TEN YEARS OF NOTHING - not one fucking thing!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Lizkins wrote:i'm all for change, but its been said to me by a couple of oldies (i.e. people who been on here since beginning), that we wish it was like the old days. times have changed, and not for the better.
:scr1pt:

Time for a vibe-realignment.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Lauer wrote:
DBoy wrote:
lucas wrote: Hrm. Something really needs to be done about this.
:scr1pt: This place is meant to be a positive community of like minded people who share a love of the beat. WTF when people who were part of the forming nation are bailing because they are unhappy with an underlieing attitude that is present.

:evil:
Whats going on here? i dont understand :?

Whats so negative and full-o-shite at the moment?
you obviously weren't on here on sunday arvo/monday then ;)

quite a few threads were deleted.... etc etc, the behaviour of some people on here over the weekend was pretty bad.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I love MB.C and want everyone to come down on Saturday and get that positive crew together. So long since I seen all the crew in one place at one time. Get yo arses down.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

lucas wrote:
Lizkins wrote:i'm all for change, but its been said to me by a couple of oldies (i.e. people who been on here since beginning), that we wish it was like the old days. times have changed, and not for the better.
:scr1pt:

Time for a vibe-realignment.

do it LC :D not sure what, but something...

needs more vibe-a-licious action

i did just say that word, oh yes i did :lol:
nic

Post by nic »

All this 'negative' talk is a bit bizzare really, its always been the same, its just your experience of MB is porportional to the amount of people you know and interact with on here (and IRLol).

As soon as some of the people you know stop posting so much you dont feel as connected to teh site and start getting all downy when peeople you dont know or want to know start posting alot.

Nothing is really changing except people swapping 'posting posistions'

anyway heres a lol and a teef to cheer up teh weather.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

vibe-a-licious

Sounds like a name for a sex toy.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

nic wrote:All this 'negative' talk is a bit bizzare really, its always been the same, its just your experience of MB is porportional to the amount of people you know and interact with on here (and IRLol).

As soon as some of the people you know stop posting so much you dont feel as connected to teh site and start getting all downy when peeople you dont know or want to know start posting alot.

interesting perspective, good points.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

hello all
...and basically that's the situation
deviant

Post by deviant »

nic wrote:All this 'negative' talk is a bit bizzare really, its always been the same, its just your experience of MB is porportional to the amount of people you know and interact with on here (and IRLol).

actually, you are totally right.......

look back through some of the threads from last year... there's a few doozies of arguements and negative shit.

still though, sunday/monday was pretty bad, and that includes some of the oldies too.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

yeah good morning...

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

The feedback I've been hearing; which is in-line with my perspective on things; is certainly that it's not what it used to be.

I've received several PMs about this over the past week, and had few comments made to me in person over the past month or so. All from the very people this site was originally set up for.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

DBoy wrote:vibe-a-licious

Sounds like a name for a sex toy.

i reserve the rights :P i came up with the name.

jokes.

nic - good points made, and Will also thought similar. But i also think that things have drastically changed around here. Less respect for the place in general.

edit - by some new comers....or people who want to cause mischief for the hell of it.
Last edited by Lizkins on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
nic

Post by nic »

very people this site was originally set up for
Who are these people though? Thats an annoying perspersective to have, what about the people who want to be part of it but dont fit into the masterplan :lol: ?
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

Wasn't this site set up because melbourne jungle dissapeared :lol:

It took me a few months to find this joint after that. Has anyone actually got their money back?
deviant

Post by deviant »

nic wrote:
very people this site was originally set up for
Who are these people though? Thats an annoying perspersective to have, what about the people who want to be part of it but dont fit into the masterplan :lol: ?
Hasn't Little Evil been here from the start?

:lol:
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

nic wrote:what about the people who want to be part of it but dont fit into the masterplan :lol: ?
Everyone's welcome. :) We just really want the neg vibes and excessive vulgarities to be left at the door.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

To be honest, It used to be quite exclusive and not much of the posting had anything to do with music, so any claim about the broken beat commmunity are based more on the style of music peeps were into but notposting about. I lurked a lot back then, posting occasionally, but often finding my points of view to be way out of line with the majority of peeps. Do we want to go back to being a homogenised forum for bored office workers with a passing interest in broken beats on the weekends?
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Lauer wrote:Wasn't this site set up because melbourne jungle dissapeared :lol:

It took me a few months to find this joint after that. Has anyone actually got their money back?
No, well not really. Mb>C was actually formed by the disgruntled breaks massive from InTheMix. Lucas took to the iniative at the time to start this up cause ITM was not been user friendly.
At the time I also posted on MJ (Dabedo). At that point the MJ forum has already dissappeared and it was just that notice board. So I let everyone on there know about here too.

