Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
nhd

Post by nhd »

paying $36 for a totally SHITE haircut, sigh, shoulda just left it, now its freaking way too short and nerdy.....
quick

Post by quick »

lynt wrote:poor Steve, should I call the wImage

:binky:
:roll:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
mecka

Post by mecka »

feeling completely pointless lately.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote:feeling completely pointless lately.
:(

That sucks. Stay cool brudda!
kemicalsista

Post by kemicalsista »

had to sell stuff to pay rent... too much partaying! :(
your momma couldn't fit in a can bro'
Amick

Post by Amick »

being broke (again)..only got paid on wednesday...
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

my mate sold his mixer, (that i had been using) and now i no longer can mix at home... :cry: :cry:
mrj

Post by mrj »

Ritchie Hawtins current haircut! What the HELL are you doing man?
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mrj wrote:Ritchie Hawtins current haircut! What the HELL are you doing man?
pic please
mrj

Post by mrj »

Lizkins wrote:
pic please

not befiitting an awesome techno Dj at all. diva vocal house maybe, but not bangin techno!
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mrj wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
pic please

not befiitting an awesome techno Dj at all. diva vocal house maybe, but not bangin techno!
:shock: bahahahahahahaaaaaa worst hair cut ever! :lol: those emo kids have something to compete with now :lol:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

bwahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha richie hawtin, what have u done
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

i am so bored :roll:
...and basically that's the situation
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Mellogs wrote:i am so bored :roll:
i'm pete hows it going
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

hey hey pete! what you doin with ya fine self?
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Lizkins wrote:
mrj wrote:
Lizkins wrote: pic please

:shock: bahahahahahahaaaaaa worst hair cut ever! :lol: those emo kids have something to compete with now :lol:
thing is Sven Vath so did that hair cut a few years back...

mecka

Post by mecka »

Hi, im oli and i'm bored too. I'd like to go to fractured to c my mate nam play for his birthday but ppl I don't want to c are going to be there.

Also, I'm really feeling pointless again. Been job hunting all week (hence my absence from here and other places) but nothings come up, no phone calls not even rejection ones.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mecka wrote:Hi, im oli and i'm bored too. I'd like to go to fractured to c my mate nam play for his birthday but ppl I don't want to c are going to be there.

Also, I'm really feeling pointless again. Been job hunting all week (hence my absence from here and other places) but nothings come up, no phone calls not even rejection ones.
forget the people who will be there, and go have a good night out Ollie. You sound like you need it. go have a drink :smt023
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

fucking stand-over tactics, last minute pressures on a Friday arvo... COULD NOT :twisted:
Last edited by stovequeen on Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

Fucking slow background checkers took too long. Lost the job opportunity. Feel fucked over.
Allons-y!
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

mecka wrote:Hi, im oli and i'm bored too. I'd like to go to fractured to c my mate nam play for his birthday but ppl I don't want to c are going to be there.

isnt he your brother? cant you see him at the family dinner? :lol:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Zerotonine wrote:Fucking slow background checkers took too long. Lost the job opportunity. Feel fucked over.
that's crap dude, really sorry to hear it.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Zerotonine wrote:Fucking slow background checkers took too long. Lost the job opportunity. Feel fucked over.
:smt056

Onwards and upwards Z29- there's a better one 'round the corner

Enjoy the the sleep ins in the meantime :D

Gonna see you at Vulva tonites then?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mecka

Post by mecka »

Mellogs wrote:

isnt he your brother? cant you see him at the family dinner? :lol:
yeh but you know brothers don't get along all the time. or even know that they're borthers :lol:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

gripe of the month is international gig clashes

gripe of the week the hot weather (not today)

gripe of the day - fucken working till 8 while other cunts get free drinks and nibbles in the board room from 4:30 on wards... fucken wankfuckcockcunts
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
Zerotonine

Post by Zerotonine »

gnat wrote:

Thanks Natty, dunno if I really feel like heading out at the moment...had my heart set on it too, went through this bitcharse long process, everything's cool...client likes me, recruiter likes me, just need to get this background check done. Get the call that says "Ooops, they're taking too long...sorry, can't help you...back to unemployment for you!" Ugh...I can understand rejection...no worries, which means I fucked up in an interview, or I'm just not qualified enough or whatever...but when you get your hopes up and everything looks to be okay, then you get kicked while you're on the ground for something that's completely out of your control...and you KNOW that things could have been made better if someone on the other end just pulled their finger out, then that pisses me off.

