tb303 4 sale

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
jules

tb303 4 sale

Post by jules »

$1350 ono

only cause i saw one go on ebay for this not long ago, i know i wouldnt pay that so please feel free to make an offer. all offers over $1000 considered. i can hand deliver in melbourne.

only runs on c-cells no psu.

Obviously the previously owner was using too high voltage psu as robin whittle recommends the boss psu which are like $59 retail. i only ever used batterys, i neglected it when i got the microwave XT, i pondered the devil fish mod but couldn't summon the cash and i think its gone up even more.

from robin whittles release notes.

The machine may work OK with higher input voltages, for a while - but the internal regulator transistor will be asked to drop 180 mA through more than its intended 3.0 volts (9 volts external dropped to 6 volts internally means a 3.0 volt drop across this power transistor and therefore a 0.54 watt dissipation). If you notice the back right of the machine getting too hot, then you are probably driving it with an adaptor which is putting out too high a voltage. This probably won't damage the transistor immediately, but extended use will damage it and make the machine unusable except from C-cell batteries. I have replaced many of these transistors - the TO-220 power transistor at Q-45 2SB596 - with a TIP-30. Some of them have turned brown and have been so hot that solder has melted inside them and been forced out of the package

Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

LOL @ the second pic.
quick

Post by quick »

haha, that is funny...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick