JOBS

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:16 pm

deejaypcp wrote:Nice one kitty.
That place you're leaving is evil, in a kinda weird good way.
Still evil though.
I wouldn't mind something to do other than walk the dog, go op-shopping, mix and talk shit on the internet during the week.
Something along the lines of what Blaxter wants would be excellent.


Werd/ hope it rocks for ya GK.
ANd PCP maybe we could job share - I'm up for a bit of mixing and dog walking. lol

User avatar
deejaypcp
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:58 pm

Re: JOBS

Post by deejaypcp » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Cool man.
You know subby? Mal's dog?
I could do a few days before the 17th when I'm going on two weeks holidays. Then I can do a few days a fortnight or something. Sounds like your job doesn't it?

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:33 pm

deejaypcp wrote:Cool man.
You know subby? Mal's dog?
I could do a few days before the 17th when I'm going on two weeks holidays. Then I can do a few days a fortnight or something. Sounds like your job doesn't it?


I love Subby. doesn't everyone who knows him?

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by ghetto kitty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 pm

PCP and blaxter mobile DJ/dog walking and forum heckling service...i can see the hand drawn
footescray pole posters now.....

or you can go promote for naked age ;)

User avatar
Smile on Impact
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Collingwood
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Smile on Impact » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:55 pm

would love something else to do. I only need about 20-30 hours a week.
Working for the man is killing me.
I'd love to get a job in my field. something a bit more music related.
new years resolution me thinks.

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:03 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:PCP and blaxter mobile DJ/dog walking and forum heckling service...i can see the hand drawn
footescray pole posters now.....

or you can go promote for naked age ;)


I reckon we could stick up poseters whilst walking the dog.

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by ghetto kitty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 pm

arlo, i think you would be ace at working in the moosic industry man.
you have the musical knowledge across mediums and genres, you have the excitement that is nessecary, and are a great communicator..both verbal and online...

id be a reference for ya if you find something, however the last six months has shown me that websites and papers are pretty much useless when it comes to looking for work in music...artshub has some stuff, but its all corporate high end bullshite often...

good luck, tis a good resolution to do more of what you love, no matter what it is!

User avatar
spiral
Posts: 2622
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by spiral » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:13 pm


User avatar
Smile on Impact
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Collingwood
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Smile on Impact » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Cheers' Bo.

You're a good egg :)

NakedAge
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: JOBS

Post by NakedAge » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:PCP and blaxter mobile DJ/dog walking and forum heckling service...i can see the hand drawn
footescray pole posters now.....

or you can go promote for naked age ;)


Not with that resume sorry.

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 am

NakedAge wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:PCP and blaxter mobile DJ/dog walking and forum heckling service...i can see the hand drawn
footescray pole posters now.....

or you can go promote for naked age ;)


Not with that resume sorry.


No resume provided. I don't do mix CD's either. lol

User avatar
witty_pseudonym
Posts: 11779
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:53 am
Location: betwixt and between

Re: JOBS

Post by witty_pseudonym » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:12 pm

...

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:36 pm



Needs more bars for drowning sorrows and less swimming activity.

User avatar
Lizkins
Junior Vice President
Posts: 17099
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Never never land

Re: JOBS

Post by Lizkins » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm

what a random thing to say, who the fuck wouldn't want that job. mad not too....
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos

User avatar
deviant
Posts: 18211
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: couch
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by deviant » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:03 pm

get fucked liz

User avatar
Lizkins
Junior Vice President
Posts: 17099
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Never never land

Re: JOBS

Post by Lizkins » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:15 pm

:? what the fuck Dan
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos

User avatar
kronz
Posts: 5881
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:57 am
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Re: JOBS

Post by kronz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Ban
GO CATS! GO CATS!

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Lizkins wrote:what a random thing to say, who the fuck wouldn't want that job. mad not too....


you talking to me.

the ultimate job for me would involve mostly drinking and fuck all swimming.

User avatar
Lizkins
Junior Vice President
Posts: 17099
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Never never land

Re: JOBS

Post by Lizkins » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 pm

yep i was, maybe you could negotiate the terms with them. though snorkelling would be well wicked around that area.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Maybe jsut do old skool bucket skulls where a mate holds your head down in a bucket half full of beer and you drink until you run out of breath.