This is my future for fuck's sake, I'm really pissed that they would fuck with it. Goddamn it, if they knew it was such a short timeframe in which to get the process done, then why didn't the recruitment agency plan better and make sure there was enough time to have it completed? Then the recruiter's being all sympathetic and shit..."This doesn't have to end the relationship between yourself and the client, there may be another opening in the very near future...or we can find you something else..."

Bullshit, it was a lovely salary considering what I used to be on, RDO's (which I've never had in my life), public holidays that mean something (That I haven't had in two years, at my last job, if you didn't work a public holiday, you still have to work 5 days that week), Monday-Friday...christ, I've had to work at least one weekend day for the most part for the past 4 goddamn years. I can handle fuck ups in my life if it's my doing, but when someone else does shit that I have no control over...fuck it...

I was almost there too...I put myself out there, worked hard and got a kick in the teeth. Maybe I will go to Rev and get pissed tonight, I don't know. Just feel abandoned or some shit. Like Fate is just toying with me. Or maybe it's God. Or Yahweh if you're Jewish. Shiva? Any chick with that many arms has got be stirring up trouble. Fuck.
Allons-y!
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

it's a fucked up situation Chris, sorry to hear about the fucktards at the recruitment company. I know you'll be right and end up with a kick ass job.

as Gnat said, there's a better one around the corner.

got our fingers crossed for ya dude
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
kemicalsista

Post by kemicalsista »

Zerotonine wrote:
gnat wrote:

Thanks Natty, dunno if I really feel like heading out at the moment...had my heart set on it too, went through this bitcharse long process, everything's cool...client likes me, recruiter likes me, just need to get this background check done. Get the call that says "Ooops, they're taking too long...sorry, can't help you...back to unemployment for you!" Ugh...I can understand rejection...no worries, which means I fucked up in an interview, or I'm just not qualified enough or whatever...but when you get your hopes up and everything looks to be okay, then you get kicked while you're on the ground for something that's completely out of your control...and you KNOW that things could have been made better if someone on the other end just pulled their finger out, then that pisses me off.

This is my future for fuck's sake, I'm really pissed that they would fuck with it. Goddamn it, if they knew it was such a short timeframe in which to get the process done, then why didn't the recruitment agency plan better and make sure there was enough time to have it completed? Then the recruiter's being all sympathetic and shit..."This doesn't have to end the relationship between yourself and the client, there may be another opening in the very near future...or we can find you something else..."

Bullshit, it was a lovely salary considering what I used to be on, RDO's (which I've never had in my life), public holidays that mean something (That I haven't had in two years, at my last job, if you didn't work a public holiday, you still have to work 5 days that week), Monday-Friday...christ, I've had to work at least one weekend day for the most part for the past 4 goddamn years. I can handle fuck ups in my life if it's my doing, but when someone else does shit that I have no control over...fuck it...

I was almost there too...I put myself out there, worked hard and got a kick in the teeth. Maybe I will go to Rev and get pissed tonight, I don't know. Just feel abandoned or some shit. Like Fate is just toying with me. Or maybe it's God. Or Yahweh if you're Jewish. Shiva? Any chick with that many arms has got be stirring up trouble. Fuck.

hey doodie, must have been the wrong job for ya...fate has stepped in, there is a better one round tha corner
your momma couldn't fit in a can bro'
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

what sort of work were ya looking for zerotine,

can ya hoist a sail or scrub wooden decks?
nic

Post by nic »

5 years of uni coing to a very rapid close......and my panels wont print!...fuckign printers..fucking pdfs. grrrr....trunning outta ideas.
lol back to uni then
nhd

Post by nhd »

working 10hr days doing manual labour BLOWS
im so fucking sore, one more day to go, just one more day
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

munt beard wrote:what sort of work were ya looking for zerotine,

Be ye a sea dog Munty? I always wanted to work at sea for some reason. My grampa was a ship captain... ARRRR ME HEARTIES!
flippo

