Health

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
DBoy

Health

Post by DBoy »

I eat a lot of hot chips.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

:lol:

I stopped smoking on Sunday
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I am always on the straight and narrow.
Don't hate me for house
mecka

Post by mecka »

Health - who needs it.
dust

Post by dust »

your mum
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

i like beer, smoking and good food.

I dont play sport or exercise, except at a party which in that case i will dance.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Ride a bike.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

I've been unable to shake a virus since before christmas
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I've ran 5 times in the last week - big ups to New Years reso's.... :D
dust

Post by dust »

quiet roar wrote:I've been unable to shake a virus since before christmas
Vitamin C.

Seriously i used to get sick all the time, loads of viruses, colds and flus. Now I take 3000mg of vitamin C a day and i hardly ever get sick and if I do I shake it in a day!

Also exercise is good.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Blackmores Garlic + Horseradish tablets to combat hayfever.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

dust wrote:
Vitamin C.

Seriously i used to get sick all the time, loads of viruses, colds and flus. Now I take 3000mg of vitamin C a day and i hardly ever get sick and if I do I shake it in a day!

Also exercise is good.
echinacea, garlic and zinc work wonders. was taking them all during winter and didn't get sick once.
gnat

Post by gnat »

I smoke, drink red wine every night and am often a shonk on the weekends. This year I plan to derail with less frequency and less intensity. No more mashing on and wasting the entire weekend.

During the week, good fresh organic food, drink tonnes of water and try to get at least 7 hours sleep a night.

I'm due for health check up including dentist :?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Recovering from a scorching case of gastro at the mo', hence lack of input in MJ. But check this out...

http://www.realage.com/reg/regvar/st1.aspx?mod=LONGFORM

I'm a bit depressed by my results, but hey, that's what you get for eating crap and not exercising.

Good luck y'all :wink:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
deviant

Post by deviant »

gnat wrote:I'm due for health check up including dentist :?
:scr1pt:

I'm sure I had a little piece of tooth fall out yesterday :shock:

I have trouble getting out of bed before 12 (mainly because I stay up so late). I have trouble maintaining a healthy appetite. My eating patterns are highly irregular. My weekends (and sometimes my weekdays :oops:) are about as shonky as you get. I got a lot of work to do on this at the moment. I've never been into exercising. I don't even really dance like I used to anymore. I'm not getting any younger and my body is not going to be able to handle this behaviour forever. This makes me depressed :(
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

God you have to be so careful about eating correctly, at the right times and so on...there are so many cases of adult onset diabetes it's not funny that go on undiagnosed for ages. My ex copped a bad case of it herself, she gets blood sugar attacks at around 6pm every night...so for 1 1/2 hours she's a right cow until she gets some food into her. I've probably got a mild case of it myself, but I'm trying to be better than I was in terms of my eating habits. And exercise as well, very bloody important, I've recently taken up swimming almost every night...it's gold!
Allons-y!
Lephrenic

You are what you eat

Post by Lephrenic »

thedoctorwithin.com is a site I recommend everyone check out. Can't say I agree with all of this guy's theories but there's a lot in there that's good to know. These chapters are particularly worth reading:

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... tamins.php

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... gevity.php

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... f_life.php

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... /water.php
deviant

Post by deviant »

for example.... I have not eaten today yet. I have had a glass of OJ which is one of my favourite things in the world :smt049
Last edited by deviant on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
witty_pseudonym

i ran for the tram yesterday.
drum & bass

Post by drum & bass »

My lanyard is entangled in your bollards.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

some of the healthiest eaters I know, the ones who take extra care of themselves and watch what they eat and take all the fancy schmancy vitamins are also the same people who are most often sick.
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

drum & bass wrote:My lanyard is entangled in your bollards.
ROFL !! :lol: :lol:
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

health to me means being able to go to sleep soon after i go to bed, being able to get up in the morning at a regular time, eating 3 meals a day, drinking plenty of water, and taking nice satisfying shits.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
gnat

Post by gnat »

You should have an annual health check. Should definately include:

Blood pressure
Fasting Cholesterol and Glucose (diabetic screen)
PAP test for chicks/ sexual health check for everyone

at the very least

If you smoke.. the BP and Chol are very important especially if there is a family history of high blood pressure or elevated cholesterol. If you smoke and are on the Pill, you should stop one or the other PRONTO.

