Skylounge @ Black Cat - Special Guest: Dan Mangan (Thurs)

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
lucas
emission reductionist

Skylounge @ Black Cat - Special Guest: Dan Mangan (Thurs)

Post by lucas »

The Skylounge has been working weekly for the over past 2 years, dedicated to a chilled and deep vibe by all things broken.

Whether it be breakbeats, drum and bass, down tempo, broken beat, whatever, as long as it keeps the atomosphere relaxed, you'll hear it at the Skylounge.

While Lynt and Hanh are sipping cocktails from coconuts in Thailand, we've invited Dan Mangan along to Skylounge this week for a special guest appearance.

Expect nothing less than damn fine airborne beats and breaks.

Free!
steiner

Post by steiner »

address please lucas?
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Crap.

Sorry mate. You can tell I don't post promo threads that often.

252 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy

7pm onwards.
eskay

Post by eskay »

I have a thanksgiving dinner to go to on that side of town... might drop in for a bit ;)
Grania

Post by Grania »

Black Cat always the go.

I wonder what Lynt and Hanh and Cuzn Matt are making of each other over in Thailand? I imagine the encounter to be rather amusing...
The greatest consolation in life is to say what one thinks.
- Voltaire
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Grania = Ani ?? :?:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Lynt's holiday emails have been hilarious. I'm sure he wont mind if I publish an excerpt of my favourite one on this board ...

---
17th November 2004 : Koh Pi Pi, Southern Thailand :
Anyone order a serve of Roasted Lynt

I can barely write to you my friends.... for I am the victim of the sun, yes indeed, I'm absolutely roasted.

Lobster like, even.

Forget caveman dipped in tomato sauce, I am the whole bottle of savoury delight.

Ouch.

I was in the sun for like 2 hours and now I'm the laughing stock of the island paradiso known as Ko Pi-Pi.

You all must come back with us... this is what paradise really is. Crystal clear sky blue water, fish swimming around you, immaculate white beaches and amazing views of island mountain tops and the horizon..... ahhh..

The last few days have been insane. Sunday night we ventured into the red light district of Patong on Phuket for a few beers. Kris and I decided to stop at the quietest bar on the strip (all the bars are outside, and the shows are inside, by the way). We played all sorts of games to keep us interested, got our arses kicked at connect four, for example...

Anyway, the next night we went and checked out some Muay Thai boxing.. there were kids as young as 8 years old in the ring having it out with each other. I didnt know to feel entertained or shocked.

Pretty good to watch from ring side.

After the fights we went back to the red light so Kris could attempt to pursuede said friend to come to Ko Pi-Pi with us.

She declined the offer, but to our amazment who did we see on the ferry to Ko Pi Pi the next day? This girl left her job, didnt tell them where she was going, got her mum to babysit her child, and bought her own ticket to come along with us.... we were pretty amazed at the amount of trouble she went to to come along.

So we've had company again by random locals... we've seen some Mauy Thai, I got sunburnt in 2 hours on island paradiso and we have just over a week to go.

--
crazy kid. he'll need a holiday when he gets home :D
Grania

Post by Grania »

breaksRbest wrote:Grania = Ani ?? :?:
not Ani, but possibly Ari.
The greatest consolation in life is to say what one thinks.
- Voltaire
lucas
emission reductionist

Late Announcement

Post by lucas »

Late Announcement

Dan Mangan is not able to make it to Black Cat tonight. =(
lynt

Post by lynt »

rude.
lucas
emission reductionist