User avatar
Lizkins
Junior Vice President
Posts: 17099
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Never never land

Re: JOBS

Post by Lizkins » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 pm

are fish in the bucket?
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Lizkins wrote:are fish in the bucket?


fish are either in the fish tank or paper wrapepr with the chups

User avatar
deviant
Posts: 18211
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: couch
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by deviant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:15 pm

sorry liz, just wanted to see how you'd react

gave me lulz :lol:

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:25 pm

I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....

User avatar
deviant
Posts: 18211
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: couch
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by deviant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:31 pm

hopefully

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:34 pm

And then breaks really will be dead if you and LE are banned from MB.com

User avatar
J0rdz
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Melburn
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by J0rdz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:53 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:id be a reference for ya if you find something, however the last six months has shown me that websites and papers are pretty much useless when it comes to looking for work in music...artshub has some stuff, but its all corporate high end bullshite often...

Have found that this is the case in the IT industry too. I recently finished an IT degree at uni, and have been on the lookout for a graduate's position and/or entry level job for the past 6 months, and it has been sooooo hard sourcing possible jobs. Haven't been picky or anything, just want to get some experience in any area of IT, so i have that experience as most positions require 2+ years experience, yet there's no one hiring to give you that experience. Catch 22. :(

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by ghetto kitty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Blaxter wrote:I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....


:lol:

yeah jordz, i think its prolly across many industries...
it sucks that they wont give you a first job, how you supposed to get any experience?!

User avatar
J0rdz
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Melburn
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by J0rdz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:24 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:yeah jordz, i think its prolly across many industries...
it sucks that they wont give you a first job, how you supposed to get any experience?!

Truth! Really gets you jaded after endlessly applying for jobs :(

User avatar
Lizkins
Junior Vice President
Posts: 17099
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Never never land

Re: JOBS

Post by Lizkins » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:02 pm

deviant wrote:sorry liz, just wanted to see how you'd react

gave me lulz :lol:



i was confused for about 10 seconds, then decided you were being a twat and then did some work.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos

User avatar
Lizkins
Junior Vice President
Posts: 17099
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Never never land

Re: JOBS

Post by Lizkins » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Blaxter wrote:I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....




ahhh man you guys are just too funny, seriously side splitting, where do you come up with this stuff?
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by ghetto kitty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:07 pm

hey jordz, maybe you should try some of the IT places that do training too etc...
like infoxchange in abbotsford...?
im sure there are others...but tis not my area of expertise at all

i say if you cant get work in your chosen area and you know you have skills, offer yourself up as an unpaid volunteer for a few days/days a week and show them what you are capable of?

my theory is companies like people who show initiative, so maybe thats a way to get your foot in the door?

User avatar
Blaxter
Posts: 7050
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Cuba
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Blaxter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Lizkins wrote:
Blaxter wrote:I bet Liz PM'd all the mods who will call lynt at 2Am and arrange to ban you.....




ahhh man you guys are just too funny, seriously side splitting, where do you come up with this stuff?

User avatar
mrj
Posts: 13377
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:07 am
Location: the Penski file

Re: JOBS

Post by mrj » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:25 pm

J0rdz wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:id be a reference for ya if you find something, however the last six months has shown me that websites and papers are pretty much useless when it comes to looking for work in music...artshub has some stuff, but its all corporate high end bullshite often...

Have found that this is the case in the IT industry too. I recently finished an IT degree at uni, and have been on the lookout for a graduate's position and/or entry level job for the past 6 months, and it has been sooooo hard sourcing possible jobs. Haven't been picky or anything, just want to get some experience in any area of IT, so i have that experience as most positions require 2+ years experience, yet there's no one hiring to give you that experience. Catch 22. :(


Just the environment at the moment mate. IT is quite project based so the IT labour market tends to contract quite heavily in an environment like the one we have at the moment. Additonally grad recruiting programs tend to get seriously trimmed in this sort of environment too.

So being an IT Grad is double punch in the nose.