People as young as 25 coming to us with strokes and I am deadly fucking serious. Same health checks apply to heart health also- two birds with one stone. :D
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
scotty woo hoo

Post by scotty woo hoo »

spirolena keeps me goin
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Did the Petey Bear give you the aids, too? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jus kiddin...
I hear what Gnat is sayin ^^... I have a mate in Byron, only just 24 & a dad, had a heart-attack late last year... :shock: :shock:
Couldn't Fuckin believe it, but saw him on New Years, & sure enough, it's true. Granted, he has been a heavy smoker/drinker/etc. since the age of 15, but still that's fuckin scary...

So here are some slogans to shout at each other in the quest for physical, mental & spiritual wellbeing....

"Check yo'self, before you wreck yo'self.... mofo"
"The only way is up, yeah baby, it's you & me now..."
"Displace yo face with grace, I don't wanna be trace-in you in the morning"
"Currant buns for tea!?...." (quote from Specials 'Too Much, Too Young")

feel free to add to these....
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

gnat wrote:You should have an annual health check. Should definately include:

Blood pressure

at the very least

If you smoke.. the BP and Chol are very important especially if there is a family history of high blood pressure or elevated cholesterol. If you smoke and are on the Pill, you should stop one or the other PRONTO.

People as young as 25 coming to us with strokes and I am deadly fucking serious. Same health checks apply to heart health also- two birds with one stone. :D
i gets all that checked Natty, actually twice yearly just to be safe (with the blood pressure and stuff that is, no need for the others - safe as fuck :wink: ) :D nice one, so i am doing the right thing. except the pill and smoking one, what is with that Nat? I seriously have not had it explained to me so i refuse to abide. please explain :D

i do manage to piss off my doctors often with how good my blood pressure etc is. Supposedly with how much i smoke and eat crap food it should be bad, but it aint :? we have a history of it in the family too... :?
witty_pseudonym

Lizkins wrote:

Blood pressure

at the very least

i gets all that checked Natty, actually twice yearly just to be safe (with the blood pressure and stuff that is, no need for the others - safe as fuck :wink: ) :D nice one, so i am doing the right thing. except the pill and smoking one, what is with that Nat? I seriously have not had it explained to me so i refuse to abide. please explain :D
i've been warned against the smoking & pill combo. apparently very bad for your heart or something (?). that was one of the reasons i gave up the fags...as well as a niggling health problem that they can only link to smoking at the moment.

so yeah lizzo...one or the other they reckon babe.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

Blood pressure

at the very least

i've been warned against the smoking & pill combo. apparently very bad for your heart or something (?). that was one of the reasons i gave up the fags...as well as a niggling health problem that they can only link to smoking at the moment.

so yeah lizzo...one or the other they reckon babe.
pregnancy vs smoking (which i still enjoy vs heart problem (which has arisen yet.

i am actually being honest in saying, i am sticking with the pill and smoking. Is there another contraception that is better? A part from condoms that doesn't cause heart problems?
witty_pseudonym

there's that implant thingum the shove in your arm?

dunno if it fucks with you ticker though.
Kilgore_Trout

Post by Kilgore_Trout »

breaksRbest wrote:some of the healthiest eaters I know, the ones who take extra care of themselves and watch what they eat and take all the fancy schmancy vitamins are also the same people who are most often sick.
"I drink and smoke. Some people don't drink. Don't smoke. Some people they don't eat butter. No sugar. No lard. No salt. Because they want to live. Give up all that good stuff. Neckbones, pigtails.... You're gonna feel like a damn fool layin out there in the hospital dying from nothing." - Unknown
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:there's that implant thingum the shove in your arm?

dunno if it fucks with you ticker though.
i think its called implamon or something like that. yeah checked that one out. a few of the side affects freaked me a bit :shock: we fuckin go through enough as women for fuck sakes, stop adding shit to the list :x :x :x i'm okay now :lol:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Those implants make some people crook (allergy)... and seeing as though they're implants, you either have to get them removed immediately - or you're crook for a long time!

They're big (popular) in Europe
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Direktor wrote:Thos eimplants make some people crook... and seeing as though they're implants, you either have to get them removed immediately - or you're crook for a long time!

