digi 002

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
MicroWave_Fresh

digi 002

Post by MicroWave_Fresh »

Just wondering if anyone is using a PC with a 002. would like to know what set up you have. motherboard, ram, os, all that kinda jazz. just having trouble with mine cause my mother board needs replacing.
jules

Post by jules »

hi, i have used a PC with an 002 for a few projects. The computer was basicly a P4 / 1gb RAM. Fanless PSU and gfx card. Running only protools and a few other programs. no internet!! cant remember all the detailed specs. but it was something like this. i dont think i crashed it either.
system
let the hustlers play

Re: digi 002

Post by system »

MicroWave_Fresh wrote:Just wondering if anyone is using a PC with a 002. would like to know what set up you have. motherboard, ram, os, all that kinda jazz. just having trouble with mine cause my mother board needs replacing.
worth checking the specs on digidesign's website:
http://digidesign.com/compato/xp/002/

they've also got some stuff to check if you haven't upgraded to XP SP2 yet as well.
digidesign.com wrote:Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Update
Digidesign is nearing completion of Windows XP Service Pack 2 qualification. There have been no problems in house with Pro Tools 6.7. The one known problem with Digi 002 using Pro Tools 6.4 was addressed with the Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 update, and this fix is also included in Pro Tools 6.7. However, there have still been reports of problems from some users. Therefore, if you decide to install SP2, please follow our recommended steps prior to installation to help insure a smooth transition:
Recommended Steps for Installing Windows XP SP2
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Realm Korrupt

Post by Realm Korrupt »

I use a Digi 002 slaving Reason and Ableton into Pro Tools on a 15" 1Ghz Powerbook w/1.5 Ghz RAM. PT is stable as all hell. I don't think I've ever crashed it, even running up to 30 Reason Rewires, most with plugins.
It gets my vote.
Boh!
jules

Post by jules »

yeh but i was was referring to the pc version so it is bound to happen.
safire

Post by safire »

i use 002 pro tools system and its a phat sound card
running it with a G5 Duel 2 gb & 1.5 gb ram

002 is definetly a good system to work, i use it alot for micing up the drum kit and instruments. thats what its best for