Infusion - six feet above yesterday

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Polecat

Infusion - six feet above yesterday

Post by Polecat »

who's had a listen to this album? i admit i got it pre-release and have only just had a listen :oops: but i'm not sure i'm digging it. waaay rock n roll with all these old sounding musical references and warped sounding synth eg "rattlewasp".

i did like "love and imitation" though, a slow melodic number.

i'll have to see if it grows on me, but it sure is confirming that my heart belongs to the Breed. BASS & BEATS is where it's at.
JAMESSSS

Re: Infusion - six feet above yesterday

Post by JAMESSSS »

Polecat wrote:who's had a listen to this album? i admit i got it pre-release and have only just had a listen :oops: but i'm not sure i'm digging it. waaay rock n roll with all these old sounding musical references and warped sounding synth eg "rattlewasp".

i did like "love and imitation" though, a slow melodic number.

i'll have to see if it grows on me, but it sure is confirming that my heart belongs to the Breed. BASS & BEATS is where it's at.
I saw them for the first time @ Evil Nine and really wasn't into it at all.
Don't hate me for house
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

i like seeing them live, but thats a different vibe to this album.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

to be honest, I'm not really feelin' it. had a few listens and just thought it was boring and poppy.

a whole different ball game when Live though
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

giving it semi - 2nd listen now. found another very ambient song i liked "daylight hours" but then they started singing and ruined it. "Invisible" sounds like a poppy slow number. Rather strange with all its strings and soft-pop vocals.

I cant talk about this over at RA because Melbourne #2 RA girl Beckie would bash me :P :twisted:
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

i like it if i skip 'girls can be cruel'.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

now didnt that one win them the aria?? :S
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

yeah, i don't really dig the monotony of it. but the rest of the album's cool.
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

Gave this one a fair play, and still think it doesn't match up to Phrases and Numbers.. Love and Imitiation is brilliant, but the vocal tracks dont seem as strong as the last album, Meant to Be and Legacy. same with Brb, live's another story.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I've got Phrases and Numbers and I think it's definately more my style than the new album. If I remember rightly Phrases was said to be recorded as a "rush job", a push to get something out and the music isnt super slick. But it does have a heap of energy to it, that is a lot more like their live shows. This new album has the whole approach of songs that go further than a dance single, but the package doesnt leave me loving it.

good to hear your opinion on it blueprint!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

I don't really rate the album to be honest, but I'll see 'em live anyday. Absolutely smashed it at Room 680 or whatever it's called now.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

its still called room680 :)