TEN YEARS OF NOTHING - not one fucking thing!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

greetings!

Glad to be home.

Hope you all had great weekends and didn't fry like little sausages.

Perth was balmy.. swimming everyday. Little creatures.. yum! stayed in this amazing beach pad that sleep 12, had 3 bathrooms, big spa etc.. awesome!

Went to Mr Scuff on night, Science Fiction the next (Jeff Mills, Greg Packer, Makato & Deezim, Tayo, BLIM, Adam Freeland, Felix da House Cat, Mark Farina, etc, etc, etc.)

very tired now.. got a conference all week. :(

Looking forward to catching up with you all soon. :)

p.s. there were loads of grimey rockers on my plane.. i picked one band as Rocket Science.. not sure of the others... They caused a ruckas!
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Wow, sounds like you had a wicked weekend.

Don't let the conference bore you too much. =)
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Jeez, I just read about the guy that was found dead in the river at Earthcore.

Extremely sad to hear. =(
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Hey Lucas

Conference should be ok.. staying in the Park Hyatt.. plush!

yeah.. read about the dead dood too... sux :(
Kombat Bass

Post by Kombat Bass »

Seriously Dead in a river? any details?

I was gonna make a joke if anyone knew how many ppl died in the heat at earthcore, but noe it dosnt seem so funny...

:Lighter: and RIP for that person.. :?
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Smismid

Post by Smismid »

Bit weird how the dude that was found gets more written about him than the dude that died...
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Smismid wrote:Bit weird how the dude that was found gets more written about him than the dude that died...
Yeah, the same ocurred to me.

I'm sure the first draft of the "dance music is evil" editorial is being written up as we speak.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I know this might sound aweful but I hope it does not turn out to be drug related. Although i feel even if he drowned they will still blame the music and drugs.

R.I.P.

Morning all- welcome back SQ. Happy day for yesterday.
Friday

Post by Friday »

hey all.

glad you had fun at science fiction sq :)

re the guy at earthcore... they probably didn't write more about it in the article today as there was a full article on it when they found the body yesterday.... they're just re-stating it ;)

it's very very sad :(
Kombat Bass

Post by Kombat Bass »

Dude its earthcore of course its gonna be drug related, i'll bet my left big toe that he was on acid.
Smismid

Post by Smismid »

I hate acid.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

flatmates sister moved in with us last nite. She is 18 and I fear our flat will become a girlie zone with high pitched squeels about cosmo and shoes and so forth.

Mare.
Don't hate me for house
DIDI

Post by DIDI »

Kombat Bass wrote:Dude its earthcore of course its gonna be drug related, i'll bet my left big toe that he was on acid.
Interesting,if we saw some cop on TV say something like this we would be all over them. There's a very good chance you're right but it's also possible his drug of choice was alcohol [ or one of them.] After all falling in a river pissed is not uncommon. I noticed in one report they said 4 people were taken to hospital with drug overdoses. I bet they don't even take notes on alchocol related issues.
A friend of mine who went said it was too hard to get alcohol so she didn't drink at all, and she can't believe how much better she pulled up.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Hey peeps

hope you all had a great weekend.... I sat on my ass by a pool all weekend, Burb's and Spliff's in hand...... but was a sneexing machine for the whole weekend.... not 1 minute would pass without at least 2 sneezes... it was driving me crazy, but the hay fever medication has kicked in and I am feelin much better.....

Well it is officially summ 2moz i for one and eggcited
Kombat Bass

Post by Kombat Bass »

DIDI wrote:
Kombat Bass wrote:Dude its earthcore of course its gonna be drug related, i'll bet my left big toe that he was on acid.
Interesting,if we saw some cop on TV say something like this we would be all over them. There's a very good chance you're right but it's also possible his drug of choice was alcohol [ or one of them.] After all falling in a river pissed is not uncommon. I noticed in one report they said 4 people were taken to hospital with drug overdoses. I bet they don't even take notes on alchocol related issues.
A friend of mine who went said it was too hard to get alcohol so she didn't drink at all, and she can't believe how much better she pulled up.
Like it or not Earthcore is a 90% drug feast, weather a cop says it or i say it...

