S2000 meets firewire???

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Johnny Hooves

S2000 meets firewire???

Post by Johnny Hooves »

Just got a new laptop and terratec audio box (which im stoked with) and want to get one of those new fangled firewire to scsi converters to resurect my dear old friend my s2000 and load up all samples from my laptop. Does anybody know if when using one of said converters the computer sees the converter as a firewire or a scsi device? Im guessing the akai control software wouldn't recognise a firewire device and therefore dont wont to spend $$$ until i know this is gonna wrk?!
jules

Post by jules »

i dont have much experience with the s2000, but i have used a scsi eXchange ( usb 2 scsi ) cable with my mpc it basicly allows you dump files directly to the mpc 32mb ram from pc. good if you use your pc to make pgm files and sample edits/arrangements. im a bit vague on the whole operation but can find out more info.
Johnny Hooves

Post by Johnny Hooves »

jules wrote:i dont have much experience with the s2000, but i have used a scsi eXchange ( usb 2 scsi ) cable with my mpc it basicly allows you dump files directly to the mpc 32mb ram from pc. good if you use your pc to make pgm files and sample edits/arrangements. im a bit vague on the whole operation but can find out more info.
Sweet, thats exactly wot I wanna do! just gotta suss that and a filter extention card for the s2000 and its gonna b lethal! Cheers Jules