PENDULUM (DJ EL HORNET) @ HI FI BAR 08.04.06

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

fucken hell what a night, had to leave early, but i have to say BBA a farken killen it atm
Johnny Hooves

Post by Johnny Hooves »

that woz one damn damn fine party!

if anyone can find anything to moan about from that gig ill slap them!!
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

fuckin hell man. That was quite a good nite. Had to leave half way thru El Hornets set cause work work commitments - and lil sleep dep - but the place was set up well and everyone was having a ball. Good to see Pendulum finally getting the crowd they deserve!!!

How about dropping Rage Against the Machine in the middle of the Voodoo people remix and then switching it back to voodoo. I ain't seen EVERY SIGLE MOFO in the place putting their hands up in the air and singing along. Wicked!!!
mecka

Post by mecka »

ouch.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Also wanna big up Joe and Keir for closing up very nicely!!! really dug your set!!!

Cyantific & Matrix - Cover Story = :smt007
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

ac23 wrote:sidewinder remix

ollie :arrow: :hardy: :arrow: mental
Mental is the only response possible to that tune. Fucking...MENTAL!!!
10MO.

Post by 10MO. »

yes, what a fucking night!!! Party of the year so for me for me...
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

pix or gtfo
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

that tune is so old
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
quick

Post by quick »

Spherix wrote:

that tune is so old
the original is older
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Spherix wrote:

that tune is so old
you're old
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
Spherix wrote:

that tune is so old
you're old
i'm young
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

sAme'0 wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
Spherix wrote: that tune is so old
you're old
i'm young
:scr1pt: im youngest :teef:

yeah was a good night..... tho... too many idiots spilling their bicardi's all over me who didnt fit into the dnb puzzle... so full! unfortunately my vision was clouded with all forms of horizontal stripes and upwards collars but the wicked tunes made up for it

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

cha_chaos wrote:
sAme'0 wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote: you're old
i'm young
unfortunately my vision was clouded with all forms of horizontal stripes
i want what ur on
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

:teef: :lol:

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Pics to come, but because it was so damn hot in there my photos look all steamy! :shock:
almax

Post by almax »

Johnny Hooves wrote:that woz one damn damn fine party!

cha_chaos wrote: too many idiots spilling their bicardi's all over me who didnt fit into the dnb puzzle... so full! unfortunately my vision was clouded with all forms of horizontal stripes and upwards collars but the wicked tunes made up for it

theres always someone
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

almax wrote:
Johnny Hooves wrote:that woz one damn damn fine party!

cha_chaos wrote: too many idiots spilling their bicardi's all over me who didnt fit into the dnb puzzle... so full! unfortunately my vision was clouded with all forms of horizontal stripes and upwards collars but the wicked tunes made up for it

theres always someone
meh, you can slap me...
just the whole triple J thing brought alot of.... peopleidontenjoyseeingatdnbgigs... along

valuetime

Post by valuetime »

don't diss the crowd. while i did get pushed around quite a bit under the AC, i thought the crowd was excellent.

bottom line: the house was rammed and vibin at midnight. if half those people had a blast and got a flyer for blazin or elementz or whatever, then hopefully a fraction of them will come back to our weeklies and monthlies eager for more.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Alot of the peeps that were there to had never heard what Drum n Bass was! So to have new faces come and experience that, it's a huge plus! What made me laugh the most was the gurners and this chick trying to hold in her spew while fighting to get out of the crowd! Classy!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

cha_chaos wrote:
meh, you can slap me...
just the whole triple J thing brought alot of.... peopleidontenjoyseeingatdnbgigs... along
doesn't sound like a problem to me - everyone has to get into drum&bass somehow. I assume you came out of the womb with a kenny ken mixtape in yr hand so can pass judgement on others late entrance into the scene.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

Spherix wrote:

that tune is so old
OMGHI2U! :wave:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
quick

Post by quick »

hey everyone, there was a SLIGHTLY negative comment on here... lets quote it several times so everyone see's it and makes a huge fuss...

:roll:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
lynt

Post by lynt »

quick wrote:hey everyone, there was a SLIGHTLY negative comment on here... lets quote it several times so everyone see's it and makes a huge fuss...

:roll:
ok
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

shepherd wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:
meh, you can slap me...
doesn't sound like a problem to me - everyone has to get into drum&bass somehow. I assume you came out of the womb with a kenny ken mixtape in yr hand so can pass judgement on others late entrance into the scene.
Just Cha's view dude, i get fuckin shitty with dickheads with their collars up too. Its just what you like or don't like, i am sure you have the same feelings on certain scenes.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i think it's a cop out - the old 'jjj wankers making it hard for me with their collars/bacardi - insert cliche here' ... fuck who cares, just go and enjoy the music and bitch about it within the confines of your immediate friends ;)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

shepherd wrote:i think it's a cop out - the old 'jjj wankers making it hard for me with their collars/bacardi - insert cliche here' ... fuck who cares, just go and enjoy the music and bitch about it within the confines of your immediate friends ;)
yeah, but it ain't as fun as whingeing and bitching on a forum. Personally i feel its an artform :P
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