True he coulda just been pissed and im not disrespecting him in anyways as i like drugs too, but the whole Dance Music Scene will get a verbal belting over this so instead of saying oh i hope the dont slag our scene off over this, just expect it.
John Pierre Voodoo

Post by John Pierre Voodoo »

Kombat Bass wrote:Like it or not Earthcore is a 90% drug feast, weather a cop says it or i say it...

But that's no different to any of the other major events (maybe not 90%, but a very high percentage non the less)

Let’s not become the media and jump to conclusions just yet, the poor guy could have died from a number of reasons. Snake bite, dehydration, drowning, or drugs. Let's just wait for the autopsy report.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

that's really unfortunate :(

imagine being his mates and having to go home without him, no idea where he is. that woulda sucked. feel sorry for the family too

at least they found the other guy, still wandering the street 2 days later
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

remember someone died last yr as well. a case of wondering off and his body being found a couple of days later. fallen and hit his head or something??

sad incident. whoever commented on not jumping to conclusions is right. jeff buckley drowned when he mixed drinks + river.

on happier note.... welcome home SQ!!! :D
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

In other news:

I don't suppose anyone was watching Channel 9 this morning?

One of my work mates said he caught the tail end of a morning presenter issuing an apology for Sam Newmans controversial behaviour.

Apparently he did something very out of line.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

flashed his dick again on tele? put down women in the name of a joke? racial slurs? I cant imagine Sam doing any of those.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Polecat wrote:flashed his dick again on tele? put down women in the name of a joke? racial slurs? I cant imagine Sam doing any of those.
no not our sammy wammy the champion of womans rights the world over...

*cough*

wanker... yes he is... I have heard nufink....
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

[wannabe nerd mode=on] Anyone see the doco on the String Theory and associated issues last night?
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Nahh, missed it. Got any details?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Frist time I have ever really understodd what string theory is about, bringing the theories of Gravity and those of Quantuam Physics together.

But it really started describing more about where we have come from in the past 400 years with our various levels of scientific understanding.

Used the Einstien "on the beach" ananogy to describe the various stages of understanding we have reached...

It sort of gave a great laymans poin tof view though, almost in the same way Bill Bryson does it in "short history of nearly everything" but more focused on these Quatuam Physics, and the anomolies of the interaction between Gravity and the inner Atomic level structures. Made me feel better about being so random, let me put it that way...
John Pierre Voodoo

Post by John Pierre Voodoo »

DBoy wrote:[wannabe nerd mode=on] Anyone see the doco on the String Theory and associated issues last night?
[nerd mode = on] yes yes yes ... how cool was that doco. Same with me d-boy, I never understood it till yesterday too.

even the best minds of science still find difficult to grasp the random nature of Quantuam Physics. Especially Einstein struggled to believe in it, ala "God does not play dice with the universe".

I'm sure you can it on DVD.
sneak

Post by sneak »

http://superstringtheory.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory
yeah thats some fascinating shit right there - missed the doco unfortunately :( - know if its gonna replay anytime soon???
Last edited by sneak on Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

i saw a great doco on the ABC a couple of weeks ago at 1 am on teaching aboriginal kids in alice springs and sturt creek how to do hip hop. it was unreal. the girls featured wrote a brilliant song and sang it beautifully. meanwhile tho, some of the boys couldnt let go of their US gangster style hip hop vision. twas some good tele.
charlie

Post by charlie »

DBoy wrote:[wannabe nerd mode=on] Anyone see the doco on the String Theory and associated issues last night?
Bolloks - on what chanel at what time???? There was nothing on TV last night so i went to bed early... how did i miss this???
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

charlie wrote: Bolloks - on what chanel at what time???? There was nothing on TV last night so i went to bed early... how did i miss this???
i agree! i mean honestly, how did i MISS IT!!!??!!

not really. i did miss it, but i cant always watch science stuff on tele. too close to the day job! tho..... CSI is my fave TV show :oops:
DIDI

Post by DIDI »

Kombat Bass wrote:
DIDI wrote:
Like it or not Earthcore is a 90% drug feast, weather a cop says it or i say it...

