Want some Quannum action tomorrow night?

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
stovequeen

Want some Quannum action tomorrow night?

Post by stovequeen »

Head to The Prince.... Z-Trip & The Lifesavas

Z-Trip

"Regarded as one of the original mash-up kings, Z-Trip is one of the most sought after DJs around the globe. Playing anywhere from warm up slots for the Rolling Stones in front of 450,000 fans, to sweaty basement clubs, Z-Trip recently toured alongside Shadow and Cut Chemist, and has played numerous 2x4’s with the likes of Qbert, Mix Master Mike, The X-ecutioners and Grand Wizard Theodore.

A Z-Trip set can seem like someone has scavenged their way into your record collection… and your parents’ and your little sister’s and even your grandparents’…picked out all the choice tunes and turned the whole thing on its head. A passionate digger, Z-Trip’s extremely deep record crates carry some of the rarest breaks and beats in the business.

Known for always rocking parties the hardest hands down, expect 80’s classics, monster rock anthems and homogenous pop hits, with pounding underground hip-hop beats and funk rhythms. Z-Trip featured in the Scratch film and starred in his own MTV segment titled ‘Z-Trip’s How To Rock A Party’. His remix credits include artists as diverse as Beastie Boys, Jane’s Addiction, Linkin Park, Del the Funky Homosapien and Kool Keith.

His first mix record Uneasy Listening Vol. 1 in 2001 became a cult classic via bootlegs before it was even released. He is currently in the studio working on his major label debut album.

Z-Trips web.. http://forums.djztrip.com/index.php?...including mix info.

Z-Trip forum discussion on Aussie show... http://forums.djztrip.com/showthread.ph ... ge=1&pp=35.

Lifesavas

Signed to the respected Quannum label, the Lifesavas received their name from promoters after, literally, saving many shows at the last minute with their jazz and dancehall influenced alt-hiphop. Made up of MCs Vursatyl and Jumbo and DJ Rev Shines, the Lifesavas recently released their album ‘Spirit in Stone’ to widespread acclaim."

Lifesavas are not your average alt-rap crew. Hailing from Portland, Oregon, Vursatyl and Jumbo earned a rep for rocking parties at a moment’s notice when other acts dropped from a bill… literally becoming known to promoters as “lifesavers”. With the addition of DJ Rev Shines, Lifesavas was born.

Drawing their inspiration from luminaries such as De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest, the Lifesavas represent all that is good about hip hop – tight lyricism, musicality and political and social messages served with a dose of humour. It’s dancefloor hip hop with consciousness.

Lifesavas album Spirit In Stone (Quannum Projects/Jam/Inertia) features hints of jazz and dancehall jostling amongst funked-up rhythms and fat beats. Lyrically, Jum bo and Vursatyl are like a raw and smooth verbal seesaw, with Jumbo lending a fluid Jamaican undercurrent to Vursatyl’s soulful emceeing.

Quannum-Lifesavas info http://www.quannum.com/home.html

Tickets & Info here > http://www.quannum.com/home.html
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

oh damn. i got offered a freebie for this but i didnt quite know what it was all about.
i have to go to honkys to see my mate over from germany play. oh damn. toooo many paaaartttties!!!!
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Polecat wrote:oh damn. i got offered a freebie for this but i have to go to honkys to see my mate over from germany play. oh damn. toooo many paaaartttties!!!!
PC.. you can do two things at once you know...???!!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I'll take your freebie PC

:wink:

:D
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

not when cabs are so expensive! i have 2/3 things lined up to run around to on friday night. thats enough!
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

hahaha brb!
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Polecat wrote:not when cabs are so expensive! i have 2/3 things lined up to run around to on friday night. thats enough!
im sure your ahead of those with cars... Ms Friday can vouch for that
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

possibly, but i need to save my cab money and drink money when i can :S xmas is coming and so is the rent bill :oops:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I can get 2 for 1 tickets to this if you haven't got your ticket yet

lemme know
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

I'm seeing them tonight. will post a review after the gig. :)
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

system wrote:I'm seeing them tonight. will post a review after the gig. :)
that would be wicked dood!
Will

Post by Will »

Looks like I'm gonna be there too.

It's Z-Trip who's was of the warmup acts on the Brainfreeze video innit? Fucking rad shit.
quick

Post by quick »

When and where? Flash dont work at my work, stupid old mac crap, how much is it, looks cool.
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

quick wrote:stupid old crap
much better, quiggly. :)
quick wrote:how much is it
$42 for your standing pleasure.

http://www.princebandroom.com.au/index. ... ent&eid=95
quick

Post by quick »

Churs Sys. :wink:
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Will wrote:It's Z-Trip who's was of the warmup acts on the Brainfreeze video innit? Fucking rad shit.
yup!
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

feedback from the QLD show....

"He played up here in Brisbane last Saturday night, and DAMN, he has some skills. One of the best DJ's I've ever seen. He'd just drop the best tracks when you weren't expecting it. He drum n bassed Tracey Chapman, he played 'Been Caught Stealin', he'd beat juggle some cool rock break, and the whole thing was so tight. Can't stress enough how good a DJ he is. So much skill. Oh, and for anyone who's seen the scratch DVD, he ended with the Blackalicious/Nutcracker Suite mix, which is hard. Pulled it off perfectly, even all the really fast scratching at the end, sounded so awesome live. Definitely check him out, for real"

taken from ITM QLDR > http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=107073
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

stovequeen wrote:Oh, and for anyone who's seen the scratch DVD, he ended with the Blackalicious/Nutcracker Suite mix, which is hard. Pulled it off perfectly, even all the really fast scratching at the end.......

wicked! always wanted to see that Live! 8)
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

stovequeen wrote:feedback from the QLD show....

"He played up here in Brisbane last Saturday night, and DAMN, he has some skills. One of the best DJ's I've ever seen. He'd just drop the best tracks when you weren't expecting it. He drum n bassed Tracey Chapman, he played 'Been Caught Stealin', he'd beat juggle some cool rock break, and the whole thing was so tight. Can't stress enough how good a DJ he is. So much skill. Oh, and for anyone who's seen the scratch DVD, he ended with the Blackalicious/Nutcracker Suite mix, which is hard. Pulled it off perfectly, even all the really fast scratching at the end, sounded so awesome live. Definitely check him out, for real"
that sums Z-Trip's performance at last night's show up. what a show! Lifesavas kicked arse as well, can't believe I'd been sleeping on those guys.

will post an actual review later, but for now the head is still hurting. Image
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

thanks system..

well pumped for tonight!
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

how was it?!! i ended up spending more time on the tram last night than in Honkys. I walked out the door to go home at 12.45 and just for a second wished i'd taken up the offer for Z-Trip.
quick

Post by quick »

He was sick, even bought the CD, well Will did, I bought him a beer for a copy. He mixed every style of music, for example in 40 secs he went from midnight oil to michael jackson to rage against the machine. His scratching was sick, and his mixes where tight as fuck, the amount of classic tunes that had a hip hop redo with his mixing was amazing.
Kombat Bass

Post by Kombat Bass »

Melb Beats Paper HEADLINE :

Quick goes to a "Somthing other than TEK DNB gig"

You heard it here FIRST people......
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

it was wicked!

Lifesava's were fresh!

Z-Trip was da man... the sound issues where shite tho :cry: . but that didn't take away from what a fukin wicked performer he is.

Twas good to see a full house! :D

The CD's great.. looking forward to his full release.
quick

Post by quick »

stovequeen wrote:what a fukin wicked performer he is.
Tru dat, man knows how to hold a show.