Whats the best/worst thing you got detention/suspended for

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

:smt003
Last edited by RMHC on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

The Mixtress wrote:There was a scavenger hunt at Monash when my sister went there...remove all 'S' 's from the giant Red Rooster roof signs.
the you-automatically-win item from the unimelb scavhunt each year was the M from the monash uni sign.
mrj

Post by mrj »

tiggus85 wrote:I got alot of detentions never suspended
I went to a catholic school in Northern NSW, i had a very old history teacher whose knowledge of world histroy got hazy after 1945. When i mentioned Che Guevara's name in relation to something he was talking about, he said he didnt know who that was, so i proceeded to asking how he could in anyway justify getting paid to be a history teacher if he didnt know whom Che was. Asked a similar thing of the art teacher because she thought no art since 1960 was relevant to teach. They were some the dumbest adults i'd ever met. stupid school.
I'll second that

We had a PHYSICS teacher explain to us that ants can stick to the underside of leaves because of gravity (ie the attractional force of two bodies, and so possible because the leaf was so much bigger than the ant)

A friend (who went on to be dux and ...you guessed it, a doctor) laughed in her face and said it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard, and that ants stuck to leaves because of their bodies are designed to do this (claws or hairs or whatever). The physics teacher maintained she was right, eventually yelling at us that it was true. Said friend bought in a book the next day proving his position and stated that she was wrong and unequivocally the worst physics teacher in the history of time itself. he got in trouble. she hated him after that. she loved me though and as a result physics was the only class I got a higher mark in than him.

Our history teacher was AWESOME. one of those people who was extremley smart, and chose teaching as a career because its truly what they wanted to do, despite probably being able to do anything they wanted (she was dux of her year too). I got into an arugment with her about whether "truism" was an actual word. she won. She taught us Russian history like 1890-1940, Chinese history for the same period, heaps of communist stuff. She gave me an A+ for an essay that contained a quote from star wars*. Best. Teacher. Ever.

* incidentally the quote was "You’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view". it was an essay on the subjective nature of history. aced it.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

The Mixtress wrote:There was a scavenger hunt at Monash when my sister went there...remove all 'S' 's from the giant Red Rooster roof signs.
i did the scav hunt at melb uni in first year.. one of the guys in my team had a red rooster s in his boot for about six months :lol:
Stray

Post by Stray »

Heh, I used to steal all the letters from the movie titles at Hoyts in the city after a night at Goo.
I ended up with about 50 of the things. I still have about 20 at home.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Stray wrote:Heh, I used to steal all the letters from the movie titles at Hoyts in the city after a night at Goo.
got any 3's mister?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

fireworks.
There's no justice, just us.
sneak

Post by sneak »

Love this thread!

Much to my parents disappointment, getting in trouble at school was a fairly regular occurance (that’s what you get for sending me to an all girls catholic school you arseholes)
Some instances of note include:
Staging a strike in protest of the new Compulsory Roman Sandals Rule.

Throwing a tuna sandwich at our bus drivers head on the way home and him having to turn the bus around and drive me back to school (bus still half full of kids wanting to get home). Then being driven home by the principal.

Pulling a (slightly retarded) girl off the maypole and breaking her arm in 2 places.

Setting fire to the curtains in the chemistry lab in an unauthorised “experiment” with magnesium and a Bunsen burner ( i mean really, who DIDNT do that shit? )

Knocking a chicks teeth out with a hockey stick on a school sports exchange day. (bitch fucking deserved it)

Protesting against the “no bags in the classroom” rule by bringing my bag into the classroom. Mrs Kidd swiftly picked it up and threw it out the 2nd story window. Consumed by rage, I walked up to her desk, grabbed her handbag and threw that out the window too.

I also briefly held a school record – the only person in an accelerate class to be put on “conduct” (y’know the little blue book you have to take to every class and the teacher has to mark how good you were, then you report back every day after school to the House Leader and he decides wether or not you were good enuff to avoid an after school detention that day). Lameness. I don’t think it was any one offence that landed me this punishment, but rather what they described as “constant disruption” in the classroom.

