giant sci-fi touchscreen inside ride

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
flippo

giant sci-fi touchscreen inside ride

Post by flippo »

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

I can think of better uses for this than a Traktor clone, but looks fucking cool!
mrj

Re: giant sci-fi touchscreen inside ride

Post by mrj »

agreed, there are heaps better uses for this screen, but also agreed it looks a bit sick. would be cool in a club scenario, a set up like this would bring the performance aspect back to digital djing.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
flippo

Post by flippo »

yeah totally. I'm imagining some custom MAX control surface biz, really graphic. Make the control surface morph into a different style for different tunes when needed.

I don't think touch screens can ever be completely done with though, I reckon ideally you'd still have some knobs.

All they need to do is invent a velocity sensitive touch screen. Perhaps they already have?

This use of multi-touch gestures is pretty cool too - removes the need to be looking at the touch screen all the time to know what you're controlling.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/09/mult ... e-to-rock/
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

dude is killing the scene with his fake djing imo.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl