Mac application for 5.1 DVD burning

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
FoundationStepper

Mac application for 5.1 DVD burning

Post by FoundationStepper »

I was wondering if there are any dedicated apps for burning DVD discs in 5.1 for mac?

I have logic express, which doesn’t allow for 5.1 mixes, but I can send stuff to busses and route them to the 4 outputs of my audio interface for a surround mix. I can also bounce these busses down to export the raw audio

However, I want to be able to burn said surround mix to DVD so I can play it independently of my computer system – ie in a gallery installation DVD decoded output >> amps >>> quad speakers.

So I was hoping there is something out there (free/available) where I can dump in tracks of audio and assign them to the 5.1 channels, and burn a track in surround to DVD

Or perhaps there is another lateral approach?

Cheers…
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

hmmm. i'm not aware of any free apps which will do what you need.

of course logic 8 + the 'compressor' software will handle any surround encoding. but that will cost.

wavelab is proably the easiest way to burn a multi-channel DVD, becuase you dont need to encode the audio stream (you can just playback the 6 channel 16bit / 44.1 stem). ... but it's windows only.

if it's for an installation could you just play the audio staight off a laptop? (could be a waste of a laptop).

maybe look into some sort of video authoring software that support multi-channel audio.

?
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

I think i might have to end up with a video app maybe - if im in luck a friend might have something running... what might i look out for?

Dont have a laptop unfortunately, just a big tower g5
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

the final cut studio suite can definitely do it. i can't think of a freeware/shareware solution, however.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.