Producers day meetup/party - aLive this SAT, 1st Bday!

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
LuKo

Producers day meetup/party - aLive this SAT, 1st Bday!

Post by LuKo »

hopefully see some of ya'll nerds down there :lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

I'll be there for sho'
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

might have to drag myself down for a looksie before other commitments kick in later that nite.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

nice one guys :D
Luka

Post by Luka »

great one guys

was a nice little catch up out in the beergarden

i gotta get my shit together and give you a demo
problem child
messycreations
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

yes yes you do :)

as do many other people around this forum ;)
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

i went to this :(
about 10pm or something it was crap
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Yeah, but what do you really think?
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

Spherix wrote:i went to this :(
LOL

yeah? what didnt you like mate?
Luka

Post by Luka »

its basically in the interest of all you guys, the more of you that all go, the hotter the production scene in melbourne will be
problem child
messycreations
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

can someone set me straight,

am I a bit deluded? in thinking that roughly 120 people through the door to see local producers play their music live, in a daytime, social setting over a few beers is crap

hmmm, what are we missing? another hundred people? was it the music you didnt like?

If you produce music and had nothing more than that to get on and say I feel very sorry for you....yes thats very dissapointing indeed, when you are tryin to tarnish a scene thats very small and really only supporting people like you, me, whoever get heard..
Last edited by LuKo on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resist

Post by resist »

LuKo wrote:am I a bit deluded? in thinking that roughly 120 people through the door to see local producers play their music live, in a daytime, social setting over a few beers is crap
hmmm.. Sounds bloody great to me, wish I could have made it down.
cuznmatt

Post by cuznmatt »

Spherix wrote:i went to this :(
nothing like a bit of good constructive criticism. thanks. am sure the guys will take this on board.
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

was great a great nite- ,,,, so much talent,,,,,

guys like enclave and timothy allen have had their tracks released,

every set unique within itself and also to the listener,
TheBrains

Post by TheBrains »

Yay Spherix, that's some A1 sh*t-canning.

If ever I need pointless criticisim, can I PM you?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I'm hoping it's meant as a joke
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

LuKo wrote:can someone set me straight,

am I a bit deluded? in thinking that roughly 120 people through the door to see local producers play their music live, in a daytime, social setting over a few beers is crap

hmmm, what are we missing? another hundred people? was it the music you didnt like?

If you produce music and had nothing more than that to get on and say I feel very sorry for you....yes thats very dissapointing indeed, when you are tryin to tarnish a scene thats very small and really only supporting people like you, me, whoever get heard..
yeha it was the music not the party....the three guys i saw on stage had that much gear but seemingly had no idea how to use it. i found them boring.
maybe i shouldnt have said anything, but thats like eating at a shit restaurant, paying full price and not having something to say about it to me.
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

however i did get there late and will allow for inebriation :teef:
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

:teef:
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Citizen Smif wrote::roll: Spherix

what would you know, do you even write tunes ?
i hear some guys from canadia write all the tunes and he's the designated dj since he can't produce for shit
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

LukeMcD

Post by LukeMcD »

I cant believe some one would get on this forum and bag out an event that is put together to support live original local music.

Are you someone who thinks we should all give up??????? Maybe we should stop loosing money on events like this and give up because you dont think its worth $5. Fark me. I

And then say its like paying full price for a meal and something something.
Sorry mate $5 entry must have really hurt for you.
We are more than happy to give it back to you.
I can call all the acts and everyone who worked on the event and let them know they need to put in to pay back some guy who did not think he got his money's worth.
I have to ask, di you see any of the other 4 live acts? You see this event is not about your taste, it's about the taste of the producers and what they are putting out. We had breaks, house, progressive, techno and electro, take it or leave it but saying, "It's crap" really does not suggest your thinking about it much.
We give oportunity to up and coming acts and people who would otherwise never get to play live to an audience.

Who are you and who do you Dj for and why cant you be a little more discriptive so in future we can improve the event so it is actually worth your $5.

Really keen to come check out one of your shows. Hope its no more than $5 though because a man has got to eat.

Note how I did not like what you said yet ,managed to get my point across without being a total prick or insulting anyone........

Have a go.
You're the kind of person who reads things !

www.smashbangrecords.com
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Citizen Smif wrote:
Catacomb
(Andyslim, Bantom, Spherix, Kace)
Forthcoming releases on Citrus, Fokuz, Ohm Resistance, and Shadybrain. Catacomb tracks are being found in record bags from Phace, Robot Death Squad, Noisia- the list goes on!
:teef:
:roll:
ruby

Post by ruby »

We got there late but the tunes were fun, not my cup of tea, but fun nonetheless. For the next one could some better sound be organised? Really my only crit was that the sound was muddy and well...not all that loud from where we were standing. Maybe a different venue...I think that it might work at a place like Bunker?
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

yeah i'd like to come check out your next show spherix

where do you play?

ruby thanx for the feedback, to tellk you the truth I didnt pay much attention to teh sound after the initial setup (which had no-one in the room) so thats something we will defo look at

SPherix ur obviously talking about us whenb you describe 3 boring people who cant use their equipment. I would say its more a case of us still finding our feet after only 2 months together, take 3 people all with their own live sets put em together and try and make em play together in time, in tune and not too muddy is quite the challenge, howevere we are getting there

we will work on making it less boring, but you didnt point out any areas taht may be a good place to start? I dont know were the tunes too slow? probably underproduced? should we look up more?

throw us a bone G
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

okay guys well i wasnt bagginbg the event for starters, good on eyou for putting something on. im not having a cry about the price either, the restaurant jibe was just a metaphor.
the sound was pretty bad, i agree.
i did find those three boring but thats not to say they should stop. i think developing the sounds in the tunes would be a good start. perhaps some more processing on the drums etc, to make them sound their own.

the tempo is nothing i make all kinds of music hell ive even made a breaks tune :teef:

lets replace my "its crap" with "i didnt enjoy it" and we can all hug and be nice to each other.
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

and no i didnt see theo ther live acts so im going on like 45 mins in the place.

my bad.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

ur a crack up j
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

I SAW SOME GUY WITH A TRUE PLAYAZ JUMPER THOUGH!

that was entertaining :D
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

Spherix wrote:i did find those three boring but thats not to say they should stop. i think developing the sounds in the tunes would be a good start. perhaps some more processing on the drums etc, to make them sound their own.

the tempo is nothing i make all kinds of music hell ive even made a breaks tune :teef:

lets replace my "its crap" with "i didnt enjoy it" and we can all hug and be nice to each other.
ok well the sounds arent developed at all within the tunes, cause...well we dont play tunes, theres one or two in there but the rest at the moment is very much improvised

we do need to get more studio time together to write something together, tho at the moment with the timeframe we have we have been improving and seeing what works - not ideal we know, but give us time ;)

im interested in the processing drums call? I use alot of effects on breaks to get bizarre sounds, and use different methods of extracting hits and recontructing rythms with either midi or cut n paste methods

with two people playing drums at any one time, making the two sets of percussion sound like they are coming from teh one drummer per say is a challenge? any advise appreciated

and dont let one aLive deter you - even tho you didnt really give it much of a chance! come down to the next one, I'll buy you a beer , hand me a demo - we'll put youon at the next one and you can show us how you like to see it done! We can watch and hopefully learn :wink:
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

yeth i'll try get there earlier next time

re: drums : maybe rout both drum machines through the same effects/processors and sync to midi
nic

Post by nic »

lol tfred.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

umm well we are midi synced

we all run thru the same mixing desk then out

we dont want to add effects or extra processing to our drums asd thats already happened in the writing process, perhaps some gentle compression over the drum tracks, its been thought of and tried at home, but havent been arsed to bother trying it out in a gig situation

so you'll have a demo for me next time then? ;)
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

yeth
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

Spherix wrote:I SAW SOME GUY WITH A TRUE PLAYAZ JUMPER THOUGH!

that was entertaining :D
yep thats julez, he wipes his ass with a bad company t.

in reference to your comments spherix, i was one of those three,
boring, yeah fair call, its your opinion,
if we had been practicing day in and day out for months yeah i would have expected better also,
been mucking around for like a month man, and i know i my gear inside out,
when put into a` situation with 2 others it makes it interesting and fun, sepcially in live format,

i dunno i had fun and thats what its about yeah,

so is this what you do?
http://mars.spherix.com/

joking man

Catacomb
(Andyslim, Bantom, Spherix, Kace)
Forthcoming releases on Citrus, Fokuz, Ohm Resistance, and Shadybrain. Catacomb tracks are being found in record bags from Phace, Robot Death Squad, Noisia- the list goes on!
links???
i'd just lurve to hear some of your stuff man :D
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

LuKo

Post by LuKo »

Spherix wrote:yeth
hey scartch that idea - lets get you on at the next one September 2nd

You up for it?

Putting the lineup together tonight :wink:
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

I should mention the sets are roughly an hour long^
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Fuck the Metallica movie with that hired therapist at $10,000 per day. this thread is the bomb.
Nice resolution. Dude stumbles into a bar and has beef with music being played. Instead of throwing some vocal insults he bottles it up and goes home to let it out on-line.
Several posts later and a few interactive responses with the musicians involved at the bar a peace offering is made. Tune in next time to find out if the offer of a gig as full and final settlement is accepted.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

http://melbournebeats.com/forum/viewtop ... t=darkitek

thats some tidy work there, well done,
clean produce, cant rmember exactly but some bass lines on there very nice, and the sin city sample!!!!

i've done a bit of DnB, usually quantise to 32 and run at about 80-90bpm, do you do similiar? you've sucked me in now :wink: i wastrying recognise gear/shit you where using , specs on your studio?

im into the older stuff myself( gear wise), usually have maybe three drum machines for percs and sampler for loops, and korg for bass, just midi up and mess around on mixer, for tracks,

do you play out much? dj? im genuinly intrested, i would come watch/listen if you played out :D

some give the gifts that fit apon mantles while others give the gift of positive examples,
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

haha we actually dont really like that darkitek tune much, its by no means close to our best work but thanks for checking.

sonus : we run cubase with softsynths (mainly albino, octopus and zeta)
got two korg hardware synths but i dont use them much in dnb

we write at 175 bpm

ive only played out twice at local lineup shows.

@luko : i can give you the cd if you want to hear some stuff but im more of a studio producer than a live guy, so i'll decline on the gig, but thanks :)

factory worker : :teef:
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

Spherix wrote:
sonus : we run cubase with softsynths (mainly albino, octopus and zeta)
got two korg hardware synths but i dont use them much in dnb
korg m1 yeah, tidy
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

a trinity also
and larry has an ms2000