bomb threat

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
DBoy

bomb threat

Post by DBoy »

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 68106.html

I am not saying it is the wrong thing to do, I am not sure what is.
BUT!

What a world we live in when we have to close down the city every time some toss forgets his/her bag!?!

Are they winning?
Fents

Post by Fents »

Dont know if there winning or not.

Better to be safe than sorry tho - If that was a bomb and it did go off and no one called it in we would look like dicks.

I'd rather close the city everytime than one day have 300ppl lying there with their heads blown off.

Just like these new laws the can search/detain anyone - Harsh Law but we are in harsh times.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

dude.. i work right across the road from the US embassy.... starting to scare the shit out of me.

Everytime the chopper leaves the roof of the Alfred i shit myself..... living in fear not good :?
mkultra

Post by mkultra »

stovequeen wrote:dude.. i work right across the road from the US embassy.... starting to scare the shit out of me.

Everytime the chopper leaves the roof of the Alfred i shit myself..... living in fear not good :?
I agree, I think I work to closely to the stock exchange....
I could eat alphabet soup and shit better lyrics
Riz-One

Post by Riz-One »

they are winning without a doubt after something like that...

where do you draw the line though?

I dont think i'd get suspicious of somethning like that, thats just people going nuts, a fkn cooler bag..

im so lucky i didnt drive to uni this way today.. i hate traffic jams :x
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Fents wrote:Dont know if there winning or not.
right, or even if it is a matter of winning. Agree on better safe than sorry attitude, still shits me though.
Shits me that we live in fear. Like it or not, people that work or live close to stock exchanges or embassys think about, and are worried about, the possible threat.
calstro

Post by calstro »

Heard it this morn....

the PEACE BOMB!

Someone playing funny buggers me thinks...

But yes... Melbournians are certainly toey at the mo....

A van on fire down at Studley Park boat sheds the other morning also prompted a terrorist alert and subsequent investigation.

Come now... who the fuck is gonna conduct a terrorist attack at the studley park boats sheds at 3am???

Time for some common sense to come back into the equation.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

Fents wrote:Dont know if there winning or not.
i think our government's winning. they can ram through laws that curtail citizens' rights without much debate... fucks like howard masturbate over that.

i think these laws will be misapplied just like in the US, where they are used to keep minorities like muslims in fear and to stifle dissent. very little of it is about protecting people, in my opinion.

remember that brazilian guy in the aftermath of the london bombings who was shot dead for running in a coat? harsh times, maybe, but that's overdoing it by about a mile and a half.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

mkultra wrote:
stovequeen wrote:dude.. i work right across the road from the US embassy.... starting to scare the shit out of me.

I agree, I think I work to closely to the stock exchange....
I'm on the 7th floor next to the stock exchange across the road from the rialto.

If shit goes down I go down too I suppose.
Don't hate me for house
Fents

Post by Fents »

valuetime wrote:
remember that brazilian guy in the aftermath of the london bombings who was shot dead for running in a coat? harsh times, maybe, but that's overdoing it by about a mile and a half.
Agreed that shit was fucked up.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

cab driver was ranting and raving about terror and risk and media and shit last night.. over it :?

way to bring down a good night :twisted:

fuktard refused to change to FM...grrrrr :x
Last edited by stovequeen on Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

calstro wrote:Heard it this morn....

the PEACE BOMB!

Someone playing funny buggers me thinks...

But yes... Melbournians are certainly toey at the mo....

A van on fire down at Studley Park boat sheds the other morning also prompted a terrorist alert and subsequent investigation.

Come now... who the fuck is gonna conduct a terrorist attack at the studley park boats sheds at 3am???

Time for some common sense to come back into the equation.
Agreed Cal.

But i agree with Fents on the better to be safe than sorry, but i def don't want Australia turning into America with their scare tactic bullshit. I still like being able to say hello to my fellow man while walking down the street without the person flipping out or whatever aye. crap times
calstro

Post by calstro »

valuetime wrote:i think these laws will be misapplied just like in the US, where they are used to keep minorities like muslims in fear and to stifle dissent. very little of it is about protecting people, in my opinion.
I think they already have misused the previous ASIO laws... not to mention what they will be able to do soon...

