Native Dog - De Puta Madre

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Dingo

Native Dog - De Puta Madre

Post by Dingo »

Yo sup from other side of the world,
here is my latest whack beat- created in Espana/Portugal

View this on Soundcloud

Love to hear feedback
Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out my soundcloud page at:
http://soundcloud.com/nativedog
Mixes and productions by Native Dog
tactik

Re: Native Dog - De Puta Madre

Post by tactik »

I'm digging the general idea here... some nice glitchy chunklets...

The tune seems to be missing a central theme though - something musical or identifiable that ties it together. Although I am listening through shitty laptop speakers, so take this with a grain of salt.

It sounds pretty industrial at parts... maybe crunch out a lo-fi, laidback version without the harsh snare....

IDK ??

But not bad at all otherwise... if you play around with it let me know - maybe I'll have my studio set-up running by then (ie; plugged in, it is all sitting in a magnificent pile at the moment).

All the best.
(and fuck you for being in an awesome part of the world)
Dingo

Re: Native Dog - De Puta Madre

Post by Dingo »

Cheers for the feedbak bro- I feel wat ur sayin bout it missin an element (so if u or anyone wants to twist it- let me know and IL send the ingredients).
I mixed this on headphones in the back of my van- so not everything is tight- but it has a large propotion of it sitting in the lows- so I imagine lappy speakers would make it sound weird/shit- but valuable feedback none the less.
haha! Indeed Port/Spain is incredible- but if it makes u feel any better Im in Bristol now and the sun is elusive.. but the beats are dark and fat.
Thanks again bro.
Peace
Check out my soundcloud page at:
http://soundcloud.com/nativedog
Mixes and productions by Native Dog