Stop using those stereotypes. it's quite sad.
who cares what people wear, its about the music.
dnb wasn't created for certain people to enjoy, but for everyone.
do see your point, just happens to be wankers in all crowds.
Last edited by sternumbreaks on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

valuetime wrote:bottom line: the house was rammed and vibin at midnight. if half those people had a blast and got a flyer for blazin or elementz or whatever, then hopefully a fraction of them will come back to our weeklies and monthlies eager for more.
:scr1pt: not often that you will ever see that at a D&B gig. :shock:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
lynt

Post by lynt »

valuetime wrote:don't diss the crowd. while i did get pushed around quite a bit under the AC, i thought the crowd was excellent.

bottom line: the house was rammed and vibin at midnight. if half those people had a blast and got a flyer for blazin or elementz or whatever, then hopefully a fraction of them will come back to our weeklies and monthlies eager for more.

Bring on the next generation. There were a lot lof youngings there probably at their first D&B gig ever, they're the cats who need to know about the next gig, and the gig after that etc. Bring it.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

dude they will now see thebillboards at south yarra and that will bring em cuz the penji one was dere
Keir
PLUS:ONE

Post by Keir »

the more the merrier i say.. whether ya sporting a pink ralph lauren polo and glow sticks or ripped jeans and a mohawk, i would have liked to see twice as many ppl in there so everyone was walking around with someone on their shoulders, that'd have been gold.

i'm still buzzing from the vibes! big up everyone who showed love n support!

that was f**king runnin'
FORWARD FOCUS PRESENTED BY KEIR. SUNDAY NIGHT'S 9-1030PM :: KISS FM
LISTEN LIVE FROM 87.6, 87.8, 88.0 or STREAM LIVE FROM KISSFM.COM.AU -> DOWNLOAD THE KISSFM iPHONE APP HERE
FACEBOOK || MYSPACE
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Keir wrote:the more the merrier i say.. whether ya sporting a pink ralph lauren polo and glow sticks or ripped jeans and a mohawk, i would have liked to see twice as many ppl in there so everyone was walking around with someone on their shoulders, that'd have been gold.

i'm still buzzing from the vibes! big up everyone who showed love n support!

that was f**king runnin'
:scr1pt:

Much respect to the BBA crew. Every BBA i have attended has been quality. The sound, visuals and general vibe at the HiFi was first class :D

Was great to see so many girls at the gig. Lots of young peeps there too. Had loads of people in the breaks room asking "whats this music? where can i see more? etc etc". It's great!

Im not bothered about what people are wearing, age, etc.. as long as they are having a ball and contibuting to a rocking party.. thats all that counts.

Big ups BBA... keep that formula brewing.. :smt038
Keir
PLUS:ONE

Post by Keir »

stovequeen wrote:Im not bothered about what people are wearing, age, etc.. as long as they are having a ball and contibuting to a rocking party.. thats all that counts.
;)
FORWARD FOCUS PRESENTED BY KEIR. SUNDAY NIGHT'S 9-1030PM :: KISS FM
LISTEN LIVE FROM 87.6, 87.8, 88.0 or STREAM LIVE FROM KISSFM.COM.AU -> DOWNLOAD THE KISSFM iPHONE APP HERE
FACEBOOK || MYSPACE
nhd

Post by nhd »

so im back from the dead.
sorry to anyones ear i chewed off, mmm
had a good time, got kinda hot in there, and ive got this massive bruise on my arm from god knows what or when.

so i say bigups BBA!!!
Flash

Post by Flash »

i reckon theres nothing better than seeing new ppl out at these dnb gigs,
Pendulum at the hi-fi for a first gig would be one hell of a show! :twisted:
bound to bring in the numbers after saturday :)
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

wicked night!
and because of pendulum's success on triple j, i was able to drag out a couple of ppl who've never been to a drum'n'bass party- and you know what they fuckin loved it!

don't worry about all the pink polo wearin guys and fancy looking ladies- after a couple more parties they'll all be sporting hoodies and black singlet tops!

biggups BBA
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Sustain wrote:wicked night!
and because of pendulum's success on triple j, i was able to drag out a couple of ppl who've never been to a drum'n'bass party- and you know what they fuckin loved it!

don't worry about all the pink polo wearin guys and fancy looking ladies- after a couple more parties they'll all be sporting hoodies and black singlet tops!

biggups BBA
:lol: that they will :wink:

glad all had fun, i would have to admit that the pink polo massive would actually annoying me somewhat, but as long as all had fun, well cool as!

but i would try and covert them musically and clothes wise :twisted: can't help myself, have done it before to chicks showing up wearing mini skirts and heels...
Fents

Post by Fents »

What the fuck is wrong with mini skirts and heels? Not everyone is into jeans and hoodies...

Look at DJ Storm (UK) and DJ Mystique (Perth)...The dress like damn fine ladies when they play every gig.

And i've never seen my Rachel in Jeans Hoodie and Runners at a dnb gig.