They're big (popular) in Europe
yep, and you can play with them in your arm ewwwww. my mate has one and she swears by it. but she hasn't had any problems so all good. i think i am just scared of the side affects. not cool some of them :(
witty_pseudonym

my mate has one and she felt a bit off while her body adjusted and it sometimes aches a bit. looks kinda freaky when you can see it.

agree liz. the things we do. :roll:
yenks

Post by yenks »

man this thread is making me feel bad for all the naughty stuff i do

im off to the gym
witty_pseudonym

yenks wrote:man this thread is making me feel bad for all the naughty stuff i do

im off to the gym
jog to the pub...it's just as satisfying. ;)

if not more so.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Lizkins wrote:. If you smoke and are on the Pill, you should stop one or the other PRONTO.

. except the pill and smoking one, what is with that Nat? I seriously have not had it explained to me so i refuse to abide. please explain :D
Smoking and the Pill separately both increase the risk of blood clots forming and :arrow: stroketime for you! Together a dangerous combo.

One or the other- choose lady...

Condoms for safety's sake. Maybe IUD for monogamous relations with cleared partners..

could not for those implated things or that Depo injection monthly. Have friends who use IUD's and diaphragms and swear by em, although the diaphragm is a bit weird to me..
elysium

Post by elysium »

I wish they would hurry up and develop the male pill.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
witty_pseudonym

elysium wrote:I wish they would hurry up and develop the male pill.
:scr1pt: time a zillion billion
quiet roar

Re: You are what you eat

Post by quiet roar »

Special Hegg wrote:thedoctorwithin.com is a site I recommend everyone check out. Can't say I agree with all of this guy's theories but there's a lot in there that's good to know. These chapters are particularly worth reading:

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... tamins.php

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... gevity.php

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... f_life.php

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php ... /water.php
Holy shit, Hegg :shock:

Some great reading but fucking depressing at the same time.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

witty_pseudonym wrote:
elysium wrote:I wish they would hurry up and develop the male pill.
:scr1pt: time a zillion billion
:scr1pt: times more than that :lol:

cheers Natty, that explains it well for me, and now i understand why the doctor gets so shitty with my blood pressure levels being good and not showing signs of any trouble :lol: :lol: :lol:

is the implanted ones the same as the pill? cos may be i will reconsider.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

scotty woo hoo wrote:spirolena keeps me goin
How good is that shit, seriously. I had a mental attack the other day, like a mega one that usually a valium would be required to calm this bitch down, but alas, I didnt have any. Gobbed down a few of the ol spiro's, made myself sit down for a few minutes and before I knew it, sanity returned and I felt fannytastic!

mmm heathly, hopefully one day I can call myself that.

I smoke
I drink
Shonky antics
I dont eat regulary
I dont exercise regularly
Dont sleep enough

I also reckon that heath is a lot to do with your state of mind as well. If you reckon your ' sick' cos youve got a runny nose say, then I dont think no matter how 'heathly' you are, your still 'always going to be sick' cos you make it that way.

I should feel shithouse given the above, but I dont cos I dont think, whinge, or worry about it. Which i beleive eventually will give you the dam flu cos your thinking about it so much! Not a full hypercondriact, but its freakin close. :roll:

Having said that, water is gold. If you make sure you drink say twice as much have you do already, you can tell the difference in about a week. Its like all your insides have been flushed out so fresh new ones can replace it!

H20 is a massive improvement.
gnat

Post by gnat »

I easily drink 3L just at work. Big bottle on my desk and keep it full. If it's not, I'll go a whole day without water and feel like shit..
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

The thing I have come to realise is that life is as much about mental health as it is about physical wellbeing. I have always been an extremely health conscious person all my life, however through recent circumstances and behaviours I have neglected my mental health in favour of short term enjoyment.

I'm with Nat when it comes to gaining some much needed perspective on partying and it's place in my life. Starting to think more about tomorrow than today.

It's all about balance, something I'm often not good at...
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

great_magnet wrote:It's all about balance
Word.
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

Balance is the key. So is water. Seriously, 2 litres minimum for me a day...3 if you can do it.
Allons-y!
deviant

Post by deviant »

water is great :thumbright:
menace

Post by menace »

If you find it hard, geting the right balance .. i highy suggest a nathural path ,It done wonders for me !! :D
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

gnat wrote:Maybe IUD for monogamous relations with cleared partners...
Caveat: they do sometimes fail.

That is in fact how I came to be born. :shock:

Though my parents say they would've had a second child anyway, just maybe not so soon after my bro. Whatever. Glad to be here.