Osama Bin Laden is Dead.

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Hardy

Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead.

Post by Hardy »

At any rate, I give 2 more days until someone usus Counterstrike code to recreate the entire battle.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

interesting question on HS at the moment:

are you concerned Bin Laden was unarmed when shot?

voting response so far:

Yes 18.43% (179 votes)
No 81.57% (792 votes)
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Surely you'd be more concerned if he was armed? I mean he was a wanted terrorist, and certainly with a weapon would be a cause for concern.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

youthful_implants wrote:Surely you'd be more concerned if he was armed? I mean he was a wanted terrorist, and certainly with a weapon would be a cause for concern.
I think the question they're posing is relating to the killing of an unarmed man.
youthful_implants

Hardy wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:Surely you'd be more concerned if he was armed? I mean he was a wanted terrorist, and certainly with a weapon would be a cause for concern.
I think the question they're posing is relating to the killing of an unarmed man.
he had no arms?
Strontium Music

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

youthful_implants wrote:
Hardy wrote:
he had no arms?
BOOM TISH!
aroes

Post by aroes »

Lizkins wrote:interesting question on HS at the moment:
No such thing

Herald Sun polls are a proven sham. Probably doesn't come as a surprise to most peopler but yeah, they are rigged to the shithouse, sorry to burst your bubble. The question itself might be vaguely meaningful, but any weight given to the results is misguided ignorance. I actually participated in one of my mate's many Herald Sun reader poll rigging experiments and have seen the results first hand. Total lies and yet another reason to blow up the world
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

aroes wrote:
Total lies and yet another reason to blow up the world
Can we start with Canada? Those cunts shit me.
aroes

Post by aroes »

i'm all for it, but we really should take the democratic route and put it to a herald sun readers' poll
youthful_implants

aroes wrote:i'm all for it, but we really should take the democratic route and put it to a herald sun readers' poll
:lol:
Strontium Music

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

aroes wrote:i'm all for it, but we really should take the democratic route and put it to a herald sun readers' poll
Everyone here better select Canada, or i'll bash you
mecka

Post by mecka »

Heh, just like the times 4chan rigged the Jutin Bieber and Miley Cyrus "Where Should I Tour Next?" polls so the results were North Korea and Ethiopa respectively.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Don't hate me for house
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Tony Abbottabad?

i'll get my coat.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

aroes wrote:
No such thing

Herald Sun polls are a proven sham. Probably doesn't come as a surprise to most peopler but yeah, they are rigged to the shithouse, sorry to burst your bubble. The question itself might be vaguely meaningful, but any weight given to the results is misguided ignorance. I actually participated in one of my mate's many Herald Sun reader poll rigging experiments and have seen the results first hand. Total lies and yet another reason to blow up the world

yeah right, i was more shocked they even asked the question really
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

aroes wrote:I actually participated in one of my mate's many Herald Sun reader poll rigging experiments and have seen the results first hand. Total lies and yet another reason to blow up the world
How did he do this experiment?
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
youthful_implants

witty_pseudonym wrote:Image

Tony Abbottabad?

i'll get my coat.
ahahaha
Strontium Music

quick

Post by quick »

police presence here in London is insane... cops everywhere visable at most train stations and tubes... delays an shit... London is at huge risk of retaliation.. lucky i work in the sticks :P
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

EW tony abbot!!!
youthful_implants

quick wrote:police presence here in London is insane... cops everywhere visable at most train stations and tubes... delays an shit... London is at huge risk of retaliation.. lucky i work in the sticks :P
London always was. Tube bombs though eeeek doesn't it scare ya just a little bit? I remember after the last tube bombing I used to get well para on the tubes, especially if I was stoned.

Checking people out, being super suspicious. Essentially burqa spotting, even though thats ridiculous.
Last edited by youthful_implants on Thu May 05, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I would just like to declare.

I am SO HAPPY to be living in Oz right now.

my passport is like gold. i would NOT want to be in the states at all.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

burqa spotting is a bit pointless if you live in whitechapel tho.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i have my own hijab collection for everyone northsyde hahaha
deviant

Post by deviant »

ghetto kitty wrote:In other news, this clip definately worth watching for the media believers out there, but i always watch this stuff the same way I watch michael moore. they are presenting facts in a way to further their agenda too, but at least these guys dont have as much to win or lose as Obama.
I am sad that I now go back to saying "Im ex american" as i did the entire time Bush was in office. SIGH.

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

serious?? that infowarz dude is a fucking psycho... would not take anything he says seriously..... high level whitehouse sources huhuhu
retzie

Post by retzie »

ghetto kitty wrote:i would NOT want to be in the states at all.
For security, or just because these people are fucken mental?

