Nokia Connecting Beats 2005

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Motive

Nokia Connecting Beats 2005

Post by Motive »

all ye budding producers - the Nokia Connecting Beats competition is open for entries. This is the Terminal 9 comp that I entered in last year. Last year it was pretty much a breaks, hip-hop, D&B competition - this year it is open to all electronic music. Judges includes honchos from Compost, Hospital, Ninja Tune, TCR and many more. Prize is a trip overseas where u get to meet with the label of your choice, mastering and production of an EP and a tour of australia where u can act like a rock god and drink the mini-bar and smash the hotel room - all at Nokia's expense.
Quote from the website:
Entering is easy - simply register for the competition, upload your best unpublished tracks (maximum of two, maximum 5mb per track) in mp3 format at connectingbeats.com.au before midnight (Eastern Standard Time) May 6th 2005.

That's pretty soon so we'd better get submitting. Get into it ya mongrels.
http://www.connectingbeats.com.au
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

sweet.

strung out shoulda won last year.
Fents

Post by Fents »

So Motive when are we hooking up to enter a track that we make together....I'll bring the bud u write the choon then u can call me Fierce ;) :lol: :P
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

yep, get onto this if you are producer.. great comp.. all styles this year, and if anything a great chance to get you're music in front of some big names.. :)
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Blueprint wrote:yep, get onto this if you are producer.. great comp.. all styles this year, and if anything a great chance to get you're music in front of some big names.. :)
You entering then?
Don't hate me for house
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

giving up so easily, jbs?

:P
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

valuetime wrote:giving up so easily, jbs?

:P
ha, I'm not good enough to beat the sound of a can on string dragged down a road.

Maybe next year.
Don't hate me for house
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

I cannot stress enough that everyone should enter this. doggs and rogers got loads of exposure last year and this years comp and event are FUCKING CRAZY.

The event has over 4 internationals and is at undeniably melbourne's BEST venue.

The comp has serious money can't buy prizes and huge label support. Nokia have really upped it this year!

Sleep at your own peril - seriously.