Fuxored tonearm

Post links to mixes here.
aspekt

Fuxored tonearm

Post by aspekt »

in the past week of my decks not being at my house, one of my tonearms has become damaged. Basically the tone arm has been knocked and the pin that allows the tonearm to pivot has dug into the washer thing the covers what i can only assume are tiny ball bearings.

at first the tone arm was not quite level (in the way that it doesn't normally pivot). so i unscrewed the pin and screwed it back down and it seems to be slightly better. it seems to have affected the anti-skate force a lot. scratching a record back and forwards (especially over beat) will cause the needle to skate back towards the start of the track and it seems to get about halfway through the record before it starts looping like there's a fuck off scratch in record.

i've had a look in the service manual and there doesn't seem to be any info about it and the closest it comes to a replacement part is the whole tonearm.

does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem other than replacing the tonearm and if that's what it comes down to what is the cost likely to be?

fuck i wish this hadn't happened. I've been hanging out all week to have a mix and now i can't =(

I'll take photos if i can get a macro capable camera.

ps i have 1200s (but i figured you all assumed that anyway=D

I hope this all makes sense.
There's no justice, just us.