The topic was raised by my boss the other day, who is a very pro-Democrat, lefty American. He could not comprehend my unease about the hunt-kill mission. The only issue the intelligent folk seem to register is that dancing through the streets might not be so flash. Seriously, the actions at the centre of the whole thing are deemed completely fine by EVERYONE :?

Not that you prolly need it in Oz, but here's a very nice article on the US reaction.

My favourite part:
This was not justice, it was an extra-judicial execution. If you shoot a man twice in the head you do not find him guilty. You find him dead.
:scr1pt:
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

retzie wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:i would NOT want to be in the states at all.
For security, or just because these people are fucken mental?
second option. and its not just this current situation. the live to work mentality, the complete loss of civil liberties, the crap food, the traffic, the fact that anywhere i want to live i need 3 times the salary of what i make now to even comprehend that. the fact that most yanks never travel. lots of things.

and dan - i know hes sensationalist as fuck. but you know, i watch a lot of angles and then make up my own mind, something a lot of people dont seem to do anymore.
Last edited by ghetto kitty on Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
youthful_implants

fooishbar wrote:burqa spotting is a bit pointless if you live in whitechapel tho.
haha thats true. You feel a bit left out without one.
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

I thought this assessment was interesting
Human rights lawyer, Geoffrey Robertson has stated bin Laden should have been captured and brought to trial. Imagine the difficulties in bringing bin Laden to trial in the US.

Where would he be incarcerated? Where would he be tried? And would there be 12 jurors in the US prepared to assess his guilt or innocence without prejudice?

The process of a trial and the administration of a sentence – presumably the death penalty – in the event of the determination of bin Laden’s guilt would take at least five years. In the meanwhile a security nightmare not just for the US but for the world would loom every single day.

US President Gerald Ford issued an executive order in 1976, prohibiting the US government from engaging in assassinations. The original ban read: “No employee of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination.”

This order was reinforced under Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Presidents Bill Clinton and George W Bush amended the order to allow for the assassinations of designated terrorists. If President Obama did instruct the mission to assassinate bin Laden, then he acted within those executive orders.

The practical and pragmatic realities are that the best possible outcome was that bin Laden be killed and his body buried at sea at an unknown location.

That is what has occurred. No doubt he will be a martyr to some but a martyred international criminal and mass murderer is always preferable to a live and active international criminal and mass murderer.
http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/ ... bin_laden/
retzie

Post by retzie »

ghetto kitty wrote:second option. and its not just this current situation. the live to work mentality, the complete loss of civil liberties, the crap food, the traffic, the fact that anywhere i want to live i need 3 times the salary of what i make now to even comprehend that. the fact that most yanks never travel. lots of things.

and dan - i know hes sensationalist as fuck. but you know, i watch a lot of angles and then make up my own mind, something a lot of people dont seem to do anymore.
Ah, right, those old chestnuts. I am definitely not in it for the long-haul. It fucken sucks that the one thing they do have right is science funding.

The whole 'civil liberties' thing is such a breathtaking case of irony. Everyone is so insanely against the dreaded Government Involvement in their lives, that they are willing to give up major freedoms to ensure the Government can't get their mitts on anything. This is a side of the American psyche I never had the slightest idea about and I think it is the most insidious.

An example:

The car is seen as a beacon of Freedom and Hope. Any means of transport that is not a car signifies Oppression. Even if having a train would cut your commute/let you get home blind drunk/save money, none of these are seen as personal freedoms. In fact, catching the train at all would be submitting to OPPRESSION BY THE GOVERNMENT. This is how we ended up with states turning down Obama money that was earmarked for high-speed rail links.

Oh and the coffee, WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE COFFEE?!?! :(
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
youthful_implants

FoundationStepper wrote:I thought this assessment was interesting
Human rights lawyer, Geoffrey Robertson has stated bin Laden should have been captured and brought to trial. Imagine the difficulties in bringing bin Laden to trial in the US.

Where would he be incarcerated? Where would he be tried? And would there be 12 jurors in the US prepared to assess his guilt or innocence without prejudice?

The process of a trial and the administration of a sentence – presumably the death penalty – in the event of the determination of bin Laden’s guilt would take at least five years. In the meanwhile a security nightmare not just for the US but for the world would loom every single day.

US President Gerald Ford issued an executive order in 1976, prohibiting the US government from engaging in assassinations. The original ban read: “No employee of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination.”

This order was reinforced under Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Presidents Bill Clinton and George W Bush amended the order to allow for the assassinations of designated terrorists. If President Obama did instruct the mission to assassinate bin Laden, then he acted within those executive orders.

The practical and pragmatic realities are that the best possible outcome was that bin Laden be killed and his body buried at sea at an unknown location.

That is what has occurred. No doubt he will be a martyr to some but a martyred international criminal and mass murderer is always preferable to a live and active international criminal and mass murderer.
http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/ ... bin_laden/
I dont agree bringing him to trial would be successful TBH. I think it would have been as futile and as much of a sham as Saddam Husseins'.