And the rest is history.

I personnally think this site is largely responsible for breaking down a lot of walls between the breaks and DnB scene in Melbourne, and that has been a very positive thing no matter how you look at it.
Last edited by DBoy on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
nic

Post by nic »

The only way to settle this is with a thread called:

How many MBer'z do you know IRL?

This will reveal something about posting and attitudes.
deviant

Post by deviant »

Edit: doesn't matter
Last edited by deviant on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
nic

Post by nic »

which category?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

What's IRL?
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

What about peeps with more than one log in etc. or secret handles?
nic

Post by nic »

In religious language?
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

factory worker wrote:To be honest, It used to be quite exclusive and not much of the posting had anything to do with music, so any claim about the broken beat commmunity are based more on the style of music peeps were into but notposting about. I lurked a lot back then, posting occasionally, but often finding my points of view to be way out of line with the majority of peeps. Do we want to go back to being a homogenised forum for bored office workers with a passing interest in broken beats on the weekends?

i disagree with this FW. In terms of the music, it has always been prevalent. And if it was seen as exclusive, it would be due to those who knew about it and actually came on and posted. I know heaps who lurk cos they just don't want to post (scared or whatever), up to them. It was a pretty darn happy and friendly community back in the day without a doubt!

and DBoy is well right about dnb and breaks coming together. Plus i have met heaps of rad peeps on here and made heaps on new friends.

Promoters have met and put nights on together. I mean the list goes on for what this place has done for breaks and dnb.

And this from its inception....
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Hmmmm i would like to say something........
I think this site is 100% perfect, really i do. Ive met heaps of people already and( well i thought ) my opinion ws always welcome. If MB seems to have a negative vibe its because it may be fact that some people may see it as an exclusive club kind of thing. As for last weeks ruckus i admit that was a little too much, but if you seen the posts you would notice it was just a shit fight goin back and forth which didnt even focus on the main issue that started it in the first place. As for vulgar type postings, well, ive seen heaps and heaps of stuff go by un-noticed and all of a sudden its become an issur with SOME peeps! Thats a bit strange but ill bare with it. And im a bit worried about this teeth crap, how come you can call someone any name you want if you post a teeth( ugly bastard too ) emoticon. I never post teeth so now it seems it means im being serious or rude, thats another srange aspect. But overall i love it, ive been to gigs for the first time in over a year, so that to me means the site is doing its job, and i for one am not going anywhere, so THERE!!
Take is easy and remember, if its someone you have had pleasant conversations with before and they post something you may find insulting, rude or just wrong, friends talk shit all the time,thats what makes it special becasue you can mess around with MATES!!!!!
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
Caleidoscope

Post by Caleidoscope »

C.I.A. wrote:This place has changed & has become pretty negative and full-o-shite.

This is actually a really decent community as far as they come. And it's quite large too, yet STILL holds steady.

Even the sections for bullshit (ie. This thread) has decent conversation.

I say, good effort to all involved.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Just quickly, I'd like to re-iterate. If something that should be modded isn't modded, it's because we don't have time to read everything and haven't seen it.

If you see something that needs our attention please report it to us.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Lizkins wrote:
factory worker wrote:To be honest, It used to be quite exclusive and not much of the posting had anything to do with music, so any claim about the broken beat commmunity are based more on the style of music peeps were into but notposting about. I lurked a lot back then, posting occasionally, but often finding my points of view to be way out of line with the majority of peeps. Do we want to go back to being a homogenised forum for bored office workers with a passing interest in broken beats on the weekends?

i disagree with this FW. In terms of the music, it has always been prevalent. And if it was seen as exclusive, it would be due to those who knew about it and actually came on and posted. I know heaps who lurk cos they just don't want to post (scared or whatever), up to them. It was a pretty darn happy and friendly community back in the day without a doubt!

and DBoy is well right about dnb and breaks coming together. Plus i have met heaps of rad peeps on here and made heaps on new friends.

Promoters have met and put nights on together. I mean the list goes on for what this place has done for breaks and dnb.

And this from its inception....
This is the biggest problem with MB.Com. No one actually really reads each others posts and get defensive. No doubt a lot of good has com eof this site. I've mentioned that in an earlier post - I have become good friends with peeps thru this site. How ever my point was related to that fact that when everythign was "nice" a lot of posts and threads were about inanae / non- musical things. Just recebntly I got bagged out in threads I started about live bands by peeps who didn't appreciate me doing that on a beats forum.
Do peeps want to go back to office banter with a bit of broken beats on the weekend is all I was suggesting. Cause I would hope not...
Last edited by factory worker on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

I'm not really friends with anyone on this site. I only know a few... who i say hello to at gigs.
nic

Post by nic »

hey grey:

its teef not teeth ok?

teh foundations of the internat woz built on lol n teef as soon as you get the hang of it you will love it. Look what teef did for dogsonacid.

