Places To Buy Winter Clothing

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
sweetcheeks

Places To Buy Winter Clothing

Post by sweetcheeks »

can anyone help me with a few places where i can purchase winter stock/winter clothing? the spring/summer season has never been so bitter and i need a warm jacket or i will die in europe!
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

try your local savers
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

If you are heading somewhere really really cold, buy over there: they will be coming into their winter nowish and will stock suitable jackets, clothes & pants.

Australian stuff on the whole isn't really cut out for anything below 0 degrees celsius.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
mrj

Post by mrj »

Except Lasers. Lasers can cut anything (except other Lasers, which can only be cut by love)
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

mrj wrote:Except Lasers. Lasers can cut anything (except other Lasers, which can only be cut by love)
And really really hard things, like diamond, or Sarah Jessica Parker's face.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

There is a coat shop on Rathdowne & Princes St in North Carlton called Picadilly Circus, where you'll be able to find a really good woollen coat. Otherwise I recommend buying stuff when you're there. Surviving a European winter is just like a Melbourne winter, it's all about layers!
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

Polecat wrote:There is a coat shop on Rathdowne & Princes St in North Carlton called Picadilly Circus, where you'll be able to find a really good woollen coat. Otherwise I recommend buying stuff when you're there. Surviving a European winter is just like a Melbourne winter, it's all about layers!
beat me to it!
There's no justice, just us.
mecka

Post by mecka »

antarctica
advocatus_diaboli

Post by advocatus_diaboli »

Polecat wrote:There is a coat shop on Rathdowne & Princes St in North Carlton called Picadilly Circus, where you'll be able to find a really good woollen coat. Otherwise I recommend buying stuff when you're there. Surviving a European winter is just like a Melbourne winter, it's all about layers!
Yes buy it when you're there! But its not about layers, all the buildings are farking hot, so you wanna big thick jacket that you can take off when you go in a building, not heaps of layers that take ages to put on every time you go outdoors.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

yeah, it's all still pretty cheap over here at the moment. kathmandu have a jacket called geneva that's just brilliant though, very very thin goretex (so it doesn't warm you up), but completely breaks rain and wind. also, get some icebreaker thermals (from nz), they are the best.

but even on sale in aus, stuff's still mad expensive. i wouldn't worry too much though; even right up here in arctica, it's 2C at the moment. it's got down to about -13 within the past fortnight, but over all i don't think it'll be _too_ cold. february is the coldest, that's when the -25 bizness starts.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
maggot brain

Post by maggot brain »

moscow!
got crunk in your funk?
freddy

Post by freddy »

C.I.A. wrote:If you are heading somewhere really really cold, buy over there: they will be coming into their winter nowish and will stock suitable jackets, clothes & pants.

Australian stuff on the whole isn't really cut out for anything below 0 degrees celsius.
thats thrue. i am from europe.
buy your jacket in europe!
be careful i am the strange guy from germany 8)