If its any consolation the environment was like this when I was a fresh grad too. Falling equity markets and everyone trimming costs. Grad market was so fucked that the job I did end up getting I first had to battle 1500 other grads for it (1500 grad applications for 3 roles). Altho I'm not IT.

BUT things wille eventaully bounce and get easier, in the mean time I know its prob not your first choice but the best place to start will be helpdesk/deskside jobs. These jobs are always required because users are always and will always be dumb and need help.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.

User avatar
J0rdz
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Melburn
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by J0rdz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:45 pm

mrj wrote:
J0rdz wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:id be a reference for ya if you find something, however the last six months has shown me that websites and papers are pretty much useless when it comes to looking for work in music...artshub has some stuff, but its all corporate high end bullshite often...

Have found that this is the case in the IT industry too. I recently finished an IT degree at uni, and have been on the lookout for a graduate's position and/or entry level job for the past 6 months, and it has been sooooo hard sourcing possible jobs. Haven't been picky or anything, just want to get some experience in any area of IT, so i have that experience as most positions require 2+ years experience, yet there's no one hiring to give you that experience. Catch 22. :(


Just the environment at the moment mate. IT is quite project based so the IT labour market tends to contract quite heavily in an environment like the one we have at the moment. Additonally grad recruiting programs tend to get seriously trimmed in this sort of environment too.

So being an IT Grad is double punch in the nose.

If its any consolation the environment was like this when I was a fresh grad too. Falling equity markets and everyone trimming costs. Grad market was so fucked that the job I did end up getting I first had to battle 1500 other grads for it (1500 grad applications for 3 roles). Altho I'm not IT.

BUT things wille eventaully bounce and get easier, in the mean time I know its prob not your first choice but the best place to start will be helpdesk/deskside jobs. These jobs are always required because users are always and will always be dumb and need help.

Yeah, have started to notice that. Been trying to move away from the helpdesk jobs, but lookin like i might have to bite the bullet. Although, with that said, most of the helpdesk positions i have come across ask for a minimum of 2 years experience - AGAIN the experience shafts me :(


ghetto kitty wrote:hey jordz, maybe you should try some of the IT places that do training too etc...
like infoxchange in abbotsford...?
im sure there are others...but tis not my area of expertise at all

i say if you cant get work in your chosen area and you know you have skills, offer yourself up as an unpaid volunteer for a few days/days a week and show them what you are capable of?

my theory is companies like people who show initiative, so maybe thats a way to get your foot in the door?

Have had a quick squiz at some of the IT training places - but iv been at uni for the last 4 years and not really that interested in heading somewhere for more training, unless it was on the job or paid.
Great idea about offering to volunteer - hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the advice guys. Tis muchly appreciated!
Just got a call back for a Web Assistant Job @ Clive Peters. Not much, but might be that foot in the door. Fingers crossed. :)

NakedAge
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: JOBS

Post by NakedAge » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm

wanna work in a hardware factory with me? You can swear heaps :D

User avatar
J0rdz
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Melburn
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by J0rdz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 pm

NakedAge wrote:wanna work in a hardware factory with me? You can swear heaps :D

Thanks man, but my current job has heaps of swearing leeway!

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by ghetto kitty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:12 pm

J0rdz wrote:Have had a quick squiz at some of the IT training places - but iv been at uni for the last 4 years and not really that interested in heading somewhere for more training, unless it was on the job or paid.
Great idea about offering to volunteer - hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the advice guys. Tis muchly appreciated!
Just got a call back for a Web Assistant Job @ Clive Peters. Not much, but might be that foot in the door. Fingers crossed. :)


oh i meant that those types of places often take on new graduates, not that you should go get more training! ;)

good luck with clive peters! e....e...easy!

NakedAge
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: JOBS

Post by NakedAge » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:13 pm

i love swearing at work :D Im shit at my day job. Its hilarious to watch tho. Like, imagine mr bean with a fork lift, and your there :D

User avatar
J0rdz
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Melburn
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by J0rdz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:21 pm

ghetto kitty wrote:
J0rdz wrote:Have had a quick squiz at some of the IT training places - but iv been at uni for the last 4 years and not really that interested in heading somewhere for more training, unless it was on the job or paid.
Great idea about offering to volunteer - hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the advice guys. Tis muchly appreciated!
Just got a call back for a Web Assistant Job @ Clive Peters. Not much, but might be that foot in the door. Fingers crossed. :)


oh i meant that those types of places often take on new graduates, not that you should go get more training! ;)

good luck with clive peters! e....e...easy!