:teef:
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

nic wrote:hey grey:

its teef not teeth ok?

teh foundations of the internat woz built on lol n teef as soon as you get the hang of it you will love it. Look what teef did for dogsonacid.

Shut up nic, what do you know!!

Ha ha, it is fun!!!
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

factory worker wrote:How ever my point was related to that fact that when everythign was "nice" a lot of posts and threads were about inanae / non- musical things.
It's pretty well known; the type of vibe we've been trying to foster on mb.c. We've also freely admitted that some people will not find such a vibe interesting or exciting. But, it is what it is, and you can take it or leave it.

Also, I think there were more music related posts back in the day than there are now.
nic

Post by nic »

Id liek it if there were more music threads, i end up posting in breaks forums on itm, nsb, bijb etc instead. but id rather talk about mucis with peoepl i know.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

good mornnig gang ..

well i am relatively new here, and i know i am outspoken and up for a debate pretty much all the time...

but i respect the ethos here, the mods, and also the fact that many of you were friends first, and that im new to both MB and the breaks/dnb scene.

however, im not new to forums, and i can tell you that MB.com is one of the nicest, community feeling sites ive spent time on. there are always people who say shit on forums just to get a rise out of people, that why they do it, casue its not face to face and they are probably too gutless to have any kind of confrontations like that in real life.

and no matter where you are, at work, in a social group, on the street, in another country, in the army, there will always be a couple of people who just rub you the wrong way, who you dont gel with, who, despite your best intentions, just shit you to tears.

thats life.

im sorry that some of the older members of mb dont like it here anymore, for a noob like me sometimes its intimidating to see a forum full of obviously good friends and their own in jokes, but even some of the shit stirrers around do a valid job of playing devils advocate sometimes...

i hope im not the target/insitgator of any bad vibes, i have a foul mouth and a reasonably dirty mind, but i love the people I havbe met from this site and hope to meet ALL of them eventually.

at least the site isnt overrun with bots or kids or people JUSt here to bigups themselves, there is still respect for each other and love of music that seems to unite us > and that more than many peeps in the rest of the world have got.

end kitty spiel
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

some people on here just have no respect, it's as simple as that

you can try and justify it all ya like
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

lucas wrote:
factory worker wrote:How ever my point was related to that fact that when everythign was "nice" a lot of posts and threads were about inanae / non- musical things.
It's pretty well known; the type of vibe we've been trying to foster on mb.c. We've also freely admitted that some people will not find such a vibe interesting or exciting. But, it is what it is, and you can take it or leave it.

Also, I think there were more music related posts back in the day than there are now.
I guess for me theres a lit less openess to different perspectives and opinions than is healthy. I find the range of discussion to be the strong point on this forum, but a lot of it is conformist in nature, which is fine if peeps are cool with that. I certainly aren';t here to censore anyone, quite the opposit. But the cost of that was watching gig threads being ignored. I know you guys have worked hard to reduce this problem, nice work.
Caleidoscope

Post by Caleidoscope »

much love
nic

Post by nic »

i like you gk ura bref ofresh air
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

thanks nic i thought i was gonna be ignored for last-post-on-page-syndrome

:wink:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

ghetto kitty wrote:thanks nic i thought i was gonna be ignored for last-post-on-page-syndrome

:wink:
GK +i gnored = no way.
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

ghetto kitty wrote:i have a foul mouth and a reasonably dirty mind, but i love the people I havbe met from this site and hope to meet ALL of them eventually.
All the qualities we like around here. Welcome to the family. Evil Laugh... bwhahahahahaa.

:thumbup: 8)
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

deviant

Post by deviant »

well said everybody........

now, can we move this discussion to the "bigups mods" thread and go back to talking about nothing?
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Man, its farken freezing outside..
nic

Post by nic »

huhuhuh lol script

im spent from being coherent(ish)
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Grey Son wrote:Man, its farken freezing outside..
Its pretty cold inside the freezer as well.
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Dan, when have you got some time for the studio my man ?
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

deviant

Post by deviant »

I heard it was snowing in tassie
nic

Post by nic »

hey snowie? is it really snowing in tas?
Caleidoscope

Post by Caleidoscope »

wtf it's like 35 degrees in qld