I still turned out ok - no arrests that actually led to a conviction! (Thanks section 19B of the juvenile justice act, whatever you are)
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

sneak wrote:
I also briefly held a school record – the only person in an accelerate class to be put on “conduct” (y’know the little blue book you have to take to every class and the teacher has to mark how good you were, then you report back every day after school to the House Leader and he decides wether or not you were good enuff to avoid an after school detention that day). Lameness. I don’t think it was any one offence that landed me this punishment, but rather what they described as “constant disruption” in the classroom.
:shock: oh shit i totally forgot about those things.. i was pretty much constantly on one of them from year 7-10 :lol:
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Stray wrote:Heh, I used to steal all the letters from the movie titles at Hoyts in the city after a night at Goo.

hehehe

remember when we got busted by that cop that time after goo? Well ... I got busted by a cop! Gansta 4 lyf me 8)
gnat

Post by gnat »

sneak wrote:Protesting against the “no bags in the classroom” rule by bringing my bag into the classroom. Mrs Kidd swiftly picked it up and threw it out the 2nd story window. Consumed by rage, I walked up to her desk, grabbed her handbag and threw that out the window too.
hahahaha :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

ghetto kitty wrote:
shepherd wrote: - owned a Kuta Lines jumper and never got arrested for bad taste!
same, but mine was a hypercolour t shirt..
remember them...
sweat patches would change the colour of the shirt > how cool!!!

:roll:
Oh Look! There your breasts are! They've gone bright pink!
Don't hate me for house
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Sustain wrote:
sneak wrote:
:shock: oh shit i totally forgot about those things.. i was pretty much constantly on one of them from year 7-10 :lol:

kinda sounds similar, but i had the school counsellor come in and check on me in some of my classes cos supposedly i was showing to many depressive qualities for their liking :roll: i did send the head Yr 12 co-ordinator on strees leave after "clearing her desk" and yelling at her one day in front of other teachers cos she interfered with my family. more to that story, but i won't bore you all.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

sneak wrote:Love this thread!

Much to my parents disappointment, getting in trouble at school was a fairly regular occurance (that’s what you get for sending me to an all girls catholic school you arseholes)
Some instances of note include:
Staging a strike in protest of the new Compulsory Roman Sandals Rule.

Throwing a tuna sandwich at our bus drivers head on the way home and him having to turn the bus around and drive me back to school (bus still half full of kids wanting to get home). Then being driven home by the principal.

Pulling a (slightly retarded) girl off the maypole and breaking her arm in 2 places.

Setting fire to the curtains in the chemistry lab in an unauthorised “experiment” with magnesium and a Bunsen burner ( i mean really, who DIDNT do that shit? )

Knocking a chicks teeth out with a hockey stick on a school sports exchange day. (bitch fucking deserved it)

Protesting against the “no bags in the classroom” rule by bringing my bag into the classroom. Mrs Kidd swiftly picked it up and threw it out the 2nd story window. Consumed by rage, I walked up to her desk, grabbed her handbag and threw that out the window too.

I still turned out ok - no arrests that actually led to a conviction! (Thanks section 19B of the juvenile justice act, whatever you are)
You is baddass girl! :smt023
You shoulda gone to my school.
They would have made you queen, and worshipped your image. 8)
Nice work. :D
sneak

Post by sneak »

Little Evil wrote:
You is baddass girl! :smt023
You shoulda gone to my school.
They would have made you queen, and worshipped your image. 8)
Nice work. :D
They revered me as a GOD! until Harriet rocked up drunk on JD's and in her pyjamas and then proceeded to chunder all over the classroom floor (which in turn made 2 other girls hurl as well - brilliant!). I was then demoted to a minor demi-god.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

I was working as an instructor at falls creek. My mate Richard and I got wasted one night and slept through our alarms. Turned up to work two hours late and had to sit down to put my board on cos I was still drunk and the world was spinning. Our Austrian bosses hit the roof, but they totally fucked up the punishment;

a day off work and a page-long essay on what we had done.

The essay took ten minutes, I had a disco nap and then spent the afternoon riding with Richard... sunny blue skies, soft springtime superslush, terrain park fun and throwing snowballs/laughing at all of our friends who had to work.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
elysium

Post by elysium »

I got detention for breaking up a fight in year 9... some smarmy year 12 girl dobbed me in as the perpetrator.

Also got made to sit in the corner in prep for throwing a cold potato at a boys head. I probably deserved that one...
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
lynt

Post by lynt »

Awesome thread, school was fucking ace! Lots of mayhem for me when I was an uncooth yooth.

