Room mode calculators

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
ghostsoul

Room mode calculators

Post by ghostsoul »

Hi peeps I was wondering if anyone new of a good room mode calculator thats for DL that will show frequencies up to the 5th harmomic, also it would need to run on excel and not be web based.
unsoundbwoy

Re: Room mode calculators

Post by unsoundbwoy »

from experience its easier and more accurate in the end to chuck the formula's into excel yourself
you'll know there's no errors, have the sheet whenever you need it in the future and learn some shit in the process
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

I've done up to before in excel with many harmonics, but the difficulty is actually the different types of mode, after the first 2 (axial, tangential??) its challenging to do the sums on the angualar modes, esp with non-box rooms
ghostsoul

Post by ghostsoul »

Well I've got all of the equations in front of me I guess I'm trying to hunt down a finished and working one to save time, I'm not as efficient on excell as I'd like to be. I have two here and they don't display anything past 500hz. it's all good though thanks for the replies.
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

but you move much above 500 and its almost getting into comb-filtering circumstances anyway isn't it? not sure you're going to reveal a lot
ghostsoul

Post by ghostsoul »

your totally right just did some of the maths, with the dimesions I'm dealing with there's nothing over 380hz and for any thing over say 500hz the room sizes I'd be looking at would have to be small.
konk

Post by konk »

Can anyone give some more information this? When calculating do you take into account the objects inside the room? Or just the dimensions of the room itself?

Has anyone actually done this in their studio at home?