Flippo - Frog

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
flippo

Flippo - Frog

Post by flippo »

:kermit:

320 here

or low qual stream on the virb player

something a little darker
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

very nice. bravo :)
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

ya, cool man
flippo

Post by flippo »

think I got ahead of myself posting it, mixdown is too muddy and quiet, realised after listening on other systems. Has lazy and didn't do propper A/B testing, also I think my headphones are finally packing it in, all rattly and shit! haha.

tunes still alright for a listen though.
grooki

Post by grooki »

hey Flipps, this sounds awesome. It is really organic, the bass sounds like a pulsing membrane :shock: . I'm listening on my headphones at work and the mix sounds good. The atmosphere is great with the windy sounds. It's very cold and spacious. It sounds like it could have chanting, or whispering in it. I found the change to 4/4 kicks a bit random, and was glad when it returned to the subtler beats. I just thought everything was in that atmosphere except for them. I preferred the way the track picks up later on the piece with the shakers. But aside from that, this track is awesome - it's actually a whole different style, it would be good to have a mix of this feel of dubstep, organic and subtle, all for your head!
http://www.soundcloud.com/grooki

Poised above the void on a cloud of dreams, Everything I grasp is sand through my hands
flippo

Post by flippo »

pulsating membrane!

wobble is so yesterday, all about the membrane now. :D

Unfortunatley (for you) I really like the tempo change and the 4x4 kicks, so they are definatley staying ;)

glad you liked the rest of it though mate, cheers for the feedback.
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

I like the kicks but I think they'd sound better at 145.
flippo

Post by flippo »

is that a crack at me trying to get you change the tempo of your tune to 145 by any chance? lolz :lol:
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

:teef:
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

eh, nice track, that bass sounds dope as, i like the way it keeps you guessing.....wobbles and shit, good mate keep it up...