Nerf Guns - Z O M G

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mrj

Nerf Guns - Z O M G

Post by mrj »

Um, has anyone else seen this shit?

F U C K I N G A W E S O M E

http://nerfguns.org/nerf-vulcan-ebf-25

Damn I wish they had these toys when I was a kid. Almost worth having a kid of my own just so I have an excuse to buy one.

How long does the adoption process take these days?
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ghetto kitty

Re: Nerf Guns - Z O M G

Post by ghetto kitty »

fuck having kids for an excuse to have fun and play with toys.

just get one!
almax

Post by almax »

lol a couple of the guys here at work have them, they suped them up so they shoot faster just like this video

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

They often get broken out on a Friday afternoon.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

my cousins supercharged their nerf guns too.
now one of this is in the armed services.
god help us all.
eN

Post by eN »

Fents

Post by Fents »

seen em and love em! i know what ashers getting for his first b'day!

god im glad we had a boy first...now i get to be a massive kid again for a few years!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Watever Fents. Ivy is going to love this stuff cause ill tell her to love it.
witty_pseudonym

:lol:

daddy wars! nerf battle!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

witty_pseudonym wrote:my cousins supercharged their nerf guns too.
now one of this is in the armed services.
god help us all.
after talking with the yankee gaming boys about first person shooter games its pretty scary what happens when a society has guns + games that normalize shooting + threat of terrorism can equal.

dads - just a thought, you dont feel as if it's a worry to encourage shooting etc?

i mean, i like shooting guns, i like them for the machines they are, but fuck, shooting an Ak47 makes you realise that they are just killing machines, plain and simple.
almax

Post by almax »

wow i bet those guys are swimming in the pussy
witty_pseudonym

my brother and I were never allowed war toys when we were little. my grandmother did sneak my bro a GI Joe who army crawled along the ground and whose gun made noise. mum was PISSED and confiscated it. the only sanctioned weapon was a pop gun and it was slightly frowned upon when we got spud guns (i'm not sure if that was due to the wasting of potatoes or the fact that we had guns). :lol:
almax

Post by almax »

witty_pseudonym wrote:my brother and I were never allowed war toys when we were little. my grandmother did sneak my bro a GI Joe who army crawled along the ground and whose gun made noise. mum was PISSED and confiscated it. the only sanctioned weapon was a pop gun and it was slightly frowned upon when we got spud guns (i'm not sure if that was due to the wasting of potatoes or the fact that we had guns). :lol:
what, not even water pistols? that sucks!

Kitty i think kids can distinguish between fake play guns and real guns, if they grow up as a gun toting psycho then i think there would be deeper issues at work than whether they played war games as a child.
Im pretty sure 90% of boys used to play some kind of gun game as a kid, whether it was cops and robber, cowboys and indians etc etc
witty_pseudonym

water pistols, yes. super soaker ftw!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

okay maybe. but what about first person shooter games? little bit different? plus kids are one thing, adolescents disillusioned with life and thier society full of testosterone is another story.

i read somewhere yesterday that they are considering allowing high school students in the states to carry concealed weapons now, to avoid being mown down in a shooting at school, for self defence.

where does it end?
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

ZOMG indeed.

Thanks mrj
deviant

Post by deviant »

ghetto kitty wrote:okay maybe. but what about first person shooter games? little bit different? plus kids are one thing, adolescents disillusioned with life and thier society full of testosterone is another story.

i read somewhere yesterday that they are considering allowing high school students in the states to carry concealed weapons now, to avoid being mown down in a shooting at school, for self defence.

where does it end?
I played with guns and played FPS games extensively as a teenager. No issue imo. If you are confusing gaming/reality you have some serious issues.. one's that availability of said games and toy guns would not change.
retzie

Post by retzie »

ghetto kitty wrote:okay maybe. but what about first person shooter games? little bit different? plus kids are one thing, adolescents disillusioned with life and thier society full of testosterone is another story.

where does it end?
They are trying to allowed concealed weapons on campus here. It's fucking terrifying.

Guns make me ill. In fact, now cammo makes me ill. Only so many of your students you can see in uniform before it sinks in the children that are being killed out there.

I totally hear you GK :(
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

My house mates and i have nerf guns, they are sick, we put on sunglasses and then run around the house shooting eachother.

Our poor cleaner collects all of the lost ones and lines then up nicely for us on the bench.

All in all good fun.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

deviant wrote:

where does it end?
I played with guns and played FPS games extensively as a teenager. No issue imo. If you are confusing gaming/reality you have some serious issues.. one's that availability of said games and toy guns would not change.
i had real guns when i was younger (shotgun, .410, .22) and also played EPIC amounts of FPS games and i havent killed a real person yet. rabbits on the other hand....
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

water pistols rock. But those back pack water guns were the best. massive water fights and you would be hosed down like a mofo

that nerf gun looks crazy! stelth attacks on the annoying next door neighbour. maybe you should get one for those pesky tradies you have next door GK

kronz - that is well cute of yor cleaner haha funny
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
mecka

Post by mecka »

kronz wrote:My house mates and i have nerf guns, they are sick, we put on sunglasses and then run around the house shooting eachother.