Post by flippo »

Hardy wrote:

Be ye a sea dog Munty? I always wanted to work at sea for some reason. My grampa was a ship captain... ARRRR ME HEARTIES!
otter board trawler, seiners and long-line deckies make an absolute fucken killing. Big big money if your willing to spend some tome at sea.
marcus

Post by marcus »

flippo wrote:
Hardy wrote:

otter board trawler, seiners and long-line deckies make an absolute fucken killing. Big big money if your willing to spend some tome at sea.
You want to work on the open seas - tax free american dollars!!! Met some guys once a few years back who flew choppers on tuna boats - they were making (no shit) over US$200000 a year tax free. Not much of an exsistence though, they were working on some korean boat (ie not much social interaction with other people) and basically played playstation all day.
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
nic

Post by nic »

^shit!

thats also very hard work id imagine?
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

bored :smt015
mecka

Post by mecka »

GOTD: Wanting so fucking desperately to fix something that cannot be fixed, ever. it fucking hurts and i just want it to feel better goddamit.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mecka wrote:GOTD: Wanting so fucking desperately to fix something that cannot be fixed, ever. it fucking hurts and i just want it to feel better goddamit.
:? you what Ollie? Is it physical or mental?
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Had to take my mum into hospital for what was supposed to be day surgery, so happens she might be in till saturday which is my birthday. :cry:
mecka

Post by mecka »

Lizkins wrote:
mecka wrote:GOTD: Wanting so fucking desperately to fix something that cannot be fixed, ever. it fucking hurts and i just want it to feel better goddamit.
emotional. not mental or physical.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Mellogs wrote:Had to take my mum into hospital for what was supposed to be day surgery, so happens she might be in till saturday which is my birthday. :cry:
that's shite Mel. We'll make sure you party hard on da boat so you don't think about it....or even remember your own name :twisted: :D 8)

....ummmm you are coming on the boat party yah? cos you will be punished if you ain't :smt045
mecka

Post by mecka »

oh yeh... mel that is pretty shite....
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Lizkins wrote:
Mellogs wrote:Had to take my mum into hospital for what was supposed to be day surgery, so happens she might be in till saturday which is my birthday. :cry:
that's shite Mel. We'll make sure you party hard on da boat so you don't think about it....or even remember your own name :twisted: :D 8)

....ummmm you are coming on the boat party yah? cos you will be punished if you ain't :smt045
I dont think I am anymore, I missed out on a ticket :cry:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mecka wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
emotional. not mental or physical.
oh right then. well you know it can be changed, its just whether you want it to or not. not cool being a martyr :(
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Mellogs wrote:
Lizkins wrote:

hang fire on that one babe. i may be able to help :smt023

oh actually, if Direktor don't mind me saying - he still has a few more i think.
pitch helix

Post by pitch helix »

so many little bitey mungrels out at the moment.

got 2 mega bites on my knuckles. fuck they hurt for a while. now they just itch and stick out like 2 red cherries.

fucking little things are everywhere.
it's the most beautiful ugly sound in the world
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Lizkins wrote:
Mellogs wrote:
Lizkins wrote: that's shite Mel. We'll make sure you party hard on da boat so you don't think about it....or even remember your own name :twisted: :D 8)

oh actually, if Direktor don't mind me saying - he still has a few more i think.
ooh, and Director lives in my street, so maybe I'll give Marvie a visit on the way home today
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Mellogs wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
Mellogs wrote: I dont think I am anymore, I missed out on a ticket :cry:

ooh, and Director lives in my street, so maybe I'll give Marvie a visit on the way home today
Yes i think you should do that for sure! :D 8) Call him Marky Mark for me :lol:
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Lizkins wrote:
Mellogs wrote:
Lizkins wrote: hang fire on that one babe. i may be able to help :smt023

Yes i think you should do that for sure! :D 8) Call him Marky Mark for me :lol:
will do :roll:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

nah seriously its funny. come on Mel :lol:

But YAY for you coming to the boat party now :D WOOT!!! :smt026