True he coulda just been pissed and im not disrespecting him in anyways as i like drugs too, but the whole Dance Music Scene will get a verbal belting over this so instead of saying oh i hope the dont slag our scene off over this, just expect it.
You're right on all counts unfortunately. It just seemed strange to read it here first. The most likely scenario is probably both drugs and booze. The sad part is whatever the cause the poor guy is dead. Good news, they found the other one wanderering along the road, Dehydrated but otherwise OK.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Polecat wrote:
charlie wrote: Bolloks - on what chanel at what time???? There was nothing on TV last night so i went to bed early... how did i miss this???
i agree! i mean honestly, how did i MISS IT!!!??!!

not really. i did miss it, but i cant always watch science stuff on tele. too close to the day job! tho..... CSI is my fave TV show :oops:
Me loves the science stuff LOVES it.. I like CSI as well - not Miami tho, we will see about New York... we will see.....

Ohh it is on this eve again.... Miss PC what is it you do in ur day job????
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

oh damn! i had better tell zac i aint coming over for tea if i'm missing CSI!!! BAAAH!!! i dont like the miami one either charlie. its weird. i always like the Vegas scenery shops in CSI.

my day job = scientist at Melb Uni Botany School, though i am working part time at the moment & going broke. least i'm relaxed and happy :D
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

i watched that. it was the shit.

goin all quantum and shit. nutters.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
cuntoid

Post by cuntoid »

Its roundabout now i always enjoy a pot noodle.

Noodle is a type of string isn't it.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Todays theme: "Quatuam Randomness and another infinite possibilities"
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

1st day of Summer.

Wicked.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

after reading the above posts I'm feeling less intelligent than I thought I was

Quantum what now??

btw - what's with all the cunty new members?
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

breaksRbest wrote: btw - what's with all the cunty new members?
Fucked if I know.

Kick 'em off I say...

:P
quick

Post by quick »

Now now TimmyG, there's enough room in her for many cunts I say. 8)
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Amick

Post by Amick »

you CSI freaks got it all wrong. Miami is friggin sweet for 3 reasons.

1. A character named Horatio 'H' Caine! BTW he oozes coolness.

2. Hot blonde chick.

3. ITS IN MIAMI!

eskay

Post by eskay »

damn! I missed it... funny cos I was talking to Pannik just last week about Superstring theory and the like... if anyone's interested I found this to be a really well written book for the layperson..
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

CSI any version is very crap.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

I am feeling extremely stupid after Earthcore and can therefore make no meaningful contribution with relation to quantum physics.

I am more than happy to relinquish any previously earned geek status...
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

+ Miami has the dude form Empire Records in it (it took me several episodes before i remember where he was from...)

GM: Not to worry, your randomness adds to the vibe of the Quantuam Cafe and our infinite realities...

anyone know if streaming uses memory, bandwidth etc??
excuse my lack of geekness on computer matters.
eskay

Post by eskay »

yes streaming uses bandwidth... not sure about memory though... Lucas?
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

I'm glad to be adding something dboy, you should never underestimate the existential ramblings of the chemically imbalanced...
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

DBoy wrote:anyone know if streaming uses memory, bandwidth etc??
excuse my lack of geekness on computer matters.
It probably won't use heaps of memory, and it won't store anything on your hard disk, but if you leave it running for a long time it can use heaps of bandwidth.

It all depends on what encoding rate is used for the stream. 32kbps? 64kbps? 128kbps?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

just using the office LAN network, but it shouldn't have enough effect for anyone to notice... all good.

*smiles at all*

some one feed the fish, I did it yesterday.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

GET THE FUK OFF ME YOU STUPID LITTLE MANGA ROOTING HOUND...