Bring on the skirts i say...
safire

Post by safire »

biggups to everyone for the support.
this gig was absolute madness, and were happy that we've exposed alot of new peeps to drum and bass at the HI FI !!
dun matter what they look like, what music theyre into, collars up or down... its all about good vibes and the music, the more people we can expose to our sound provides for a healthier scene and there's no doubt that we all for that!!

hold tight for wats to come ;)

:twisted:

mecka

Post by mecka »

shepherd wrote: I assume you came out of the womb with a kenny ken mixtape in yr hand so can pass judgement on others late entrance into the scene.
Why so harsh? You're in no position to deal out personal insults.

The JJJ massive are welcome at any party as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not so accepting of some twat who's better suited to a wild night at the local pub stumbling all over the place spilling drinks on people.
It's all fine and well to say "yeah, I was ok up the back" or "but they were all contributing to the overall vibe", but we all know it can only take one person to put a damper on a good night (i.e some popped-collar asshole spilling a drink on you in a drunken, stumbling stupor).

You all may have had a good time, but there's no place for a slightly negative comment? Have a cry, all of you.

EDIT: that having been said, I had a good time.
Focus

Post by Focus »

mecka wrote: Have a cry, all of you.

I found that funny :lol:
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

shepherd wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:
meh, you can slap me...
oh... im very sorry for voicing my opinion.

no i did not come out of the womb as a dnb head... as a matter of fact i only started listening to it when i was 15... no one within 100 k's of where i live has even heard of the genre before. i definately want more people in as much as any other person who's heard it and im trying to do so. i know that it is awesome publicity for dnb to have such a huge gig with so many new faces, tho when i voiced /this/ opinion to people on the night i got slapped back in the other way with many whole lot of points aswell.

oh... and i dont like seeing those people anywhere, im not that judgmental when it comes to looks... but everyone ive met that looks like them has been judgmental to me, and ive met alot(sorry for generalising but who doesnt)... it's obviously more of a personal thing so please dont take it to heart

i think ill keep my comments to myself next time

Sustain

Post by Sustain »

HORRAY FOR PENDULUM!
YAY FOR FINNA AND SAFIRE!
GO THE MIGHTY HI FI BAR!

big-ups to positive vibes and major-boos to so many topics turning into stupid shit fights...

mad night, mad crew, and big-ups to the pink polo massive for discovering the sounds that is drums and basses

look out house clubs, drum n bass is comin to take over :P :teef:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Fents wrote:What the fuck is wrong with mini skirts and heels? Not everyone is into jeans and hoodies...

Look at DJ Storm (UK) and DJ Mystique (Perth)...The dress like damn fine ladies when they play every gig.

And i've never seen my Rachel in Jeans Hoodie and Runners at a dnb gig.

Bring on the skirts i say...
Chill Fentomas. And actually i have seen Rach in jeans and runners before. At any rate, i wasn't referring to your girl. I was referring to the stilleto (sp?) and mini skirts so barely there you know what they had for lunch. And the guys who wear collars (generalisation coming at ya) are usually the ones who cause chicks grief at events. Such as leering and grabbing your arse or tits - and yes i have actually had that done to me on a number of occasions....usually by wankers like that.

but you enjoy your eye candy matey.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Its not about eye candy liz, some woman feel like woman dressed in heels and skirts...And i gaurantee you (i'll bet my house on it) that rach has never worn jeans and runners to a dnb gig...I try and encourage her to but she feel its too casual to wear to a club.

Anyways Pendulum are Pendulum and im 100% sure they smashed the hi fi to bits even tho i couldnt attend. :(
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Fents wrote:Its not about eye candy liz, some woman feel like woman dressed in heels and skirts...And i gaurantee you (i'll bet my house on it) that rach has never worn jeans and runners to a dnb gig...I try and encourage her to but she feel its too casual to wear to a club.

Anyways Pendulum are Pendulum and im 100% sure they smashed the hi fi to bits even tho i couldnt attend. :(
true, they do. i just feel awkward, so have little understanding of it. get picked on by my girlie mates often. each to their own really....
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

Well i gave my tix to sum friends who were busting to go who havent been to a DnB gig b4 and basically knew Pendulum and about this gig from JJJ. I thought this might be a good intro into how we like to party.

..... they want more. :wink:
downtime

Post by downtime »

Sustain wrote:HORRAY FOR PENDULUM!
YAY FOR FINNA AND SAFIRE!
GO THE MIGHTY HI FI BAR!

big-ups to positive vibes and major-boos to so many topics turning into stupid shit fights...

mad night, mad crew, and big-ups to the pink polo massive for discovering the sounds that is drums and basses

look out house clubs, drum n bass is comin to take over :P :teef:
:scr1pt:

Yeah mad mad night. Won't see me complaining about a big crowd!
wooooooo...
Focus

Post by Focus »

Lizkins wrote:And the guys who wear collars (generalisation coming at ya) are usually the ones who cause chicks grief at events. Such as leering and grabbing your arse or tits - and yes i have actually had that done to me on a number of occasions....usually by wankers like that.
I've worn polo's to dnb events before, not pink ones mind you and no collar up either . :)

Trying to pick up at a dnb night seems to invasive to me, its about the music not getting some. I've seen it happen many times at internationals with bad results and bad vibez.

That said, i didn't go to this.