Doyle is a Cunt.

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
ghetto kitty

Doyle is a Cunt.

Post by ghetto kitty »

Hi guys! long time no post....

I cam here hoping to find a discussion about the Occupy movement, but it seems as if I truly am in the minority (possibly why i dont post much anymore). Perhaps there was one and it got deleted over heated debate in the last two weeks? Hmm...I guess i'll never know.

however, i'm not here to talk about it and be singled out as the 'revolutionary hippy' as I often have before (G20 comes to mind)
and as I have been quite vocal on crackbook some of you possibly know there has been little shitstorms that in retrospect, were totally valid and worthy and have sorted the 'wheat from the chaff' in my networks, so to speak.

BUT - we all live in Melbourne, we love this city, and in that we are mostly in agreement.

so here's a fantastic rant by one of my favorite writers about Doyle, our lovely Lord Mayor, that I think some people here will enjoy.

http://heathenscripture.wordpress.com/2 ... king-cunt/

(please note, do not read if the word 'cunt" offends you)

:angel13:
youthful_implants

Re: Doyle is a Cunt.

Post by youthful_implants »

I do like Heathen Scripture blog, they is funny.

I understand why people are protesting in Melbourne, but I think they were poorly organised and without a sensible or plausible manifesto.

Very different to the situation in the US tbh, or the UK or Europe. My mate in london sent me this, which made me laugh.

Last edited by youthful_implants on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

im totes not getting into it here - I have learnt from the past! WOW! and the fact that there is no discussion thread says what most people's view is tbh!

but this blog is too good.

:)
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

thats cool. I just feel that a one-day rally or protest with organised speakers and a unified ideology to talk about would have been better than what went down.
Last edited by youthful_implants on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

The fact there is no discussion on it here is by no way reflective of the MB.c views on it. It is refletive of the fact that there is no longer a mb.c community. There are like 20 posts in here a week total GK. no one posts about anything any more. This is my 2nd post in a month....

Stop judging people without the facts. :teef:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

YI - that photo is a crack up. one of the best ones ive seen as a lol. and it may not be that 'bad' here as in the US or Uk or europe, doesnt mean its going to stay that way for very long!

i hear you on the not occupying thing, its proven very hard as doyle has in fact said he wil use the same force anywhere in the city of Melbourne. After the clusterfuck that was saturday, me and a lot of my friends are now looking at other more effective solutions to discussing these ideas than any camping out crap. What works in one place doesnt always work everywhere!

and Dboy - oh i know theres no community! why do you think i left :)
I apologise for assuming that there was still traffic on this site. but even this thread has been up for a few minutes and has 20 views. sooo......my assumption stands!

;)
mrj

Post by mrj »

Actually I think there is no discussion about this because its a very polarising topic and one hell of a can of worms.

tbh I think its best left alone. Everyone has a right to their views, but no need to drag em out here as I think it could get destructive quite quickly.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

ghetto kitty wrote: I cam here hoping to find a discussion about the Occupy movement, but it seems as if I truly am in the minority...
I thought you guys were the 99%? :teef:
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

The criticism that the occupy movement is unfocused and lacks a plausible manifesto has been levelled against it worldwide (particularly by fox news/cnn), not just here, and is sort of missing the point.

I kind of like Rushkoff's perspective: http://www.rushkoff.com/blog/2011/10/26 ... otype.html

I'm out of here before this thing blows up...
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

mrj wrote:Actually I think there is no discussion about this because its a very polarising topic and one hell of a can of worms.

tbh I think its best left alone. Everyone has a right to their views, but no need to drag em out here as I think it could get destructive quite quickly.
agree. not sure why i brought it up in my post tbh. im totes not looking for any more fights!

really wanted to share the doyle thing.

that is all.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

DBoy wrote:It is refletive of the fact that there is no longer a mb.c community.
Yep.

Doyle is still a cunt, though.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

people who used to post here, post on fb now or are just too busy at work, which i fall into
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
DEAN G

Post by DEAN G »

with the current mediums of social media available to us, I now partake in conversations with friends over a coffee for a sense of nostalgia. As for occupy melbourne, I only wish I had enough time on my hands to contribute my actual thoughts with regards to this movement, all though, is it a movement, or a statement?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

and what exactly was the point of that post Deano?
DEAN G

Post by DEAN G »

Direkt wrote:and what exactly was the point of that post Deano?
that even though there is not much dialogue within this forum, some people still occasionally sift through the threads. To me, its aging script seems somewhat nostalgic, yet as it has aged so have most of us on here, and the older I get, the less time I find myself with the ability to contribute to such debates, thus my thoughts on such social subjects are generally left for personal encounters where a more progressive dialogue can be achieved with friends or family as compared to registering my opinion on this site, or even Facebook for that matter, possibly why facebook posts are restricted to a certain amount of characters, as to ensure that conversations can progress faster than that of older script sources such as Melbournebeats, I don't know, maybe someone should ask Mark Zuckerberg?

:smt102
nic

Post by nic »

melbourne beats is dead

/RIPP
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

Lizkins wrote:people who used to post here, post on fb now or are just too busy at work, which i fall into
yeah... busy busy..
fuck FB i hate that shit barely use it either..
twitter is still teh awes