Our poor cleaner collects all of the lost ones and lines then up nicely for us on the bench.

All in all good fun.
Also good for annoying he absolute fuck out of your wasted mates.

When i was growing up in malaysia i had a dirty rag and a stray fleabitten dog to play with. Needless to say said mutt ran off with my rag. It's a comment on how lucky we are in this country to have access to plastic sponge firearms.

:teefnilly:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

to huge and dan - perhaps if you grew up around real guns and they were normalized, as well as playing the games you did, then it would be different. not to mention that the games you guys played years ago are a far cry from the immersive games that are popular now as well.

the situation in the states as opposed to here is opposite ends of the spectrum.

but it affects the world.

retzie - guns on campus = WTF... it IS children going to war over there, not men often. makes me sad.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Bo - if you ever have kids and boys especially read a book called " raising boys " by this guy - http://web.me.com/stevebiddulph/Site_1/Home.html

It actually says playing with guns / tools / cars / most other toys is an integral part in growing up for them and learning. It even says if your boy likes to play with barbie dolls not to worry as thats all part of learning/growing up to.

@ DBoy - you've got years of barbies ahead mate dont kid yourself :P ;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

lol at Oli and Fents funnies
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i understand that. I dont know if i would have an issue with guns per se, but if my kid was going around being violent towards people then i might have a problem with that.

i was asking how you guys feel about it all now that you are parents.

however, dboy is prolly going to need a shotgun to keep the boys away from cute Ivy, so maybe this point is irrelevant.

heheheh
Fents

Post by Fents »

hell yea i know heaps of bad little kids...one kid (1 year old) pinched and kicked asher the other day and ashers only 7 weeks old! the mum goes oh no dont do that......didnt even raise her voice.

i know its cliche but bad kid's are not born bad - its how they are raised.
Last edited by Fents on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retzie

Post by retzie »

ghetto kitty wrote:retzie - guns on campus = WTF...
I know :?. They are trying to make it so that people with concealed carry permits are allowed to pack heat on campus (this is currently illegal, surprisingly.) The argument, I shit you not, is "you can carry a gun to a grocery store or a church - why not a school?"

The gun culture here is so overwhelmingly different, and not just because I'm in a psycho redneck state. Things that would never have bothered me at home, I now find really disturbing. T-shirt with a gun print? No fucken way. I dunno - I guess nerf guns are in that category now too...
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

retzie wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:retzie - guns on campus = WTF...
I know :?. They are trying to make it so that people with concealed carry permits are allowed to pack heat on campus (this is currently illegal, surprisingly.) The argument, I shit you not, is "you can carry a gun to a grocery store or a church - why not a school?"

The gun culture here is so overwhelmingly different, and not just because I'm in a psycho redneck state. Things that would never have bothered me at home, I now find really disturbing. T-shirt with a gun print? No fucken way. I dunno - I guess nerf guns are in that category now too...

man that is well scary
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fents - totally agree its how kids are raised. i guess thats why im trying to ascertain, give them guns but tell them about war? tell them how violence is bad etc etc? as soon as you become a parent i can imagine things that were black and white then become different?

retzie - yup, thats what i read, and the premis was - self defence when someone else pulls a gun. the entire country is calling self defense, but that makes a culture of quick draws imo. i think my fascination with guns came from not being around any when i was there n younger (hippy parents)
and then when i got exposed to guns it was in my rebellious phase so i still have a fascination with them because they represent that time of my life for me or something. but talking with yanks now about how it is there scares the shit out of me. i still love my silver AK i wear almost constantly though :)
mrj

Post by mrj »

Fents wrote:hell yea i know heaps of bad little kids...one kid (1 year old) pinched and kicked asher the other day and ashers only 7 weeks old! the mum goes oh no dont do that......didnt even raise her voice.

i know its cliche but bad kid's are not born bad - its how they are raised.
Heredity + Environment = Personality = Behaviour

So, actually its both, people are in fact born certain ways but are equally shaped by their environment (how they are raised).
mrj

Post by mrj »

Oh, and thanks to the social commentary club for taking a fun thread about the awesomeness of these toy guns and turning it into a thesis on violence in our society. You guys are real party animals.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

gee sorry!

i was enjoying having an interesting conversation/debate on these shit talk boards for the first time in a long time

:P
quick

Post by quick »

DBoy wrote:Watever Fents. Ivy is going to love this stuff cause ill tell her to love it.
fucking LOL!!!
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
quick

Post by quick »

huge wrote:
deviant wrote:

where does it end?
i had real guns when i was younger (shotgun, .410, .22) and also played EPIC amounts of FPS games and i havent killed a real person yet. rabbits on the other hand....
wtf?

:angel13:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

lol i read that and thought the same. ducks from hughbert
click here fo fotos