Recently they deported that 35yo US Teacher for apparently teaching how to demonstrate. (He say it was all non violent methods... they reckon he said something about throwing marbles under police horses.. either way... come on!!!! WTF indeed... thank fck they cant deport me)

Australian are generally so apathetic about all this shit.... we wont kick up until we're a fckn Police state. Then it will be too late.
Fents

Post by Fents »

stovequeen wrote:cab driver was ranting and raving about terror and risk and media and shit last night.. over it :?

Hahaha if a cabbie wont change tunes to want i want i'll get out and get another. Customers always right Fiwi ;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

calstro

Post by calstro »

Fents wrote:
stovequeen wrote:cab driver was ranting and raving about terror and risk and media and shit last night.. over it :?

Hahaha if a cabbie wont change tunes to want i want i'll get out and get another. Customers always right Fiwi ;)
We threw in a mix cd in one cab.... he loved it.... so we left it with him...
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Fents wrote:

me too, but when ones company is a little wasted and it would be a royal pain in the arse to try get another cab.. one grins and bears it...

I sometimes tell cabbies to play cd's.. hehe, they love it :D
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Spherix

Post by Spherix »

dont be afraid of terrorists, its what they want.
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
quick

Post by quick »

Spherix wrote:dont be afraid of terrorists, its what they want.
just cos you're safe in Ballerat :P
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
calstro

Post by calstro »

lol

Ballarat is a major centre.... they could be targeted...
dust

Post by dust »

I was at my train station the other day and saw a bag sitting on the platform that didn't belong to anyone and found myself walking right to the other end of the platform (like that would make a difference if it was a bomb :roll: )

Turns out that it belonged to a fellow who had wandered off, but it really highlighted to me that I have been affected by what I have seen in the media and I lived in Israel for a year!!

I was hardly ever scared there because the Israelis have totally adopted the mentality that you have to keep on living your life and what is going to happen, will happen. There is no sense being careless, but when you find yourself looking over your shoulder, then you are living in fear.
calstro

Post by calstro »

dust wrote:
There is no sense being careless, but when you find yourself looking over your shoulder, then you are living in fear.
True true...

I'm more scared of the bloody bird flu than I am of a terrorist attack.

And the likelihood is much greater too....

YAY!
CoB

Post by CoB »

there was smoke surrounding us this morning.. i can still smell it.. but seeing as i couldnt see a fire i wasnt terribly worried.
having all my record and computer burnt in a bush fire worry me more than the threat of terrorists. im never close to mass amounts of people to have to worry about it :lol:
plus i live in brisbane.. i doubt that if a bomb went off in brisbane anyone would really take much notice.. people are stupid and made of cheese. eat them all before they go moldy
mecka

Post by mecka »

fuck living in fear. if it happens, it happens why worry yourselves about it?
CoB

Post by CoB »

I just read what i said again..
what the fuck? i seriously dont remember writing that last part.
oh dear..
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

CoB wrote:I just read what i said again..
what the fuck? i seriously dont remember writing that last part.
oh dear..
you better get that checked out CoB, its sounds like you have mrj :P
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

calstro wrote:
dust wrote:
There is no sense being careless, but when you find yourself looking over your shoulder, then you are living in fear.
True true...

I'm more scared of the bloody bird flu than I am of a terrorist attack.

And the likelihood is much greater too....

YAY!
I hate the way the world has become.

I've even started to get away more from eating chicken and meat these days....

Soon we are all going to be wearing gasmasks because we will even have fear of the air we breathe!

Another depression may be on its way if the prices in food and petrol keep rising....

What if, what if....

(sorry just ranting)[/i]
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:fuck living in fear. if it happens, it happens why worry yourselves about it?
:script: