mini mix from m

Post links to mixes here.
Rob M

mini mix from m

Post by Rob M »

get it, just thought it was good enough to post :)

http://www.users.on.net/~rmarko/beats/

don't bitch about the format. OGG simply owns when it comes to mixes online. Winamp should be able to play it or Foobar. reason for ogg(?), well the bass is beefier, and i'm no vego.

tracklist/ time (12:16m -- yes very small, but nice):
zinc - hear no evil (instrumental)
mist:i:cal - mistical dub part 2 (nu:tone)
ill logic and raf - lost in this
kaos karl k and jae kennedy - studio 54

disclaimer: all future mixes will be upped on this url :wink:

let me know what ya's think...i'm sure you'll dig this steve.
johnnynostars

Post by johnnynostars »

So how does ogg compare size and quality wise with mp3 format?

Oh, nice mix too. 8)
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

well the encoding rule for this was around 96kbps at variable rate, and the sound quality is like an mp3 at 160kbps which would yield a size of around 11MB+ if it was in mp3 format. ogg is like around 8mb...big difference :)

so near perfect cd quality is ok :)

also OGG doesn't screw around with any lossy acoustic filters like mp3 does ... or so i've been told... ;)
Fents

Post by Fents »

Rob M wrote:well the encoding rule for this was around 96kbps at variable rate, and the sound quality is like an mp3 at 160kbps which would yield a size of around 11MB+ if it was in mp3 format. ogg is like around 8mb...big difference :)

so near perfect cd quality is ok :)

also OGG doesn't screw around with any lossy acoustic filters like mp3 does ... or so i've been told... ;)
Yo Rob, 160kbps is no where near cd quailty. 256 or 320, i know its only a mix and im not dissin just pointing that out.

Nice Mix BTW... U should hit us up with a longer one, i like ur selection. 8)
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

Fents wrote:
Rob M wrote:so near perfect cd quality is ok :)
Yo Rob, 160kbps is no where near cd quailty. 256 or 320, i know its only a mix and im not dissin just pointing that out.
Fents, i know about the insane bitrates that preport to be cd quality, I was merely commenting about the ogg format in the above statement, and not mp3 quality...but you may as well rip an AAC or MPC file if you want better quality than MP3 at that insane level. MP3 is not worth it past 192kbps. I guess it's size over quality when it comes down to that.
Fents wrote:Nice Mix BTW... U should hit us up with a longer one, i like ur selection. 8)
Thanks, mate...I have just encoded a 66min mix for ya's will be uploading it next week after New Years...I'll wait until everyone get's this current one...coz I have to remove it from the server later as I've only got 50mb webspace. The mix is 43mb ogg for 66min by the way ;)

oh and steve. don't dis the mix. just because it was arranged in acid, doesn't mean it's not worthy of a listen. If you want, you can lend me your decks and I will blow your aural experience out of the window.

I can see it now on the news. "Young reveler at a pre-NYE bedroom mashup goes into a coma due to unexplained phenomenon. Man later recovers to be found with having an increased function in brain activity, but an inexplicable case of tourette's syndrome which upon he yells Grimey, Grimey every so often..."
johnnynostars

Post by johnnynostars »

ogg has me intrigued...

Encoder recommendations?
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

Rob M wrote:OGG doesn't screw around with any lossy acoustic filters like mp3 does
OGG is lossy, as is mp3, Real, Windows Media, etc. just a diferentway of encoding.

still, cool little mixtape 8)
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

andycole23_steve wrote:sorry dude but in my opinion arranging tunes in acid isnt mixing :roll:
...why not use NATIVE INSTRUMENTS: Traktor DJ Studio 2?
ok I'll try next time, to appease you. But did you comment after listening to it, or not really? ...otherwise :roll: << :P

anyway, I'd rather be physically at the decks than to try and mix on a pc...hence I prefer to arrange shit in acid like every other bootlegger out there :P
johnnynostars wrote:Encoder recommendations?
..and johnny, check out: http://www.vorbis.com/

shadow is right ... ogg is lossy, i heard it's got better handling of acoustics...don't ask me, just read the sites and numerous faq's or google it online :P ... but for online mixes, I know that ogg is making way for the best new streaming format in online radio. with icecast and ogg -- being better than shoutcast and mp3...go figure. :)

however i don't see hardware vendors jumping on the ogg bandwagon...because it's all marketing these days with mp3 and ipod :)

It's just an alternative like everything else.
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

That's called white label :)

...but yeh i know what you mean.
quick

Post by quick »

andycole23_steve wrote:
Rob M wrote:That's called white label :)

...but yeh i know what you mean.
no....a whitelabel release doesnt have to be a bootleg'd tune....
some1 correct me if im speaking wrong
No, you are correct, and some bootlegs have dodgy labels...

Bootleg doesn't equal Whitelabel
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick