BDO

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
flippo

BDO

Post by flippo »

are any of you clowns going to BDO or are you all to jaded to be seen with lots of people who are no where near as cool as you? :lol:

I'm looking forward to Frenzal, concord Dawn, John Buttler Trio, Powerderfinger, Beasty Boys, The Streets. Blues Explosion, Kid Koala and Hilltops.

Not the best lineup I've seen but anyhoo...
mecka

Post by mecka »

Tix sold out yesterday apparently. I'm fucking cut.
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

yeah i'm going. I've never been before and i thought the lineup this year was ok so i thought i'd check it out.
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

I might be going if my sis manages to get those cheap tix, if not then im not rerally fussed I'm so over the BDO. I prefer a big night out :D
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

me and the posse are going... been every year since the first 8)

too much goodness to look forward to :D
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

I'll be there! :D

Gotta work there for the first 4-6 hours though...
Fents

Post by Fents »

Already got my ticket!. 8)
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

This year's lineup didn't grab me especially. 2004 had some great acts but most of the ones I wanted to see were on at the same time!

I've been to some great BDOs in Sydney, which they hold at the Olympic site. Great setup there, lots of smaller rooms for side stages and all the facilities are in good nick. And the dome where they have the Boiler Room is possibly the largest indoor venue I've ever seen - when you look at the crowd, the sea of heads goes on forever.

Seeing the Reprazent band in said Boiler Room and then chilling out on the floor in a small room where the Necks were playing was truly a memorable end to a big day out.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Decided that i'd spend my money just to see the Beastie Boys @ Festival Hall.

Might be the last time they'll be here, who knows?
lynt

Post by lynt »

My brother called me from the BDO in Qld last night, said it was dope.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

missed out on tickets, probably would have gone, considering im interested in seeing BB's, CD, KK, RJ, HH, Freestylers, CB's... you get the idea.
Would cost a packet to even see 3 of these side shows.

I do feel a bit better though considering some of those acts have 45 minute time slots. That is not even a half show. :roll:
Smismid

Post by Smismid »

I'm goin. Its always a good day regardless of whether you dig the lineup or not.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

TimmyG wrote:I'll be there! :D

Gotta work there for the first 4-6 hours though...
I'll be there working with ya timmy :D
Friday

Post by Friday »

DBoy wrote:missed out on tickets
i can still get you some tix if you want d....
spazz

Post by spazz »

workin it workin it.........

Lookin forward to the Bboys and Hiltop Hoods and for old times sake the chem brothers..........

4-6 hours is alright timmy - its sooo doable - methinks a booze consumption plan whilst working on da gates is in order. Wee flasks????

Hmmm.

The only thing is getting to the pig pens that double as bars at the BDO. A lot of skanky sheet goes to this thing.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

spazz wrote:workin it workin it.........

Lookin forward to the Bboys and Hiltop Hoods and for old times sake the chem brothers..........

4-6 hours is alright timmy - its sooo doable - methinks a booze consumption plan whilst working on da gates is in order. Wee flasks????

Hmmm.

The only thing is getting to the pig pens that double as bars at the BDO. A lot of skanky sheet goes to this thing.
Jase i think hip flasks are definitely the go! Cos having to work with you and timmy may drive me bonkers hahaha kidding! Go the Fitzroy crew on da gates. :D
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Oh yeah and if i am on the gates when the Hoods are on, someone may end up in a lot of pain :evil: i don't know who, but someone! :evil:
Fents

Post by Fents »

^^^^^ Sweet guys i know which gates i will be bumrushing ;)
quick

Post by quick »

Workin it too, 3rd year in a row. But this time I didn't have to do it straight after Rainbow, man that was tough. :shock:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

over 200 people were busted by sniffer dogs and plain-clothes Policemen for posession at the Sydney BDO

:shock:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Fents

Post by Fents »

breaksRbest wrote:over 200 people were busted by sniffer dogs and plain-clothes Policemen for posession at the Sydney BDO

:shock:
Dogs have been sniffin around syd clubs and gigs for some time now. I'd be suprised if it happens here (ala summergayze) although im 80% sure the drug bus will be out in force. :?
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/ ... 84,00.html

Tribes united (January 27, 2005)

AN ECLECTIC line-up of veteran rockers, hip-hoppers, dance duos and fledgling fusion drew more than 55,000 people to the annual gathering of Sydney's musical tribes at the 2005 Big Day Out yesterday.

Headliners the Beastie Boys, Powderfinger and the Chemical Brothers may have commanded the main stages after sunset but it was the breakthrough local acts who drew enormous crowds of up to 20,000 people to the smaller stages.
The BDO punters were greeted by dozens of police and sniffer dogs at the Olympic Park railway exit.

Police said more than 200 people were arrested with a range of drugs in their possession, including LSD, amphetamines, cannabis and ecstasy.

Overall, 21 people were caught on supply charges, including five juveniles. One man was caught with 19 ecstasy tablets and nine bags of speed.

But BDO 2005 attracted a crowd more into having fun and listening to music yesterday than causing trouble, as evidenced by the regular presence of girls at the front of the barricades.

St John Ambulance staff treated more than 533 people for minor injuries, including headaches, heat exhaustion and blisters, with 10 people taken to hospital.

Earlier in the day Swedish rock band The Hives did their best to beat the sweaty conditions in their classy black and white dinner suits.

"We are cool people playing cool music to cool you down," said lead singer Howling Pelle.

Powderfinger delivered the ultimate sing-along set, even inspiring one female fan to throw her bra in the direction of frontman Bernhard Fanning.

The festival also signalled the local bands to watch with stellar performances from New Zealand rapper Scribe, Sydney trio Wolfmother, blues rock duo the Mess Hall and Ramones-influenced girl group Spazzys.

For the first time in the festival's 13-year history the closing act, the Chemical Brothers, were moved to the main stage.

Their electronic rock set turned the Sydney Showground's main arena into a jam-packed rave with a crowd no longer moshing, but dancing with the last vestiges of energy after a 12-hour day.

:D thank god they are keeping the Chems in the boiler room in Melb.

weather forecast for Sunday: Fine, Max 27 :D perfect!
mecka

Post by mecka »

Just a question: Does anybody know where I can get 2 tix? I've been hunting nonstop but its a near impossibility... I'm considering resorting to eBay.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

maybe try BDO forums?
mecka

Post by mecka »

they've got forums? k thanks.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Update on doggies.. all good news :D (or bullshit :?: )

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 62,00.html
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Mecka, check http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressrele ... ?NewsId=29

MELBOURNE BIG DAY OUT SOLD OUT–PROMOTERS RELEASE 1000 DOOR TICKETS FOR SALE ON FRIDAY

27-1-05

With presale tickets to the MELBOURNE Big Day Out completely sold out, the promoters are happy to announce that a limited number of door sale tickets will be made available for purchase on Friday morning on a first come first served basis.

The 1000 door tickets will be released for purchase from The Athenaeum Theatre Ticketmaster outlet, Collins St Melbourne from 9am on Friday 28th January. The tickets will cost $120 inclusive and will be available for CASH purchase only until sold out.

These tickets, which are normally reserved for show day sales have been released in an effort to give audience members who have missed out a last opportunity to attend the event whilst minimising opportunities for scalping.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Polyphonic Spree, Auckland BDO 2005 :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

Awesome. Cheers stovequeen!
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

mecka wrote:Awesome. Cheers stovequeen!
pleasure. i also saw someone post on the BDO thread (ITM) that they had tic's for sale
Fents

Post by Fents »

Mecka - PM miss FRIDY on these forums she said in an earlier post she can still get some...Lucie more info?
mecka

Post by mecka »

I reckon I'm just gonna go down and queue for the tix tomoro morning around 4. Ain't got nothing better to do tonite :D

Cheers Fents.

Plus I got a few friends working the gates this year so we'll see
what happens.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Just pick the Gate Quick and Liz are working at ;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Fents wrote:Just pick the Gate Quick and Liz are working at ;)
For sure, we'll take care of you Mecka...and Fents baby :D
killeye

Post by killeye »

Anyone going to the Freestyler's sideshow...i am for one... the tix were initially $55...now down to $33 :D sold me
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
mecka

Post by mecka »

Fuckin.... CRAP!

If I'd known that Quick and Lizkins were workin the gates - I wouldn't have gone to queue up at 4:30am outside the Athaneum to get tix.

The upside is, I am now in possession of 2 Big Day Out doorsale tickets. There were about 500 people in the queue when we left (me and my mate were 6th in line). There was a limit of 6 tickets per person. Countless jokes were made about the first 2 people buying 500 tickets each.

I'd like to offer my personal thanks to Stovequeen for the heads up about the 1000 extra presales. Cheers - if I ever meet you, remind me to buy you a beer.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

No probs mate

Glad to be of assitance. Will be organising a hook up with Fents during the day so perhaps we'll meet then...if not have a rocking time! 8)
mecka

Post by mecka »

Will do. Fents can do the introductions and I can get you that beer.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

noice, see ya there Ollie... Its Fi btw :wink:
Fents

Post by Fents »

HAHAHAHAHAH yea i can do the introductions for the millonth time...it'll cost ya 2 beers tho ollie ;)
mecka

Post by mecka »

Done, son. I still owe you one for the KombatRoast last christmas. I've got a long memory man.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

What a fuckin great day! I had a blast working on the gate and even more fun roaming around the place and being a dick with the squirrel and G man. Saw heaps of bands and stuff. "Two thumbs up fine holiday fun" :D

And nice to finally meet you Mecka properly :D
quick

Post by quick »

Twas good fun, saw most peeps there, even if it was only for a sec or two. I'll be back, only cos I get paid to be back. :wink:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
mecka

Post by mecka »

Yeh it was a bloody good day to be had by all. There was not a cloud in the sky for most of the day.

From memory I caught (in order) The Donnas, Concord Dawn, Gsan and Scribe, Hilltop Hoods (holy crap hot and packed), the Streets (or, get 10 randoms in a tree to describe to you), System of a Down (it was spectacular), A little bit of Carl Cox (hahaha "my home crowd" hahaha), Beastie Boys and Chemical Bros to finish up.

The Beasties put on a bloody fantastic show. I really didn't expect them to do half the stuff that they did. It's a pity that the turnarounds between pulling instuments on and off stage made a few people leave.

So many nice lookin people around.

Nice to meet you as well Lizkins. Stovequeen - nice to meet you finally.... again.