Putting him on trial really would only assume him greater public interest too.
Last edited by youthful_implants on Thu May 05, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

LOL
Oh god. It's Bin Laden. The silly cave who had a bad attitude so went to town. I feel sorry for him because he went the wrong way in life and got confused about what could be the right thing to do. He made a bad attitude choice to impress his friends and then he had to keep going or his friend would say he was an idiot and he flew himself into buildings to make his friend laugh. I have never drawn him before because, but if you draw him he is good to draw because he acts like he is wearing a bed and he has dark eyebrows and is silly with his friends.
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
gnat

Post by gnat »

i really couldn't give a toss that he is dead and i don't understand the dancing in the streets about it either

it's not like offing him has brought a terrorist regime to its knees lol

i'm waiting for today tonight's coverage. totes esteemed reporting
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
youthful_implants

the First Lady's reaction to the news was interesting.

Strontium Music

almax

Post by almax »

"I made this video because I felt like it represented a feeling many Americans shared regarding the brave and daring actions of our service members who tenaciously and doggedly pursued Osama Bin Laden. I feel like it represents something in the collective consciousness of America at that particular moment in time. A cathartic release."

aroes

Post by aroes »

andy_hoffman wrote:
aroes wrote:I actually participated in one of my mate's many Herald Sun reader poll rigging experiments and have seen the results first hand. Total lies and yet another reason to blow up the world
How did he do this experiment?
Not much to it really. Basically just voted online a shitload of times in one day. Like thoudands of times. Deleted cookies from browser so the votes would continue to register. The votes definitely were registering, coz obviously you can watch the progressive total

Last one he did was something like "do you think melbourne's rail network is a total shamozzle". He voted 'no' to stir the pot. Watched the total all day, with the 'no' vote getting out to a ridiculous lead, like 95%-5% or some such garbage. Next morning's paper printed the results as something like 49%-51%

I mean obviously it doesn't categorically prove anything, but after doing this a number of times we're pretty sure that the herald sun is a front for some sort of pagan sect
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Sparing a thought for Bob McIlvaine.

I remember seeing this in 2004. So much information had come to light around that time, it seemed like it would only be a matter of time before everything was known. Instead we realised that nothing would ever be done no matter how much we knew. Maybe a part of me hopes the recent interest in the subject would lead to something but I remain doubtful. Nonetheless, what Bob says here about the importance of the learning process still rings true.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

almax wrote:"I made this video because I felt like it represented a feeling many Americans shared regarding the brave and daring actions of our service members who tenaciously and doggedly pursued Osama Bin Laden. I feel like it represents something in the collective consciousness of America at that particular moment in time. A cathartic release."
omg the comments.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
youthful_implants

Was interesting hearing Tony Abbott on the Today show this morning saying that it wasn't an assassination because bin Laden was a "combatant".

Was bin Laden's killing and burial legal?

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/fe ... 57824.html
Strontium Music

almax

Post by almax »

Lephrenic wrote:Sparing a thought for Bob McIlvaine.

I remember seeing this in 2004. So much information had come to light around that time, it seemed like it would only be a matter of time before everything was known. Instead we realised that nothing would ever be done no matter how much we knew. Maybe a part of me hopes the recent interest in the subject would lead to something but I remain doubtful. Nonetheless, what Bob says here about the importance of the learning process still rings true.
Wow that first bit was gut wrenching, poor guy. :(
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

youthful_implants wrote:Was interesting hearing Tony Abbott on the Today show this morning saying that it wasn't an assassination because bin Laden was a "combatant".

Under US law, yes.

International law, hard to establish.
Don't hate me for house
youthful_implants

JAMESSSS wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:Was interesting hearing Tony Abbott on the Today show this morning saying that it wasn't an assassination because bin Laden was a "combatant".

Under US law, yes.

Yes but they didn't kill him in the US, did they?
Strontium Music

almax

Post by almax »

This was sent to me just now, interesting points brought up mixed in with a bit of crazy.

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

youthful_implants wrote:
JAMESSSS wrote:

Under US law, yes.

Yes but they didn't kill him in the US, did they?
I think US law makes all sorts of sidesteps for assassination of terrorists
Don't hate me for house
youthful_implants

JAMESSSS wrote:
I think US law makes all sorts of sidesteps for assassination of terrorists
that seems pretty obvious really doesn't it! I love how Pakistan are denying all responsibility, it's brilliant. Hearing the Prime Minister talking about how it was not their fault but the fault of the entire International community. :lol:

Hiding Bin Laden would be like trying to hide Brad Pitt on Swanston St. You'd need a lot of help.
Strontium Music

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I heard that Bill Clinton was on Swanston St once and ate two bowls of Pho
Don't hate me for house
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

how many can you eat?
JAMESSSS