with Rice!***

make rice too.
that curry looks good but ever since the rice cooker broke I've been hopeless with rice. It's either crunchy or I keep adding more and more water and then it burns on the bottom... and and and :cry:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:although you will be spending much of the next day alone for various reasons
:lol::lol:
charlie

Post by charlie »

do you have a recepie for the peppers???

I also use cous cous in this, taste yummy - are the vegan??? can you use cheese???

I also do a great blackened pepper and tomato soup.....
quick

Post by quick »

Kraft Maccaroni Cheese
Lots of corn

Cheesy maccaroni corny goodness.... :homerdrool:

Can substitute the Kraft Maccaroni Cheese for maggi 2 min chicken and corn noodles and lots of grated colby, layering in to a serving bowl, and also works with normal pasta (surprise, surprise).
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
quick

Post by quick »

charlie wrote:I also use cous cous
Did you know that Cous in Lebanese means Vagina :?:
eskay

Post by eskay »

yeah I'm sure I'll find something charlie.. where mum's from stuffed peppers is part of their 4 essential food groups ;)
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

eskay wrote:that curry looks good but ever since the rice cooker broke I've been hopeless with rice. It's either crunchy or I keep adding more and more water and then it burns on the bottom... and and and :cry:
oh dude, rice is sooo easy!

just have it so there is about 2cm of water above the rice. cook on VERY low flame storing it all the time. turns out nice and fluffy.

has to be a very low flame tho or you will burn it. dont have too much water or it will be too, strange lookin.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
eskay wrote:that curry looks good but ever since the rice cooker broke I've been hopeless with rice. It's either crunchy or I keep adding more and more water and then it burns on the bottom... and and and :cry:
oh dude, rice is sooo easy!

just have it so there is about 2cm of water above the rice. cook on VERY low flame storing it all the time. turns out nice and fluffy.

has to be a very low flame tho or you will burn it. dont have too much water or it will be too, strange lookin.
correct i used to be terrible at rice but a Jamaican boy i was c'ing in Bristol well his ma showed me how to cook it fool proof.

put WASHED rice in pot, fill with water to 1 knuckle above the rice, then bring to the boil on high as soon as it starts to boil turn it down to the lowest possible flame, then cover with lid leave for 15-20mins...done just like in a shop, light and fluffy as....

Quick I make a great homemade Mac & Cheese - if you like things cheesey this is cheese-eeee, next Kombat Bass on a Monday I will do a massive Mac a& Cheese..... or for the games session...

On that note - my housemates are away camping from Boxing Day to NYD so we could have the session at my place then.... if this suits peeps.....
quick

Post by quick »

charlie wrote:Quick I make a great homemade Mac & Cheese - if you like things cheesey this is cheese-eeee, next Kombat Bass on a Monday I will do a massive Mac a& Cheese..... or for the games session...
I am so there, I'll get onto Finton for the Kombat Bass show, I got monday off work too. One thing, you gots to add corn, it is soooooo good with pasta and cheese, because the flavour and sweet sweet juice stays in it own little house until nibbled, then, POW, sweet corn juice....
charlie

Post by charlie »

quick wrote:
charlie wrote:Quick I make a great homemade Mac & Cheese - if you like things cheesey this is cheese-eeee, next Kombat Bass on a Monday I will do a massive Mac a& Cheese..... or for the games session...
I am so there, I'll get onto Finton for the Kombat Bass show, I got monday off work too. One thing, you gots to add corn, it is soooooo good with pasta and cheese, because the flavour and sweet sweet juice stays in it own little house until nibbled, then, POW, sweet corn juice....
coolies well let me know.... although i am busy on Manday's at a course for the next oh 5 weeks babe.. i do not finish until 8.30 each nite and wld have to train to Fent's from there.... hmmmm how can we werk this....

Corn i have never added corn b4..... but for you poppet i can do that.....
quick

Post by quick »

charlie wrote:
quick wrote:
coolies well let me know.... although i am busy on Manday's at a course for the next oh 5 weeks babe.. i do not finish until 8.30 each nite and wld have to train to Fent's from there.... hmmmm how can we werk this....

Corn i have never added corn b4..... but for you poppet i can do that.....
I have transport... will talk to fents and get back to you.
Kombat Bass

Post by Kombat Bass »

Fents Recipe for Disaster -

Making Bud Butter
Melt a pound of butter in a pan. Mix 60-70 or more grams (2 or more ounces) of thoroughly sifted pot in to the butter. Let it boil carefully a couple of minutes until the butter has gotten a green color from the grass.

Then squeeze the butter through a fine strainer. While you use the strainer, keep the leaves away in a corner of the pan by using a spoon. Squeeze hard to get out as much of the butter as possible.

[The cooking time has varied from a couple of minutes, as above, to 10-15 minutes. 10 minutes works fine for my friends.]

If you don't want any remaining leaves in the butter, you can strain it through some muslin. A problem concerning this is that you will loose some butter in the muslin.

Don't throw the leaves, they still may contain viable THC. The leaves can be cooked in milk or vodka and become a tasty and effective drink.

Hot milk or vodka might also be poured through the muslin, thereby saving some of the hashish butter. You can fry more leaves in the same butter in you want to increase its strength.

[General word on the street is that the bud left over after the extraction is worthless and should be thrown away... I left the comment in the recipe because boiling the used pot in milk really* does taste good.]

A simpler and stronger version of the cannabis butter (or ghee)... by mixing melted butter with hashish or hashish oil instead of pot. It is not necessary to fry this as long as in the case with the pot.

Just warm it up and mix it until the hashish or hashish oil is dissolved in the butter. You can put as much hashish (or hashish oil) into it as you want. Another plus is that there are no remaining leaves with THC to worry about.

ENJOY 8)
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

fents you are norty!! :twisted:

eskay : i'd take a frittata if i was you. easy to transport, you can cook it in advance and they're a piece of piss to make. you're even supposed to serve it cold. YUMM! leftover spaghetti is always good in frittata or potatoes or zucchini or oven roasted capsicum.