working on EP - need feedback

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Baddums

working on EP - need feedback

Post by Baddums »

here's a bunch of demo stuff - would love to get some feedback from MB crew...

http://soundcloud.com/baddums
andy_hoffman

Re: working on EP - need feedback

Post by andy_hoffman »

Some wicked stuff there man. Really like the Dub Punx (demo) idea. Really cool hip hop vibe and the drums are wicked. Also lovin Hisashi, Anticipation and Your Carriage Awaits (demo). Really did ur drum patterns and the nice heavy sounds in Hisashi. Would definitely love to hear some full versions!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Baddums

Post by Baddums »

cheers andy.

sometimes it's hard to decide which ideas are worth finishing...

all i know is that i really gotta finish some stuff off this year and put it out there.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I don't produce so this doesn't really mean anything, but anyway.

I think Your Carriage Awaits needs a slightly livelier lead and the drums need to come forward a bit and be brightened up. Really like it though. Probably the best. Reminds me of Eliot Lipp.

Triple623 is cool, the drums sound a bit mechanical to me though.

Personally don't like the dubstep wub wub on Hisashi, that's just me though. Turned off as soon as I heard that.

Anticipation is rad, just don't think the melody fits with those disjointed drums. That's just me again though.

Bumper Riddim is mad. Would play this out as is after master. Good time bar housefest lazy day fun. Love the shuffle between the hats and the bass.

Dub Punx is good, just not a fan of the higher guitar lead so much. Still good though.
Don't hate me for house