Notables:
Throwing a meat pie in to the classroom fan.
Got busted drinking scotch out of a sports bottle at sports.
Smoking (on several occasions).
Singing "Detachable Penis" on the school bus and scaring some girls (Primary years, remember that song?). Hah!
I punched out the school bus driver's son because he called me a fag (among other things), hmm, that was pretty severe come to think of it. We hated each other!
Playing Voltron in primary and I cut a boys head open with a rock. I thought they were lazers.

Man, I wish I could remember all the antics.

Oh yeah, hash cookies were fucking awesome to give to ya unsuspecting mates. :teef: I'll never forget my mate pissing his pants for 2 periods of Maths, eyes so red they looked like they'd been bleeding for weeks. Poor bastard.
lynt

Post by lynt »

elysium wrote:Also got made to sit in the corner in prep for throwing a cold potato at a boys head. I probably deserved that one...
awesome
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

oh yeah, i still remember that in prep, we used to build little 'forts' out of mud in the channel going around the school, and then go and destroy everyone else's. i got the strap for destroying someone else's fort, but it wasn't even bloody me. i think that's where my deep-seated disdain for religion started.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Scotrod

Post by Scotrod »

I never got in much trouble at school, or more to the point, I never got caught. But I do remember a kid in my class who was a total bogan in every sense of the word. Long hair, battle jacket etc. Anyway, this girl called him a wanker, so he grabbed her diary flopped his schlong out, gave it a tug and blew in her diary, closed the pages, through it back at her and said "there you go, now you got something to remember me by" !!! :lol:
Never saw him again.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Scotrod wrote:I never got in much trouble at school, or more to the point, I never got caught. But I do remember a kid in my class who was a total bogan in every sense of the word. Long hair, battle jacket etc. Anyway, this girl called him a wanker, so he grabbed her diary flopped his schlong out, gave it a tug and blew in her diary, closed the pages, through it back at her and said "there you go, now you got something to remember me by" !!! :lol:
Never saw him again.
:shock:
Hampton Park strikes again.

:lol:
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Have to say one of my best suspensions (there were many!) was for doing a fake drug deal in front of the brand new cameras they set up in our locker area. had a bag of bi carb soda and a wad of fake money and did the exchange with my mate in front of the cam. later that day did a smaller one and one with some parsley in a small bag. got called up the next day and they were on the phone to the cops. showed them what i was really "dealing" and they didnt find it funny. me and my mates did tho. god i was a little shit back in year 10! so yeah i got 3 days suspension for that one.
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

andy_hoffman wrote:Have to say one of my best suspensions (there were many!) was for doing a fake drug deal in front of the brand new cameras they set up in our locker area. had a bag of bi carb soda and a wad of fake money and did the exchange with my mate in front of the cam. later that day did a smaller one and one with some parsley in a small bag. got called up the next day and they were on the phone to the cops. showed them what i was really "dealing" and they didnt find it funny. me and my mates did tho. god i was a little shit back in year 10! so yeah i got 3 days suspension for that one.
For what???
Don't hate me for house
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

jbs wrote:
andy_hoffman wrote:Have to say one of my best suspensions (there were many!) was for doing a fake drug deal in front of the brand new cameras they set up in our locker area. had a bag of bi carb soda and a wad of fake money and did the exchange with my mate in front of the cam. later that day did a smaller one and one with some parsley in a small bag. got called up the next day and they were on the phone to the cops. showed them what i was really "dealing" and they didnt find it funny. me and my mates did tho. god i was a little shit back in year 10! so yeah i got 3 days suspension for that one.
For what???
That's what i asked! They just said it was cos i caused so much trouble doing a stupid practical joke and the fact that they were gettin the cops involved and they said they didnt want kids gettin away with those kind of practical jokes. Kinda fair enough i guess but i was quite argumentative at the time... as i always was back then.
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

shepherd wrote:- smoked a cigarette behind the basketball centre - FUCK!
- wagged English once in Year 12
- got drunk after the Year 12 formal!
- graffiti'd a desk in the library - WHOA!
- killed a guy with a Trident
- wore rip curl pants to parties - that shit is bananas!
- owned a Kuta Lines jumper and never got arrested for bad taste!
Eltham reprazent. Me and my gang used to own all the territory around Slickers and Sammy's Charcoal Chicken.