Gotcha. And thanks for the luck. Should be interesting going for an interview at Mr Peters! hahaha

User avatar
spiral
Posts: 2622
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by spiral » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 am

jobs at JMC for sound ppl

got these in my inbox from seek
might be of interest to some of you


AUDIO ENGINEERING AND SOUND LECTURERS WANTED
http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.as ... D=14735231

AUDIO ENGINEERING & SOUND PRODUCTION - Head of Department
http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index.as ... D=14734964

User avatar
10.15
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: 3003

Re: JOBS

Post by 10.15 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 am

Employers shed 44,000 full-time jobs in December as companies reduce payrolls to weather the weakening economy.

http://business.theage.com.au/business/massive-drop-in-fulltime-jobs-20090115-7hdk.html

Bloody hell thats massive.

Yet the jobless figure only went up to 4.5% from 4.4%...

How?

Full-time employment dropped by 44,000 to 7,640,200 while part time positions soared 42,800 to 3,102,200, bringing the net loss of jobs to 1200.


:roll:
Sat 1st May: TREVOR LOVEYS (UK)
Sun 30th May: OXIA (8BIT RECS - FRANCE)
http://the-late-show.blogspot.com/
Image

User avatar
shepherd
Posts: 2836
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:13 am
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by shepherd » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm

you'll find with the unemployment rate % the figure is somewhat tweaked. In addition to what 10:15 mentioned above as well as other ways they define the pool of people who are looking for work.

User avatar
shepherd
Posts: 2836
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:13 am
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by shepherd » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:30 pm

more

Unemployment is not a precise concept. This is true even in countries, such as Australia, where most production of goods and services is done through the formal economy, and most people work for wages. Australia adopts the standard international definition of unemployment: people are unemployed if they did not work for at least one (paid) hour in the previous week, were actively seeking work and were able to accept a job in the next week if it were available. The definition makes it clear where the imprecisions arise.

People are asked in a telephone survey whether they worked for pay for at least one hour in the previous week. Those who worked in the ‘black’ economy are unlikely to respond truthfully to this question. People who really do want to work, but have given up actively looking for a job, are excluded from the measure of unemployment. This gives government the opportunity (and many have taken advantage of this) to reduce the measured level of unemployment by providing a small welfare payment that takes people out of the workforce. My last point is that a person is counted as being employed (hence not unemployed) if she or he has worked :angry3: for an hour or more in the previous week.

There is world of difference between working one hour or 40 hours per week, in terms of both effort and income. The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has responded to this last point by constructing measures of under-employment, as well as of unemployment.

User avatar
FunkyJ
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Now of Melbourne
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by FunkyJ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Krome Melbourne have positions for testers.

It's full time, but we can only guarantee 3 months work.

PM Me for details.
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-

User avatar
ghetto kitty
Posts: 13155
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by ghetto kitty » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:19 pm

FunkyJ wrote:Krome Melbourne have positions for testers.


testing the quality of different spray paints to see how high they get you?





:teef:

Scholtzy
Posts: 1897
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: 3206
Contact:

Re: JOBS

Post by Scholtzy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:55 am

Still after a casual job. Seems like now really is a bad time to be looking for a job. :tard:

User avatar
Friday
Posts: 5371
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: JOBS

Post by Friday » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 pm

anyone know an experienced receptionist / office admin-er?

User avatar
Stray
Posts: 6092
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: in and out and round about

Re: JOBS

Post by Stray » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Friday wrote:anyone know an experienced receptionist / office admin-er?


I know an office admin/Personal Assistant who is looking for work

User avatar
Friday
Posts: 5371
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:05 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: JOBS

Post by Friday » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:27 pm

get em to let me know if they're interested in something full time...

Post Reply